Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by fvn1312
It´s free of charge
Madness! (But true - link)

Now THAT would be a nice Diamond benefit in U.S. hotels...we can dream, right?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:31 am

They charge for kayaks etc which are free in most similar hotels.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
They charge for kayaks etc which are free in most similar hotels.
Those must be tough to valet park!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Those must be tough to valet park!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:04 pm

I'm having a 4 night layover in Dubai towards the end of September and was wondering if you guys think this would be a good hotel choice for a first time trip?

I'd just like to combine a bit of relaxation with doing a few of the tourist attractions.

I take it there's no executive lounge, just the club lounge which you have to pay for?

I couldn't see it mentioned on the website, but do all rooms have balconies? To be more specific, the standard room!

Is it a buffet breakfast that the Diamond members are entitled to?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by MrLee
I'm having a 4 night layover in Dubai towards the end of September and was wondering if you guys think this would be a good hotel choice for a first time trip?
Very nice hotel. Great for relaxation. Its position on The Palm is not the nearest to some attractions but nowhere is perfect. Careem and Uber apps both work fine for taxis to anywhere you need. Hotel cars are at a premium price.

I take it there's no executive lounge, just the club lounge which you have to pay for?
Corrrct. Upgrades to "premier" rooms (i.e. Club access) are not always offered, and pricing is variable. There is no fixed price to buy club access, and no guarantee it will be offered, if you don't book a premier room.

I couldn't see it mentioned on the website, but do all rooms have balconies? To be more specific, the standard room!
Yes as far as I'm aware. Be aware the standard rooms tend to be on a low floor in the north west corner - overlooking the water treatment plant or the road, so the balcony isn't necessarily a pleasant place to be.

Is it a buffet breakfast that the Diamond members are entitled to?
Yes. But not by Honors rules, by property policy (which may change at any time, but they have offered it for years). It's a superb buffet.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by rjn21
Very nice hotel. Great for relaxation. Its position on The Palm is not the nearest to some attractions but nowhere is perfect. Careem and Uber apps both work fine for taxis to anywhere you need. Hotel cars are at a premium price.

Corrrct. Upgrades to "premier" rooms (i.e. Club access) are not always offered, and pricing is variable. There is no fixed price to buy club access, and no guarantee it will be offered, if you don't book a premier room.

Yes as far as I'm aware. Be aware the standard rooms tend to be on a low floor in the north west corner - overlooking the water treatment plant or the road, so the balcony isn't necessarily a pleasant place to be.

Yes. But not by Honors rules, by property policy (which may change at any time, but they have offered it for years). It's a superb buffet.
Thank you very much for all of this.

Do they tend to be very generous in upgrading Diamond members? The partial sea view room is 69k, compared to 93k for what I'd really want by the sound of things.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I've had upgrades from premier rooms to premier suites, from premier suites to waldorf suites, from standard room to a standard suite. I've never gone from a non-premier (no club) room type to premier (club) of any sort of room. YMMV.

A wholly subjective opinion is that the club is ok, but personally I wouldn't be too fussed as long as you have diamond breakfast. The afternoon tea is nice, (cakes can be a bit stale and I don't like the scones - very salty, no real cream only fake sugar cream) the evening canapés and booze are nice, but the price for that is quite significant, which you may want to use for a nice dinner somewhere. Be aware that booze is very expensive everywhere in the UAE if that's your thing. The duty free shop in arrivals pre-customs at DXB is good value (compared to landslide duty paid prices in the UAE).
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:46 pm

+1 for the amazing breakfast. Also received a drink voucher for peacock alley. Did not feel I needed club access at this property.

emailing the hotel will confirm an upgrade in advance. Go for a suite. They're exceptional here.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Hilton DIA / SPG Gold / Hyatt Plat
Anybody knows if Mrs Assmann is still working there as Head of Front Office? Mailed her directly last week and got no response.

thanks in advance
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I'm considering going here in November for 2 nights as a Hilton Diamond.
Understood all the comments regarding breakfast benefit (essential) and lack of lounge access (ok) as long as the hotel is great.
More important for me: we're flying into DXB at 6AM. Does anybody have experience regarding early check-in as a Diamond? (at least let me chill at the pool during the morning)
I also have some SPG hotels in my list which seem to have great Platinum recognition and I wouldn't expect issues there. But I'm new to Hilton Diamond and have heard various things...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by flockavelliFT
I'm considering going here in November for 2 nights as a Hilton Diamond.
Understood all the comments regarding breakfast benefit (essential) and lack of lounge access (ok) as long as the hotel is great.
More important for me: we're flying into DXB at 6AM. Does anybody have experience regarding early check-in as a Diamond? (at least let me chill at the pool during the morning)
I also have some SPG hotels in my list which seem to have great Platinum recognition and I wouldn't expect issues there. But I'm new to Hilton Diamond and have heard various things...
This is a very well-run property. I would email them directly and make sure an early arrival request is on your reservation. I would also throw in, if applicable, you will be departing at the normal check out time. Sometimes makes it easier to get the early check in if they know you will not ask for a late check out.

Of course, all depends on availability from the night before. If they have it, they will look out for you.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
This is a very well-run property. I would email them directly and make sure an early arrival request is on your reservation. I would also throw in, if applicable, you will be departing at the normal check out time. Sometimes makes it easier to get the early check in if they know you will not ask for a late check out.
Excellent advice, thank you. I probably won't need a late check-out, so that could play in my favor.
Since I even got a BRG approved, I'm very much looking forward to this stay.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:03 am

You're welcome. If I may ask, where did you find a lower rate than hilton.com?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
You're welcome. If I may ask, where did you find a lower rate than hilton.com?
I linked to the my post in the BRG thread in my comment. ^ Trip.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.