Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:56 am

I am diamond on a award stay. Should I pay to updated to the club lounge? It is about £170 a day I think which seems a lot.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:35 am

Well interesting. Checked in and they offered a club rate of 350 plus tax so 420. They had previously quoted 700 . So we accepted but then as they tried to process it they said that our booking had been pre- agreed at 700. Went off to see a manager but they were resolute and then withdrew their 350 and said it was 700.

We didn't accept it. Not a good start to a stay - they are already of a significant minus!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:57 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Well interesting. Checked in and they offered a club rate of 350 plus tax so 420. They had previously quoted 700 . So we accepted but then as they tried to process it they said that our booking had been pre- agreed at 700. Went off to see a manager but they were resolute and then withdrew their 350 and said it was 700.

We didn't accept it. Not a good start to a stay - they are already of a significant minus!
Gosh, that's expensive for the Club Lounge access. When we were there in 2014, we got it for 300Dh per day, which also included the choice of breakfast in the main restaurant. Thought that was good value.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Gosh, that's expensive for the Club Lounge access. When we were there in 2014, we got it for 300Dh per day, which also included the choice of breakfast in the main restaurant. Thought that was good value.
Yes. Already get breakfast as diamond so £160 a day for afternoon tea and drinks seems madness

What annoys me as they seem to have 1 rate for redemptions and 1 for paid stays.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:45 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Yes. Already get breakfast as diamond so £160 a day for afternoon tea and drinks seems madness

What annoys me as they seem to have 1 rate for redemptions and 1 for paid stays.
That makes it even more expensive! When we were there in 2014, our room rate didn't include breakfast and at the time, as per Hhonors T & Cs for Waldorfs, they didn't give breakfast to Diamonds. Good that they now give Diamonds this extra benefit. I certainly wouldn't pay 700Dh for evening drinks in the lounge.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Waldorf Dubai points redemption

Hi all.

I would appreciate some advice on award taxes / service charges.

I have just checked into Waldorf Dubai Palm for 5 nights on points
4 X 80000 per night and fifth night free = 320000 points.

Upon check in I was advised on top of the points there would be an additional 1200 dirham charge for service charge, taxes and tourist tax.

This equates to approx £300 / $400 and does not sound right to me.

I stayed here last year on points and money - 32,000 per night plus 550 dirhams
And I was only charged tax and service on the 550dhs money portion of the stay so was quite surprised this has been added to my points stay.

Very impressed with check in procedure a true 5 star service experience so far

Thanks for any input on points query.

Last edited by PaulH1; Feb 11, 2017 at 2:19 am
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:19 am

I had a multi nights award stay previously. I did not have to pay a single cent in fees nor taxes. Only points.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I had a multi nights award stay previously. I did not have to pay a single cent in fees nor taxes. Only points.
+1

Also in the Waldorf Dubai. If the make any trouble, please ask for the manager of operations, a very friendly and helpful guy from Belgium.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:31 am

Thanks for your advice very much appreciated.

I queried the matter with the lounge manageress this morning and she confirmed I was given incorrect information at check in.

Pre authorisation should of been 2500dhs and not 3700dhs

The Reward redemption does include tax and service and the only additional tax to pay is the tourist tax of 20dhs per night.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:17 am

I stayed in January. The billing was random to say the least.

They quoted us 1 price for lounge access £160 wish gbp a day . On check in they quoted a much lower one- £70 gap ish. We accepted it. They then retracted it. The £70 ish seems to be the normal rate- we were already hilton diamond with breakfast.

Not a good start to a stay and to be honest we felt that they were dishonest. The stay was fine but the impression remained and tainted the stay.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your negative experience which I did read on the main Waldorf Dubai thread and you are right about honesty and integrity that is very important to me also infact we have had a similar situation at Conrad Dubai this week infact it's the third time in a row they have lied to us and let us down, we had a terrible stay and we will never stay there again.

However we have found the Waldorf Dubai to be absolutely fantastic in every aspect and I cannot speak highly enough about the service we have received here.

We even had a letter of apology because the setup of the DVD player took a while.....
The shuttle bus is not currently stopping at Atlantis so they laid on a Lexus transfer free.....

In 2014 Conrad Dubai was better than Waldorf Dubai in my opinion but now Waldorf Dubai has improved massively under the new manager and it blows Conrad Dubai out of the water.

Last edited by PaulH1; Feb 13, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by PaulH1

In 2014 Conrad Dubai was better than Waldorf Dubai in my opinion but now Waldorf Dubai has improved massively under the new manager and it blows Conrad Dubai out of the water.
New Manager? Mr. W. is there since 08/15
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:16 am

Booked a king deluxe sea view and upgraded pre-arrival as diamond to a premier king suite sea view.

Ended up with a king premier suite palm view which is just as great. No club access given which was expected but offered two free drinks per evening ( I stayed as one guest)-- go to Palm Alley for a pre-dinner drink, it's more relaxing and great for people watching. They also offered prosecco which was not on the comp menu. Buffet breakfast at Mezzerie is outstanding in choice and quality. Even better than WA Rome.

Suite is STUNNING with a double balcony measuring roughly 400+ square feet. This is the type of suite you want to live in. Comfortable, luxurious, functional. Housekeeping is exceptional, some of the best I've seen. Staff is engaging, courteous and proactive.

Only negatives: Concierge will not book tours for you and refers you to the third party tour desk at the other end of the lobby. That gentleman was rather surely so I booked tours on my own.

Upon arrival, I booked the hotel car several times during my stay and they never had a record of it when I arrived for the service. However there was always a car there so no harm no foul.

I stayed with the second night free Visa promotion which was acknowledged at check in and also includes $25USD resort credit. The final bill had the second night charge on it. That was quickly rectified, but I noticed they did not take off $25USD of food and bev. I'm not going to bring it up as this was already an incredible deal.

All in all, my 2nd favorite Hilton Worldwide property now (first is Hilton Beijing Wangfuging).

Enthusiastically recommend!

Score: 9.5/10
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:55 am
RJJ

Programs: Hilton, IHG, BA
Does the hotel provide valet parking and how much does it cost?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by RJJ
Does the hotel provide valet parking and how much does it cost?
It´s free of charge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.