Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Excellent report kilo

I just have an end corridor room on the 4th floor but has its balcony facing the burj ( dark at night apart from the top and bottom that look purple from here ( the atlantis on the other hand is all lit up)
turn down service was provided with 2 bedside chocolates.
shower has a small bench

bedside sockets are only uae uk style
us style socket and USB port by desk.

the walkway from the hotel to the pools ( closed at night ) is beautiful.all lit up
here it definitely feels more humid than downtown even st night ( a short walk round the pools and I was sweating) and when I open the balcony door to take photos with my dslr the filter lenses steam up instantly a la singapore
I do like the WA logo on the bed covers and the separate baggage storage area and hanging space on its own room off the entrance hallway
bathroom has a glass window between it and the bedroom ( electrical blind also for privacy) and the eindiw pattern is interesting.

The sofa ( converts to a pullout bed) is a little hard to sit on.
curtains are manually controlled
regards
Gym on the ground floor is large and well appointed with water but no wet cold towels like the conrad.
came upstairs from the gym and no lights were working apart from the TV and balcony so had to call reception to send am engineer then all of a sudden the lights came on by themselves.

aftet showering ( nice bathrobes) I opened the balcony doors to hang my gym kit out to dry and the haze has cleared and I could see the burk Khalifa and the lit top of the geovora(sp?) In the distance

Regards
Tbs
kilo likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 10, 2022 at 1:32 pm
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Room lights going out completely

Hi

Last night at 1030 after a workout and seeing the pool.at night I came back to my room and the lights would not come on so the room was completely dark eve after pressing the switch various times.
I was able to find my mobile phone and turn on its torch and the tvs which worked to give some light.

I phoned the operator and just before he came the lights turned on by themselves .he tested the switches and it seemed that you had to hold the master on switch longer than normal but he said he would loook into it.
this morning whilst shaving the lights went out again but this time touching the master switch turned them back on and at least during the day with the curtains partially drawn there is enough natural light
will mention this to the staff.

Woke up a bit early and saw the sun rise in downtown dubai with a beautiful view of the burj Khalifa which has since become hazy.
trying the downstairs restaurant for breakfast and is very good so far and moderately busy.

Noticed blueberry chia mango yoghurt cinnamon buns and blueberry pancakes
hot and humid outside

regards

Tbs
pool quite busy but no problem getting a lounger at the adult pool at 1020 sat morning but will get busier later on .
pool attendant brought and set up 2 blue towels and brought a bucket full of ice with 4 waldorf astoria water bottles in it.

Sea is still warm in the morning but cooler than later in the day. Pool were getting busier as Saturday wore on..
from 1245 to 1400 the Pearl Club serves soup . Today it was cauliflower truffle. Bread rolls also provided.
will head up for afternoon tea then a work out then Beach and evening snacks.
kilo likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 11, 2022 at 4:34 am
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
A bit of a side note but this hotel appears to be terrible at responding to emails. I am staying here in July and have emailed three different emails. When I stayed here a few years ago, they responded within a few hours. Now its been days and total crickets. I have read how the hotel is not up to the same standard as it once was….is this a sign?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I don’t know if it’s a sign, but I also had no response to my emails (very late arrival don’t “no show” the room). I had same day responses in March of this year and pre-Covid.

if you’ve been before, circa 2 years ago, differences you may spot are:

The breakfast buffet has been reduced a bit. It’s still good. Breakfast cereals are consistently stale as it’s pot luck now if they’re just refilled the individual dispenser with a freshly opened box. The Asian / Indian section is much reduced. The pork station is still good (for the UAE) if that matters to you. The freshly baked cakes have gone. They still have fresh croissants etc. The tea coffee is system is still a faff. If you want something promptly, and if you’re comfortable in so doing, it’s better to approach the dispenser and either do it yourself depending on staff availability or ask the staff member, who will be frantic, as the dispenser machine is very slow causing backlogs.

Check in can be very slow. 38 minutes to check in 4 rooms (me plus 3 people ahead). That’s consistent timing with my other experiences this year, (but not statistically significant). No diamond recognition or repeat stay recognition (I couldn’t care less but if you’re taking 9 minutes per room and reading a load of irrelevant waffle off the checkin script, it’s not hard to say welcome back and thank you for your continued support as a diamond member).

I don’t have sufficient data to be significant, but impressario rate plus diamond member has always gotten me the worst possible room, within the booked class, in 2022. I’ve no expectation of (and didn’t receive) any room upgrade.

The club alcohol hours are now extended, from 5 to 8, and they offer some form of light lunch (Soup and bread I think). I had 3 problems with a specific club staff member, such that I choose not to interact with that person now to avoid further conflict, but all other club staff remain great.

Otherwise it should be the same as you recall.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

just checked out after a 3 night weekend stay

Hard product is excellent ( hand towel rail very close to the sink though and the sink space to put toiletries was limited

Turndown service excellent with chocolates

Breakfast buffet very food ( cinnamon buns fresh and different type of pancakes ( today was raspberry) with mango sauce

No issue with ordering a cafe latte( I was avoiding peak times as I was down around 830 for breakfast) also generally no problems in the club although did have to wait a few minutes if ordering just before the 8pm alcohol cut off as the staff were busy with last orders

Lounge selection excellent ( ie soup) but afternoon scones very crumbly and broke into pieces unlike conrad
drink selection excellent including cocktails
Lounge staff very good.

Pool busy at weekend but you are able to find a chair somewhere.staff put down very large and comfy chairs.

Few annoyances
Put in a wakeup call for 0630but was called at 0600. . My follow up call requested for 0645 was on time
had to wait a few minutes in the morning for the Pearl. club staff member to come back to be able to check out ( not all staff can do check out)

Despite making a reservation for a hotel car to the airport for 0830 today when I was in the lounge yesterday pm the bell staff had no information on it when I went down. There was a car available though so left around 0850 ( j was a few minutes late due to checkout.
journey to the airport was only about 35 mins with minimal traffic ( more traffic in the other direction) and was aed 220 for a Toyota people carrier ( other cars are available at varying prices

Overall a very good stay. It is more a resort hotel than the downtown conrad so a different experience. The club is very good ( but you are paying for it)

pool drink prices appeared reasonable ( ie a pina colada was 75aed against 80aed at conrad

Regards

Tbs
kilo likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 13, 2022 at 3:30 am
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:00 am

Received this rather woolly message yesterday:Greetings from Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah!

We are writing to you with regards your upcoming stay with us.

As part of our continued commitment to enhance our property and service, Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah will be undergoing renovation of the beachfront area from July 18th to 31st to offer you the ultimate beach experience.

We apologize in advance for any disturbances you may experience during this time. Please rest assured that we are doing our utmost to minimize the impact on the operations and to ensure you will be having an unforgettable stay with us.

Whether you would like to laze on our pristine private beach, or cool off in one of our two temperature-controlled pools, plenty of options will remain available for you to let your mind wander in an aquatic oasis.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information, the satisfaction of our guests remains our top priority.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by rjn21
I had 3 problems with a specific club staff member, such that I choose not to interact with that person
Maybe Rajith G.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some photos

Hi,

Some photos from my stay

Bathroom vanity. More toiletries ( ie vanity kit) in the box beneath the soap lotion and mouth wash. Lit shaving mirror to left. Handtowel handrail to lfgt but close to sink. Bathrobes for sale at AED 400 from WA shop. Aromatherapy Assoc Showergel shampoo and conditioner were placed on small bench in shower

Bath with tv. Vertical blind can be lowered for privacy

Bed and setee ( can be made to a pullout bed )

View of Burj al arab from balcony. Empty plot of land to right. Downtown dubai and burj khalifa hidden by haze. Seawall promenade on other side of the road

Chairs on balcony. Sorry for my swim stuff. Light can be switched off. Room A/C goes off when balcony door opens. Found it very humid during the day

Soup from the Pearl Club during Evening snacks

small selection of the evening snacks ( chicken tikka in the metal trays)

Just after sunrise from my balcony (0540) Burj khalifa in the background. Clearest part of the day before the haze

Pool and beach area from the Pearl club balcony ( Atlantis the Palm in the background) around 1000/ JBR area viewable if you viewed left. views were beautiful. Balcony seemed less humit than my balcony

Lage comfy towels and bucket of ice with 4 water bottle provdied by the pool staff on arrival

I think it is a swan- folded towel animal left by housekeeping one day

Just before the sun disappeared behind the haze ( 1855) from the far end of the Pearl club balcony

View fronm the pool area back to the hotel at night. Beautiful to walk around after a gym workout but still humid ( felt like i was sweating more after 5 mins outside than afer a light workout

Another sunrise

the atrium

Blueberry pancakes with mango syrup in the restaurant. Although not made to order the pancakes were very fresh and tasty. Next day was raspberry pancakes.

View of the adult pool and towards JBR fron Pearl club just after sunset

Bed after turndown service. Turndown service excellent and done daily around the same time after being asked for a time on arrival

Family pool early morning before opening

Beach looking towards atlantis. Diving platform in the foreground

Lots of umbrellas on the beach

Regards

TBS
haner, redpalmetto and Schwann like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 19, 2022 at 4:57 am
Old Jan 21, 2023, 10:17 am

Question Bathroom toiletries anyone?

Has the hotel switched to AESOP already or went for the cheaper Aromatherapy ones?
Old Jan 21, 2023, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheShis
Has the hotel switched to AESOP already or went for the cheaper Aromatherapy ones?
​​​​​​​hi ​​​​​​​It was the aromatherapy ones when I was there in June (but s f tuscan soul body lotion) but the w a edinburgh moved to the large aesop bottles when I was in Edinburgh in December so the palm may have changed since my visit

regards

​​​​​​​Tbs
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi ​​​​​​​It was the aromatherapy ones when I was there in June (but s f tuscan soul body lotion) but the w a edinburgh moved to the large aesop bottles when I was in Edinburgh in December so the palm may have changed since my visit

regards

​​​​​​​Tbs
Hopefully.
Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:20 am

Smile

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi ​​​​​​​It was the aromatherapy ones when I was there in June (but s f tuscan soul body lotion) but the w a edinburgh moved to the large aesop bottles when I was in Edinburgh in December so the palm may have changed since my visit

regards

​​​​​​​Tbs
The hotel now confirmed they switched to Aesop.
​​​​​​​Yay!!!
Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The hotel now confirmed they switched to Aesop.
Yay!!!
Can confirm. I'm here now and full bottles of Aesop are provided by the sink and shower stall. I wish there was bath salts for the tub though.. I'll ask housekeeping tomorrow if they have it but I luckily brought my own. The pictures by TBS are spot on. I booked a city view and was "upgraded" to palm view. Watching the sunset over the Atlantis/pam is nice but I'm sure watching sunrise is just as good from the other side.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by haner
Can confirm. I'm here now and full bottles of Aesop are provided by the sink and shower stall. I wish there was bath salts for the tub though.. I'll ask housekeeping tomorrow if they have it but I luckily brought my own. The pictures by TBS are spot on. I booked a city view and was "upgraded" to palm view. Watching the sunset over the Atlantis/pam is nice but I'm sure watching sunrise is just as good from the other side.
Thanks.
Appreciated.
Have fun!
Old Mar 20, 2023, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When choosing a hotel for luxury and design. Thoughts on this hotel vs Raffles? I love the guest rooms at Raffles, so elegant. Here, they look rather plain. Interested on anyone who can compare the two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.