Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam {NLD}

Old May 13, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
A few new photos have added to the property's website

Originally Posted by woodburyhome
One review so far on trip advisor. If you go to facebook there is a video with the manager before they finished and they do a peek inside some of the rooms. It's in dutch so I didn't understand it, but saw a very small room (must be a superior) and a suite or two.
I checked the website of Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam today and it seems that a few new photos have been added (two at the moment), one of the exterior of the hotel and one from one of the accommodations, namely the "King grand Loft". I guessing more will be added later on to replace of the computer generated designs of the rooms and interior of the hotel.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I received this offer in an email this morning:

Room rates are crazy there though.
As are stays on Hhonors points. A casual view of Summer dates gives rates of between 240,000 and 270,000 points per night, ouch!!!!
Old May 14, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mckroes
I checked the website of Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam today and it seems that a few new photos have been added (two at the moment), one of the exterior of the hotel and one from one of the accommodations, namely the "King grand Loft". I guessing more will be added later on to replace of the computer generated designs of the rooms and interior of the hotel.
As I am in Amsterdam, I asked the day after 1st May opening. Staff member confirmed it is a 'soft opening' and not all rooms are available/ready. It could be the fact only a %age of rooms is ready as yet is causing the fun and games with not all room types available to book.

I like the location, far side of street/canal behind the square, as not right on the Rembrandt Plein square itself, should be much quieter than the eg NH hotels that are directly overlooking the square.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Really looking forward to staying here mid June.

I'm staying with family and between us have 3 room types booked including a night using points so will try to get lots of pictures of the different room types if I can as well as any upgrades we are given/offered.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Anyone know if the Weekend Night Certificates that one gets with the Hilton Reserve Card can be used here?

Thanks!
Old May 20, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by callenrandolph
Anyone know if the Weekend Night Certificates that one gets with the Hilton Reserve Card can be used here?

Thanks!
Here's the list of excluded properties, but since this is a new hotel you should still confirm with CS

WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE IS VALID FOR ONE (1) WEEKEND NIGHT STANDARD ACCOMMODATION, DOUBLE OCCUPANCY, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY, AT PROPERTIES IN THE HILTON HHONORS PORTFOLIO EXCLUDING:

All Inclusive Properties:
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Central Pacific -Costa Rica
Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
Hilton Hurghada Plaza Hotel
Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort
Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa
Hilton Puerto Vallarta
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort

Distinctive Properties:
Conrad Koh Samui Residences
Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk
Kingston Plantation Condos
Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences
Royale Palms Condominiums
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel-Center Strip
Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
Hilton Club New York
Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites - Las Vegas (Convention Center)
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at SeaWorld
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at South Beach
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at the Flamingo
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on International Drive
Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on the Las Vegas Strip
Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Kings Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Parc Soleil Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
Park City Hilton Grand Vacations
Valdoro Mountain Lodge by Hilton Grand Vacations Suites
West 57th Street by Hilton Club
Ho'olei at Grand Wailea
Las Casitas, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Qasr Al Sharq, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Old May 21, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by callenrandolph

Thanks!
Yes, I used one last weekend. I was barely there, so can't give much of a review--the public spaces are lovely, the room was nice, no sound came out of my television.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:10 pm

Superior rooms and standard awards are now back in inventory
Old May 31, 2014, 11:04 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

I must say I find it interesting that although I have booked a points stay here back in March (the stay is in June) I have had no correspondence with the hotel regarding this stay...

However, upon booking two paid stays (to be joined to the points stay)...received a phone call and an email asking if there was anything that I required or if I needed transport from the airport, etc...

I do like it if hotels proactively contact me before a stay, however, find it a bit off that this seems to only be done for cash stays and not for any stay here...

Anyway, have asked a few questions and made a request or two so will see if they come back to me or not and post this in my review after the stay.

Anyone that has stayed here so far...have you received any upgrades? How was breakfast? (As there will be four of us, wondering whether to eat here or go somewhere else for breakfast as it will be around 120 Euro each morning! If the breakfast is good, may consider paying that...)

Thanks for any info anyone can provide so far!
Old May 31, 2014, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that charging for breakfast at W=A is akin to charging for Internet for DIA and Gold: it will end up being free eventually. Particularly as W=A breakfast is hardly different from a Conrad or good Hilton!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
I must say I find it interesting that although I have booked a points stay here back in March (the stay is in June) I have had no correspondence with the hotel regarding this stay...

However, upon booking two paid stays (to be joined to the points stay)...received a phone call and an email asking if there was anything that I required or if I needed transport from the airport, etc...

I do like it if hotels proactively contact me before a stay, however, find it a bit off that this seems to only be done for cash stays and not for any stay here...

Anyway, have asked a few questions and made a request or two so will see if they come back to me or not and post this in my review after the stay.

Anyone that has stayed here so far...have you received any upgrades? How was breakfast? (As there will be four of us, wondering whether to eat here or go somewhere else for breakfast as it will be around 120 Euro each morning! If the breakfast is good, may consider paying that...)

Thanks for any info anyone can provide so far!
Please let us know how you come out; my wife and I are arriving July 1 for a 3 night stay on points/miles. It would be great to know if they would send a car to pick us up at the airport - we are both Diamonds.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Please let us know how you come out; my wife and I are arriving July 1 for a 3 night stay on points/miles. It would be great to know if they would send a car to pick us up at the airport - we are both Diamonds.
They will almost certainly be able to arrange transport for you - but it will come with a price tag
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:34 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam

I'll update once I have heard back from them, however I do very much expect they would charge for the car transfer.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:39 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by BotB
I'll update once I have heard back from them, however I do very much expect they would charge for the car transfer.
Taxis are very expensive in Amsterdam (and unless you have a LOT of luggage is by far the most over-priced alternative from the airport).

With that being said, there are quite a few mid-priced properties that have airport shuttles, and there is a shared airport shuttle. Most opt to take the train to Centraal (or South)+tram/bus/walk or the #197 airport bus.

If you are interested in a luxury car (which is my assumption, if you want the Waldorf to request a car), the most cost-effective (of the expensive) option is to use Uber and request a luxury car (instead of a black car). This should run 50€ to 60€; and I would imagine be far less than what the hotel might charge for a "luxury" car; but I might be mistaken. (My suggestion, would be to request Uber at baggage claim, and meet "across the street" at the Sheraton-Schiphol; IMO, this is by far the easiest meeting point for (requested) cars.)
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: DL FO
More photos of the rooms were posted recently in the "Accomodations" and "Gallery" sections of their website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.