Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam {NLD}

Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:25 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Here now on a points stay for 2 nights.

Got a complimentary Diamond upgrade to a King Grand Premier Room with a Garden View. We were offered the Canal view for 85 EUR but preferred the garden view (room was going for 830 EUR at check in).

Breakfast in the Goldfinch Brasserie with both ala carte and buffet options included for Diamonds.

The two complimentary aperitivo cocktails served at Peacock Alley were great.

Service has been fantastic, dinner at Spectrum tonight.

Overall a really lovely stay and worth the points in my opinion.
Thanks. Clearly a very nice property.

But just as clearly, another example where Diamond makes only a negligible difference.
offerendum likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Between Hilton and Marriott/SPG we have over 4000 nights. Stayed at the Waldorf Amsterdam in early May. A stunning property. Diamond treatment was superb. I rarely comment on breakfast, but it could not have been nicer or more generous.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
I agree. We checked out about an hour ago and loved every minute.

It has probably pipped Rangali and Koh Samui for my favourite of all time Hilton stay
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
Between Hilton and Marriott/SPG we have over 4000 nights. Stayed at the Waldorf Amsterdam in early May. A stunning property. Diamond treatment was superb. I rarely comment on breakfast, but it could not have been nicer or more generous.
Agree it´s a very nice property and personally I´m glad it´s not a point-spot. Personally I found the breakfast disappointing, perhaps they improved.

What gets little mention here is (now) Spectrum which is a very nice restaurant and one of the reason to choose the hotel for excample over Conservatory if you wonna have a nice dinner.

Last edited by offerendum; Aug 21, 2019 at 6:20 am
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:11 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
Agree it´s a very nice property and personally I´m glad it´s not a point-spot. Personally I found the breakfast disappointing, perhaps they improved.

What gets little mention here is (now) Spectrum which is a very nice restaurant and one of the reason to choose the hotel for excample over Conservatory if you wonna have a nice dinner.
The restaurant is also the argument many make to stay at the W!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:33 am

They kept their 2*. Bold move to change it up risking them.
offerendum likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by saaveraward
They kept their 2*. Bold move to change it up risking them.
In fact Bold had not so much in common with the restaurant so not too surprised. But of course a risk.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
The restaurant is also the argument many make to stay at the W!
There are some hotels with 1 star restaurants (Okura has a 2 star too), but WA has the best combination of hotel-product and restaurant imo. A few steps from WA away is also Restaurant 212 if you stay more than 1 night
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:00 am
Suspended

There are some hotels with 1 star restaurants (Okura has a 2 star too), but WA has the best combination of hotel-product and restaurant imo. A few steps from WA away is also Restaurant 212 if you stay more than 1 night
So I've heard. Except that I've also heard too many complaints about the "green" air con system used at this WA that I could never risk a stay here.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I've heard. Except that I've also heard too many complaints about the "green" air con system used at this WA that I could never risk a stay here.
So OK, that´s a dealbreaker
To be fair I found aircon perfect (on a hot day) but in this point you shouldn´t trust me
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:09 am
Suspended

So OK, that´s a dealbreaker
To be fair I found aircon perfect (on a hot day) but in this point you shouldn´t trust me
I know too well to trust you for luxury and restaurants...but never for air con.

I suppose next I'll have to see if you have good taste in men, too.
offerendum likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose next I'll have to see if you have good taste in men, too.
Well, not my speciality I would say.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Well, not my speciality I would say.
Nobody's perfect.
offerendum likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:34 am

Is this property worth 95000 a night if you do a 5th night free redemption? It's during July, so the price makes sense. My wife and I decided we wanted to anniversary trip to either Paris or AMS, but all of the Hilton Paris properties seem to have some kind of achilles heel. This one looks like perfection (at a price, of course.)
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jbandy10
Is this property worth 95000 a night if you do a 5th night free redemption? It's during July, so the price makes sense. My wife and I decided we wanted to anniversary trip to either Paris or AMS, but all of the Hilton Paris properties seem to have some kind of achilles heel. This one looks like perfection (at a price, of course.)
Yes. Forget all the complaining about reward availability; it’s a fantastic property. We absolutely loved our stay. From the location, to the garden, the staff and the wonderful breakfast, it was IMO the best HH redemption we’ve ever had. Go!
offerendum likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.