Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Quality Reduction in Past Few Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours Diamond

I thought I would start a thread to note the reduction in Hilton Quality over the past few years.

1. Do you remember when Gold/Diamonds used to get a bottle of wine or bowl of fruit or box of chocolates in the room ( or all three) in Europe Hiltons.

2. do you remember when the big city main Hiltons (in Europe) had a suit carrier in each room.

3. Do you remember when all Hiltons in Europe (except the old Hilton Nationals Inthe UK) had a shoe bag in each room.

4 do you remember when it was a Hilton standard that all executive room bathrooms had a small carpet to stand on while shaving.

5 your turn to fill in................
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours Diamond
And the advertised room sizes where correct

5 Do you remember that when Hilton said a room was 30 square metre it did not mean 27 square metres (a la Paris Orly deluxe rooms)
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
6 Do you remember when the slippers in the Hilton deluxe rooms were not all the same (small) size, they used to have larger and smaller ones?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
7 Pepperidge Farm Remembers
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by poser
7 Pepperidge Farm Remembers
Best post of the day. Always amazed when goofy threads like this appear.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Sure. I also remember when it was a luxury to fly and planes werent filled with people that looked like they rolled out of bed.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheTourVan
Sure. I also remember when it was a luxury to fly and planes werent filled with people that looked like they rolled out of bed.
That's being generous. Most looked like they rolled out of someplace worse than bed.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
LOL - That is so true
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
I know so many that complain about crowded lounges and lack of this and lack of that. I guess we have not encountered it like most have. But then again, its a hotel, not my house, so as long as it has what I need for business, I am all good.

When it comes to vacation, I research a bit more and wont let this happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.