Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2,500 Bonus Points for each stay when using Citi Hilton Honors - Nov 25 to Feb 18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Bonus Points for each stay when using Citi Hilton Honors - Nov 25 to Feb 18

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:55 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notahappycamper
What Amex offer is being referred to in this thread?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-targeted.html
-
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Interesting... for the REGULAR AMEX card. I have the Hilton AMEX Surpass for biz stays, which gives 12 Hhonors points per $1 spent at Hilton properties, plus a 500 point bonus when using the card to register, currently have no biz stays booked. As T&Cs state that the offer is targeted, it does not appear to be worth the risk.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Sweet!

I signed up for the deal. Now I have to dig my card out dust it off and stick it my billfold. I haven't used that puppy in light years.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:14 am

I have a Reserve Visa and just received an email to register for the promo.

Originally Posted by zachary
I wonder if this is just the normal Citi Visa HH card or whether it also applies to the Reserve Card. My guess is just the normal Citi Visa HH card, which is too bad because of the lower point earnings on the hotel bill (6 points/$ instead of 10 points/$). If I'm right, you have to do the math to figure out which is better, although it's going to be this promo except for really high folios.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Can you register amex and visa, or will one overrule the other?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: SWA, UA, Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by poser
Might be a good supplement for the properties not participating in the Amex offer.

Edit: This is almost always going to be better than the Amex offer.
What's the AMEX offer?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by srfrgirl4
What's the AMEX offer?
Targeted offer

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/offers/100054861.htm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Can you register amex and visa, or will one overrule the other?
You can register for both but only the promo of the card used to settle your bill will prevail
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I have two separate stays coming up. One paid (3 nights) and one not (4 nights award). Will my award stay counts towards this promotion? Usually award stays are not included in promotions but they are always stated in the T&C. It seems like award stays are not excluded this time around:

"A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel..." Nothing else is mentioned to this regard.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by guyinmotion
I have two separate stays coming up. One paid (3 nights) and one not (4 nights award). Will my award stay counts towards this promotion? Usually award stays are not included in promotions but they are always stated in the T&C. It seems like award stays are not excluded this time around:

"A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel..." Nothing else is mentioned to this regard.
I'm guessing as long as you charge something to the room and then pay with Citi, it should trigger the bonus...but that's just "SWAG" on my part.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I'm guessing as long as you charge something to the room and then pay with Citi, it should trigger the bonus...but that's just "SWAG" on my part.
This award stay will be in Asia and I've just remembered that my citi HH card is the basic, no annual fee type. I will have to keep room charges to a minimum to avoid paying a high forex transaction fee that would null the promotion value. Maybe I should upgrade this card for future Hilton stays overseas. But there are too many premium cards in my wallet already.

Last edited by guyinmotion; Nov 30, 2013 at 11:48 pm
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by zachary
I wonder if this is just the normal Citi Visa HH card or whether it also applies to the Reserve Card. My guess is just the normal Citi Visa HH card, which is too bad because of the lower point earnings on the hotel bill (6 points/$ instead of 10 points/$). If I'm right, you have to do the math to figure out which is better, although it's going to be this promo except for really high folios.
The email I got has a picture that seems to imply both cards are included.

Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I received the promo notification via email and post. I have the no-fee card.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Had a stay Monday night using the Reserve Visa and the 2500 bonus points posted at the same time as the base and other bonus points. Much better than the 1000 point app bonus which haven't posted for my stays that were about 10 weeks ago.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:04 am

Thanks for the confirmation that it works with the Reserve Visa as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.