Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Staff Not Aware of Status Requirements?

Old Nov 18, 13, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP

Just finished a few nights stay in Malaysia, had a casual chat at KL Hilton and Doubletree KL with the EL staff, the staff seemed to be surprised that it requires a minimum of 30 stays/ 60 nights to reach Diamond? Wonder how many of the front line staff across properties are aware of this- I guess it could help with upgrades if they are well educated on this !!
Old Nov 18, 13, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Agents at check in routinely see status level, point balance, stay history with the property, and upcoming stays at other HH properties. I really don't see the argument for a detailed understanding of how - base points/nights/stays/fast track promo - one got status is useful.
Old Nov 18, 13, 11:48 am
Original Poster

The more nights away from home (bed), suppose you would want your guests to be more comfortable...
Old Nov 18, 13, 11:56 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
The more nights away from home (bed), suppose you would want your guests to be more comfortable...
I believe they see how many nights you have, you can obtain gold or diamond status through credit cards so it would be better to be focused on that.
Old Nov 18, 13, 1:35 pm

deleted

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 13 at 11:17 am Reason: policy
Old Nov 18, 13, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
Agents at check in routinely see status level, point balance, stay history with the property, and upcoming stays at other HH properties. I really don't see the argument for a detailed understanding of how - base points/nights/stays/fast track promo - one got status is useful.
I want them to be aware of what the benefits of holding a particular status carries, but how I got there shouldn't be relevant.
Old Nov 18, 13, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Just finished a few nights stay in Malaysia, had a casual chat at KL Hilton and Doubletree KL with the EL staff, the staff seemed to be surprised that it requires a minimum of 30 stays/ 60 nights to reach Diamond? Wonder how many of the front line staff across properties are aware of this- I guess it could help with upgrades if they are well educated on this !!
This is a useless thing for hotel staff to be concerned with.
Old Nov 19, 13, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Not about How one has reached the status but what benchmarks this loyalty program sets to reach that status, and what benefits need accorded as mentioned.
That knowledge would help all )
Old Nov 19, 13, 10:56 am

Programs: AA PLT/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard View Post
Would you expect an HHonors desk agent to know how many king-bedded rooms are on the floor of any given property?

The response is the same: Obviously it's good to know as much as possible to assist a guest, but it's just not their focus.
Same as flight attendants about airline FF programs.

Search this Thread