Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
Hilton andriod works.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:56 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi InvestorTiger, let me take a look at this and see what I can uncover. Appreciate you flagging.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond, HH Diamond, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi InvestorTiger, let me take a look at this and see what I can uncover. Appreciate you flagging.
Thanks HHonorsRepresentative for looking into this, I am now able to book my stay in late Aug. using the standard room reward on the Hilton.com website.

Last edited by Backbencher; Jun 24, 2014 at 4:34 pm
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Ok, I was able to get the booking to go on the web site. Any suggestions for best way to hotel from SIN?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Ok, I was able to get the booking to go on the web site. Any suggestions for best way to hotel from SIN?

When are you going?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
When are you going?
Second week of July.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:46 pm

Second week of July.
"Best" - Taxi from Queen St to Kotaraya. Walk to the hotel (just across the street). If you plan to cross on the weekend, avoid entering MY from 11am-4pm. Coming back, avoid going to back Singapore anytime from 6pm-9pm.

Cheapest - MRT to Kranji, change to bus 160/170, clear SG immigration, get back on 160/170, cross the causeway, enter MY. Walk to the hotel from the checkpoint. From Kranji Stn to the hotel, you can be as quick as 40 minutes, to as long as 3 hours, depending on how bad traffic/immigration is.

You may find other places online saying to take bus 950 from Woodlands. This bus isn't nearly as frequent, and you are more likely to get stuck in a massive queue at Woodlands checkpoint.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by SirJman
"Best" - Taxi from Queen St to Kotaraya. Walk to the hotel (just across the street). If you plan to cross on the weekend, avoid entering MY from 11am-4pm. Coming back, avoid going to back Singapore anytime from 6pm-9pm.

Cheapest - MRT to Kranji, change to bus 160/170, clear SG immigration, get back on 160/170, cross the causeway, enter MY. Walk to the hotel from the checkpoint. From Kranji Stn to the hotel, you can be as quick as 40 minutes, to as long as 3 hours, depending on how bad traffic/immigration is.

You may find other places online saying to take bus 950 from Woodlands. This bus isn't nearly as frequent, and you are more likely to get stuck in a massive queue at Woodlands checkpoint.
This is the Best insider tip . unfortunately will come to an end in September. Mindless greed propelling some new development to that piece of land, it will all be in Larkin from then. SUCKS.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman

Thanks a lot for the detailed info and that is pretty much what I have gathered so far except that I couldn't figure out how close the hotel is to the Kotaraya location.

Seems to be a bit of a hassle from SIN airport. Private companies cant transfer directly from the airport?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:23 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=mcgahat;23111325

Seems to be a bit of a hassle from SIN airport. Private companies cant transfer directly from the airport?[/QUOTE]

There is an hourly bus service from the sin and jhb airport(s). Keep walking in the exit direction of the cab stand and you will hit double tree in about 5.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:12 am
jxd

Originally Posted by ashkale
There is an hourly bus service from the sin and jhb airport(s). Keep walking in the exit direction of the cab stand and you will hit double tree in about 5.
Transtar TS1. Changi airport to/from larkin.

http://www.regentstar.travel/crossborder/

$7 FROM singapore changi airport.
7rm TO singapore changi airport.

Able to board/alight from jb custom as well.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by jxd
Transtar TS1. Changi airport to/from larkin.

http://www.regentstar.travel/crossborder/

$7 FROM singapore changi airport.
7rm TO singapore changi airport.

Able to board/alight from jb custom as well.
Looks like about 2 hours 15 minutes form airport to bus terminal. It does however appear that the bus terminal is very close to the hotel. I might have to save my Johor Bahru trip for another time.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Looks like about 2 hours 15 minutes form airport to bus terminal. It does however appear that the bus terminal is very close to the hotel. I might have to save my Johor Bahru trip for another time.
You have to get off the bus (twice!) to immigration. From the second stop, the hotel is only about half a mile, so you could probably dump the bus there and either walk or catch a cab the last bit.

Alternatively you can catch the MRT to Woodlands, and then follow the crowds onto the short bus trip over the border. From the second immigration stop simply walk/cab it.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
You have to get off the bus (twice!) to immigration. From the second stop, the hotel is only about half a mile, so you could probably dump the bus there and either walk or catch a cab the last bit.

Alternatively you can catch the MRT to Woodlands, and then follow the crowds onto the short bus trip over the border. From the second immigration stop simply walk/cab it.
I am considering this service if I do end up staying at the new Doubletree, http://www.sgmytaxi.com/ I am saving a good bit with the 5K per night booking so doesn't bother me to spend the extra on the taxi especially as I will have been traveling for about 30 hours after arriving at SIN.

Edited to add: I got the info below from the hotel just after typing this post so thought I would include it.

"Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru,

A pick up from Changi Airport Singapore to DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru will cost MYR 336.00 for a Hyundai Starex ( a 10 seater MPV ). As for a Benz E class ( 4 seater ) will cost MYR 420.00.For a 6 seater Naza Ria/ Toyota Innova will cost MYR 260.00. Please do provide flight details shall a pick up is required. This would be the fastest option to DoubleTree by Hilton Johor Bahru.Though public transportation is available but a few transit is require. For instants taking a Singapore taxi from Changi airport to Rochor Road where there are buses and taxis available straight to Johor Bahru.Taxi charges from changi airport cost approximately SGD20-25 and taxi to johor bahru cost approximately SGD 50-60. Buses(Causeway Link) to johor bahru cost SGD 2.50. Please do not hesitate to mail me shall you have any further clarification.

Thank you very much for inquiring and hope to hear from you soon."

Last edited by mcgahat; Jun 29, 2014 at 10:44 pm Reason: Add info from hotel
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:14 am
Suspended

Great info- though this might change due to revision in singapore foreign vehicle entry permit pricing announced yesterday!
Looking forward to be at the property next week and report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.