Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Up and running!

I just checked HHonors website...and to my surprise, rooms are available to book from Aug 15 onwards! However, I have tried some codes and it doesn't seem to work...and standard rewards (of 5000 points) is still not available, only points+cash (2000+RM95) is available!

I've just booked one night with p+c on 6th Sept!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by gummibar
I just checked HHonors website...and to my surprise, rooms are available to book from Aug 15 onwards! However, I have tried some codes and it doesn't seem to work...and standard rewards (of 5000 points) is still not available, only points+cash (2000+RM95) is available!

I've just booked one night with p+c on 6th Sept!
Thanks for the alert. Standard room rewards has been load. I managed to get christmas eve from 24-29th December stay for 4000 points/ night.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:46 pm
jxd

Smile doubletree by hilton johor bahru - accepting reservations from 15 August - cat 1

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...TDI/index.html

Seems like the doubletree hilton johor bahru will be opening sometime in Q3 2014! Currently listed as cat 1 property. Looks like great value for 5000 points per night (or 2000 points + rm per night)!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

There is already another http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hor-bahru.html thread
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Anyone interested in booking a one night on the opening weekend (eg. Aug 16)? I'm tempted to...provided if there's some sort of forum informal gathering? lol
Old May 5, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by gummibar
Anyone interested in booking a one night on the opening weekend (eg. Aug 16)? I'm tempted to...provided if there's some sort of forum informal gathering? lol
I will be there towards the end of August (not the opening weekend unforunately). Booked my room for 2000 Points + 110 MYR (post tax). Comparing this to a cancellable rate for 452 MYR (post tax), 1k points essentially reduces the rate by approximately US$53.

Looking forward to this property! Might finally be a cheaper way in Singapore to retain the Hilton Gold status. ^
Old May 5, 2014, 7:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by markcwj
I will be there towards the end of August (not the opening weekend unforunately). Booked my room for 2000 Points + 110 MYR (post tax). Comparing this to a cancellable rate for 452 MYR (post tax), 1k points essentially reduces the rate by approximately US$53.

Looking forward to this property! Might finally be a cheaper way in Singapore to retain the Hilton Gold status. ^
Cool! I will be there on the first weekend of September..I am so looking forward to this property as I think it will be a good place for a mattress run!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
Soft opening from 3rd Jul. Bookable on website ~ 300MYR. Reviews please from those who will visit.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 pm

Not able to book on points though there is availability. Only premium rooms available at 30k. Wondering if I could call hh to get in my booking for xmas to new year period.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA
Booked in

Staying here during soft opening. I'll let you know how it is.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Only premium room rewards available for this property. Any reasons?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Only premium room rewards available for this property. Any reasons?
Standard awards look plenty available here- what date(s) are u looking at? Could be a system glitch..
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale
Standard awards look plenty available here- what date(s) are u looking at? Could be a system glitch..
It is a system glitch ~ very lousy hilton websites. Was looking at Xmas weekend and only premium rooms .. Finally managed to get 5 nights at standard rates.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
The rooms availability page does show standard rewards and c and p available but in the next page(room selection), the option does not show up. How did you manage to book your 5 day stay?

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Jun 21, 2014 at 10:39 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
The rooms availability page does show standard rewards and c and p available but in the next page(room selection), the option does not show up. How did you manage to book your 5 day stay?
I am also curious if they got the web site to work or if calling did the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.