Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Blackout Dates For Citi Hilton 2 Free Weekend Nights Offer: Yes? No?

Old Nov 7, 13, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,

Looking at booking the Waldorf Astoria Grand Wailea property using the two weekend nights I received from the City Hilton credit card offer. I see that the Grand Wailea property is not exempted, and therefore should be a valid hotel. The dates I want to use is Nov. 29-Dec. 1. When I called Hilton, I was told "it wasn’t available for those dates with certificates." Now, I don't know if that means those dates are blocked out, or if the rooms were not available. I need to call them back to clarify. But before I do, I was hoping people here can fill me in on any possible restrictions that I may not be aware of. As we know, reservation agents can often be wrong, so I want to get my fact straight. Any help? Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 13, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I don't see any standard reward rooms available on those dates which is most likely the problem.
Old Nov 7, 13, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise View Post
I don't see any standard reward rooms available on those dates which is most likely the problem.
Thanks for the reply and information. What would be a "standard" reward room for this hotel? I hope that maybe one will open up if there's a cancellation, but what category description should I be looking for? Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 13, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Search by using hilton honors points and look for a standard room reward:
STANDARD ROOM REWARD Standard Room Rewards allow HHonors members to use points to book... Rate Details

70,000HHonors Points
Anything that says premium room rewards won't work.

Search this Thread