Wiki Posts
Search

Reaching Gold - how many nights?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Reaching Gold - how many nights?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm a bit of a beginner with HH, just moved over from IHG.

My Elite tracker shows that I have made 8 stays so far, as far as I'm aware it takes 20 nights to reach Gold.

However, in "my current status", it's showing that I can reach Gold with 3 more stays this year.. that would only be 11?! Is this correct? Should I make a push to get this before year end?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by noubliepas
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm a bit of a beginner with HH, just moved over from IHG.

My Elite tracker shows that I have made 8 stays so far, as far as I'm aware it takes 20 nights to reach Gold.

However, in "my current status", it's showing that I can reach Gold with 3 more stays this year.. that would only be 11?! Is this correct? Should I make a push to get this before year end?

Thanks
It actually takes 20 stays or 40 nights to reach Gold status.

The elite tracker will show different results when clicking on either nights/stays/points. Make sure you're clicking the correct option.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
I've tried clicking on all of the options, but always showing 3 more nights required?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I think there's a similar report in another thread. Try the 'Qualify Early' one. Maybe someone their figured it out.

I'd look for you, but too fiddly on phone with poor data signal
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by noubliepas

Thanks
Try not to start a new thread, do some looking before you post....if you can.

Their is a thread called hilton fast track, look it up it will help.

In a nutshell, you can get Gold in 4 stays, via fasttrack. it can be 4 single nights within 3 months. Not to many people earn their Gold status the hard way. Or do a Diamond challenge.....all details are in the thread.

or pay 49.99 at milepoint.com and get gold without any stays.

welcome to the forum, lots and lots of information here.....just search and you will find!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I would not trust the tracker.. I was using to track status for Diamond and I booked 2 stays because I was 2 short. I checked my account a day before my travel and noticed that I now had 29 stays and would not have to hop that weekend. But it was too late as my Saturday night hotel required a 48hr notice.

It took over a week for my 29th stay to post to the status tracker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.