My Way Benefits and Changes

Old Oct 31, 13, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
My Way Benefits and Changes

Hi All,

Although I often forget I tend to try and remember to change the my benefits depending on whether breakfast is included etc. But just thinking today are there any restrictions on the number of times that you can change your preferences?

Cheers,
Old Oct 31, 13, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller View Post
Hi All,

Although I often forget I tend to try and remember to change the my benefits depending on whether breakfast is included etc. But just thinking today are there any restrictions on the number of times that you can change your preferences?

Cheers,
No. As often as you like.
Old Oct 31, 13, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Great news thanks.
Old Oct 31, 13, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Not only can you change your preferences as often as you'd like but you can change them during the stay as well. There have been times I've stayed in locations with decent breakfast so I've opted for the breakfast coupons. Then, didn't eat breakfast and at checkout asked if I could turn back in my breakfast coupons for points and have been allowed to do so. Also, if I'm on points and I'm at a property that has great breakfast, I'll ask at check in to change it over for me and give me the coupons.

Good Luck!
Old Oct 31, 13, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Since Hilton and Doubletree give both breakfast and points these days, the only brand where one has to choose between them would be Hilton Garden Inn, no? After my 750 points failed to post consistently a couple of times in a row, I've just gone with breakfast to avoid chasing them down later.
Old Oct 31, 13, 10:34 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Since Hilton and Doubletree give both breakfast and points these days, the only brand where one has to choose between them would be Hilton Garden Inn, no? After my 750 points failed to post consistently a couple of times in a row, I've just gone with breakfast to avoid chasing them down later.
Breakfast AND points are only a benefit for Diamonds, op is a gold sohe would have to chose between the points or breakfast.

I usually opt for the breakfast at HGI but the points have posted with no problems on the occasion I had the my way set to points instead. I stayed at the HGI near DTW a couple nights ago and had an early flight and opted for the points instead since my upgrade was confirmed and the flight would have a breakfast service. I was still given breakfast vouchers, apparently the Romulus HGI gives diamonds both breakfast and points I had time enough to eat breakfast before grabbing the shuttle so went for the HGI waffle and some fresh fruit and slept in flight instead of eating
Old Nov 1, 13, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds View Post
Breakfast AND points are only a benefit for Diamonds, op is a gold sohe would have to chose between the points or breakfast.

I usually opt for the breakfast at HGI but the points have posted with no problems on the occasion I had the my way set to points instead. I stayed at the HGI near DTW a couple nights ago and had an early flight and opted for the points instead since my upgrade was confirmed and the flight would have a breakfast service. I was still given breakfast vouchers, apparently the Romulus HGI gives diamonds both breakfast and points I had time enough to eat breakfast before grabbing the shuttle so went for the HGI waffle and some fresh fruit and slept in flight instead of eating
I always have points selected but have always been given free breakfast as well at Hiltons in the UK. If I'm on a personal trip I'll switch to breakfast to be safe but not had an issue so far...
Old Nov 14, 13, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I can't quite figure out the (relatively) new My Way choices for Gold members. It says that you get a room upgrade (possibly to executive floor) and then also your choice of 1000 pts or continental breakfast. I chose breakfast. So what happens if you get upgraded to the executive floor (and it's open) at a Hilton AND you chose continental breakfast? Do you get to eat breakfast downstairs in the restaurant (though possibly only the cold items)? Or do you get nothing extra since you already get continental breakfast in the lounge (in which you should have chosen the points...though it's risky as a Gold, since you might not get the upgrade to the executive floor)?

I'm at the Hilton Toronto and what they told me was neither of the above. They said that I'd get continental breakfast in the lounge, but then would get 1000 points as well.

I am happy with all the benefits, I just find it confusing.
Old Nov 14, 13, 7:46 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
I can't quite figure out the (relatively) new My Way choices for Gold members. It says that you get a room upgrade (possibly to executive floor) and then also your choice of 1000 pts or continental breakfast. I chose breakfast. So what happens if you get upgraded to the executive floor (and it's open) at a Hilton AND you chose continental breakfast? Do you get to eat breakfast downstairs in the restaurant (though possibly only the cold items)? Or do you get nothing extra since you already get continental breakfast in the lounge (in which you should have chosen the points...though it's risky as a Gold, since you might not get the upgrade to the executive floor)?

I'm at the Hilton Toronto and what they told me was neither of the above. They said that I'd get continental breakfast in the lounge, but then would get 1000 points as well.

I am happy with all the benefits, I just find it confusing.
im gold too......I have mine set to "breakfast" but still seem to get 1k of points regardless.

Search this Thread