Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Managed to grab a standard room reward here in August on a Saturday night, what can I expect as a Diamond? An recent updates about upgrade policy? Where to have breakfast? Chances of an early check in? Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Managed to grab a standard room reward here in August on a Saturday night, what can I expect as a Diamond? An recent updates about upgrade policy? Where to have breakfast? Chances of an early check in? Thanks!

You’ll get the standard Dia benefits and nothing more. if the hotel isn’t busy (which seems unlikely in Aug), you may be able to snag an upgrade. Definitely ask at checkin- they’ve never pretty-upgraded me, but have done so upon asking. When busy, I’ve always been denied an upgrade (or even a change of room within the same category). You’ll get lounge access and can take breakfast in the restaurant. I though the latter was quite extensive, and would recommend eating there as the lounge can get very crowded.
tynmar likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:21 pm

As a Diamond, I have consistently been upgraded to at least an Executive Room, often to a Junior Suite and sometimes to an Executive Suite, always from the cheapest available room. Upgrades are usually processed 1 or 2 days before arrival. This allows picking up a nice room with mobille check in, some Exec Rooms being almost as large as a junior suite. Since the view is nothing to write about anyway, my choice goes to rooms overlooking the inner courtyard which I find quieter.

Lounge is OK but quite small and often crowded. Evening spread consists of cold cuts, salads, some cake and a couple of warm items. Soft drinks, beer and wine. It is located next to the breakfast room, which offers a larger spread so I don't bother with the lounge in the morning.

Overall, I quite like this hotel.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by fereke
As a Diamond, I have consistently been upgraded to at least an Executive Room, often to a Junior Suite and sometimes to an Executive Suite, always from the cheapest available room. Upgrades are usually processed 1 or 2 days before arrival. This allows picking up a nice room with mobille check in, some Exec Rooms being almost as large as a junior suite. Since the view is nothing to write about anyway, my choice goes to rooms overlooking the inner courtyard which I find quieter.

Lounge is OK but quite small and often crowded. Evening spread consists of cold cuts, salads, some cake and a couple of warm items. Soft drinks, beer and wine. It is located next to the breakfast room, which offers a larger spread so I don't bother with the lounge in the morning.

Overall, I quite like this hotel.
They must like you much better than they like me I've stayed multiple times as Diamond and only received an upgrade once, after asking for it at check-in. On successive trips I've not only not received an upgrade, but been told at check-in that no other rooms were available, despite multiple room types showing for sale on the app. I like the location and breakfast, but don't feel like they particularly value my business -- on my next trip, I've decided to just book the Ren and not bother with the Hilton, as the Ren tends to treat me really nicely.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Does the Paris Opera have some sort of way of guaranteeing an early check-in without reserving for the entire previous night? Our flight arrives CDG approx 0830. Some hotels I have stayed at in the past allowed you to guarantee early room availability for a fee, perhaps 100E or so. Diamond, not that this would matter much.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by whimsey21

You’ll get the standard Dia benefits and nothing more. if the hotel isn’t busy (which seems unlikely in Aug), you may be able to snag an upgrade. Definitely ask at checkin- they’ve never pretty-upgraded me, but have done so upon asking. When busy, I’ve always been denied an upgrade (or even a change of room within the same category). You’ll get lounge access and can take breakfast in the restaurant. I though the latter was quite extensive, and would recommend eating there as the lounge can get very crowded.
Thanks all for the advice!
After reading some rather negative things (executive lounge small and cramped, breakfast restaurant not cosy, poor upgrades, tiny rooms etc.) and after reading quiet a few negative reviews on TA from Honors elites lately, we decided to cancel our booking as we feel the points are better spent elsewhere. Just booked a room in another (non chain) 4* hotel. Stellar reviews on TA and less than a 3rd of the Hilton cash price. There are some amazing deals to be found in Paris in August!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have a stay here starting tomorrow. Kind of weird how fast a lot of rooms opened up. It was showing sold out and diamond force was like $800EU a night so booked Maison Astor. A few days ago a bunch of rooms types opened up for $600EU a night and last night the rate was down to $470EU for the weekend and but was $220EU or 69K points a night for Sunday night and called the diamond desk and was able to use my two free weekend nights with Am Ex this weekend. $470EU a night is a great redemption.

I don't like how stingy they are with upgrades but figure I am not travelling to Paris to spend time in the hotel room anyway, just using it to sleep and very easy to get to CDG on the Opera bus.

My biggest complaints when I stayed there last time were no spirits in the lounge at happy hour (I guess it's a france law they can only comp wine and beer and not spirits) and the crowded breakfast area (not sure why they don't limit breakfast to just Gold's and diamond's instead of giving it to all guests) since I'd rather eat in the breakfast room than the lounge.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:28 pm

Thanks all for the advice!
After reading some rather negative things (executive lounge small and cramped, breakfast restaurant not cosy, poor upgrades, tiny rooms etc.) and after reading quiet a few negative reviews on TA from Honors elites lately, we decided to cancel our booking as we feel the points are better spent elsewhere. Just booked a room in another (non chain) 4* hotel. Stellar reviews on TA and less than a 3rd of the Hilton cash price. There are some amazing deals to be found in Paris in August!
Do you mind mentioning the non-chain hotel? Comparing this hotel to my other options at the moment.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
We have an upcoming stay here next month. Currently I have a Deluxe room booked. How big(small) is this room category? We dont need a huge room, but something closer to the usual american size would be nice.
How much bigger is the Executive room? I'm hoping with Diamond, I may get upgraded to an Executive room, but may go ahead and book it if the Deluxe rooms are pretty small.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by brentyb
We have an upcoming stay here next month. Currently I have a Deluxe room booked. How big(small) is this room category? We dont need a huge room, but something closer to the usual american size would be nice.
How much bigger is the Executive room? I'm hoping with Diamond, I may get upgraded to an Executive room, but may go ahead and book it if the Deluxe rooms are pretty small.
Just bumping to see if anyone has any feedback. Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by brentyb
We have an upcoming stay here next month. Currently I have a Deluxe room booked. How big(small) is this room category?
Deluxe rooms are tiny. I don't think I would be comfortable in one if staying as a couple. I'd book an Executive room, if you like the rate, to avoid disappointment in case they are fully booked and can't upgrade (which happens a lot).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Enjoyed reading this thread and thought I would add my exp. Booked basic deluxe room Monday to Saturday last week on points (5th night free). Was auto upgraded to exec room during online checkin, never saw the little arrow icon before.

Exec room was ok size wise for Europe about the size of hampton inn on the side of the freeway. Rm 525 has a great view of the Eiffel tower. There was room noise from the plumbing so I asked to switch and was put into a Jr suite which isn't really a suite as it has no wall or separate sitting area but it 150 sqft larger. Point being we didn't get an upgrade to best avail just one class to exec.

Gyms nice and beside coffee and soda I can't comment on the lounge. Was odd to see no free water. Concierge is amazing.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Stayed here Mon-Fri a couple weeks ago. As others have said, the base rooms are comically small, especially if there happens to be two of you. The so-called "Deluxe Room" is a queen bed and approximately 20 sq ft. of leftover space for spreading out. The lounge was workable and, at least when we were there, quiet during the day. Breakfast was eggs and bacon and an assortment of other cold items. The lobby restaurant/bar is nice, but very expensive (the same local beer that's free in the lounge was EUR12ish in the bar). The concierge made efficient reservations for sightseeing destinations as well as a great restaurant (Pompei - about a seven minute walk away). The oddly-located front desk situation made for a cramped check-in. The front desk was very adamant about no upgrade availability, despite there availability showing on the app (a big issue with most of us), but I booked what I booked. The only item that irked me was one of the bellmen was particularly grabby with our luggage upon arrival and departure. My wife and I like to keep control of our luggage. This guy gave us no options - he was taking our bags. He really seemed to want the tip - he soon found out that I hadn't been to the ATM yet and had no cash. Upon checkout, I stopped at the front desk and my wife walked do the entrance steps to thank the concierge, and again, the same bellman grabbed her luggage and stated that he would call a taxi for us. She firmly stated that we were taking the RER to Gare de Nord and we didn't need a taxi. All in all, not a bad stay, but not sure we would stay here again with the same selections (room category and being more stern about an upgrade, and even more stern with the bellman).
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by tcollins33
Stayed here Mon-Fri a couple weeks ago. As others have said, the base rooms are comically small, especially if there happens to be two of you. The so-called "Deluxe Room" is a queen bed and approximately 20 sq ft. of leftover space for spreading out. The lounge was workable and, at least when we were there, quiet during the day. Breakfast was eggs and bacon and an assortment of other cold items. The lobby restaurant/bar is nice, but very expensive (the same local beer that's free in the lounge was EUR12ish in the bar). The concierge made efficient reservations for sightseeing destinations as well as a great restaurant (Pompei - about a seven minute walk away). The oddly-located front desk situation made for a cramped check-in. The front desk was very adamant about no upgrade availability, despite there availability showing on the app (a big issue with most of us), but I booked what I booked. The only item that irked me was one of the bellmen was particularly grabby with our luggage upon arrival and departure. My wife and I like to keep control of our luggage. This guy gave us no options - he was taking our bags. He really seemed to want the tip - he soon found out that I hadn't been to the ATM yet and had no cash. Upon checkout, I stopped at the front desk and my wife walked do the entrance steps to thank the concierge, and again, the same bellman grabbed her luggage and stated that he would call a taxi for us. She firmly stated that we were taking the RER to Gare de Nord and we didn't need a taxi. All in all, not a bad stay, but not sure we would stay here again with the same selections (room category and being more stern about an upgrade, and even more stern with the bellman).

Just wondering about how you were told no upgrade available despite availability showing on the app, are you a Diamond?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am staying there in April. I am trying to figure out how to get to the hotel from CDG without paying an arm and a leg. I'll have a rolling suitcase, a rolling camera bag (I'm going to a photo workshop at Giverny) and a daypack. The suitcase is really easy to maneuver, the camera bag less so (I don't think I can attach it to the suitcase and it would be too heavy anyway.) I was going to take the Roissy bus in but it looks like it's about a half mile hike from where the bus stops to the hotel. Or I could take the train and transfer at Gard du Nord to the RER (which I understand is easier than the Metro). Or I could take a taxi from either Gard du Nord or where the Roissybus stops.

Any advice? (The sticker shock from this trip is killing me.) (I am staying on points.) (I'm a superannuated female.)

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.