Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by slm9555
If I book this hotel via Chase UR portal on Chase points, do you think the hotel will allow me to receive the benefits of my Hilton Gold Status? I mainly just care about the free breakfast.
Yes. For the purposes of elite recognition, I believe Chase UR airline and hotel bookings are treated the same as cash.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I stayed here two weeks ago for a weekend. It was my third stay in as many years, and I really liked it.

I booked an Executive room because I really wanted some space, and their standard rooms are really small (and you never know if you'll get an upgrade).

The day before check-in my reservation changed to a Suite, and on the day of arrival I noticed that it changed to an Executive Suite.^

I took the last flight of the day from Kiev so arrived rather late. Had a very friendly check-in agent who informed me about the upgrade, breakfast and the use of the Executive Lounge. As I was very tired all I had the strength to do was have a drink (or three) in Le Grand Salone.

(picture was taken the next day)

I loved the room. The Executive Suite was basically a standard room, a toilet and a separate bathroom (shower only) in-between and a living room. It was clean, well-appointed and just very nice.

(bedroom)

(shower)

(living room)

I had breakfast in the breakfast room. The selection was very nice (and so was the service). All the cold cuts you can think of (smoked salmon, all sorts of meats and cheeses), and the typical hot food. They even had herring, which we love here in Ukraine, but I was not sure that it is something people eat in Western Europe. I believe there was an option to order something off a limited menu for a fee (not sure if it is waived for Honors elites).

I had lunch at Le Pain Quotidien, which is on property, and enjoyed it a lot. The service was rather slow (especially when that glass of Prosecco could not have arrived quicker), but the food was great. Very fresh and tasty.

(Soup of the day and Quiche Lorraine)

(Soup of the day and Toasted Chicken & Organic Compte - this one was my favourite)

I also had dinner at Le Grand Salone one night, and was not disappointed.

(Black Angues Beef & Butter Chorizo Sauce)

(Baba au Rhum - I could not say 'no' to this fantastic desert)

I stopped by the Executive Lounge both in the morning and in the evening, and was underwhelmed. The breakfast selection was rather limited, and the evening selection did not look that appealing (although, I must admit, I was not going to eat there anyway). There were two wines on offer (no champagne or sparkling wine), and some hard spirits.

A really great stay, and a really great hotel. Cannot fault anything.

Last edited by Andriyko; Oct 27, 2017 at 6:06 am Reason: Could not quite figure out how to post pictures :-)
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can’t fault anything but your two visits to the lounge were underwhelming and you didn’t find the F&B to be good at all? That’s quite a criticism even if you didn’t intend to eat there.

Do you recommend not to book Exec here for the lounge?

Given the rates, the fact you booked an Exec Room, if I was staying I would at least expect appetising food even if I didn’t want to partake.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
You can’t fault anything but your two visits to the lounge were underwhelming and you didn’t find the F&B to be good at all? That’s quite a criticism even if you didn’t intend to eat there.
I probably should have made it clear that I don't normally go to lounges as I like food and I know that I won't find good food there. As you can see from my review, I only ate at the restaurants on property, and I only stopped by the lounge to check it out. And, I did not find F&B not good at all. I did not want to eat there because I knew that I'd have dinner in the restaurant.
Underwhelming compared to the breakfast room or the restaurant? Yes. But disappointing? No. The breakfast spread was limited compared to the breakfast room. Given that I had a choice between the breakfast room and the lounge, I chose the former for the greater selection. The lounge only had scrambled eggs, ham, cheese, smoked salmon, pastries, yogurts, cereal, while the breakfast room had a much bigger selection. The lounge did not even have beans, which I love.
The evening selection was a typical offer - quite good actually. But, once again, it was the typical fare of some salads, greasy hot dishes, and OK wine/spirits. I would not book an Executive room for the lounge. I would only book it for a bigger room, which is what I did (as I have lounge access anyway). If I had not been Diamond and booked an Executive room I would have totally been happy with breakfast in the lounge. But I would never count on the lounge for dinner. So, it depends, I guess, what one is looking for. I saw people making dinner out of what was available but I wanted to go down to Le Grand Salone and have a nice steak. For someone looking to not spend a lot of money the lounge would be totally fine, but for someone who want to have a nice evening meal no lounge is good enough. Compared to lounges at Hilton Vienna (Stadtpark) or Hilton Berlin or Hilton Amsterdam, this one is on the same level.
For my needs I could not fault anything. I like it when a hotel has a lounge but I almost never partake because I know that it'll never be anything like a restaurant food. I just have a quick drink there. But I don't think that anyone who is looking to eat in a lounge there and knows that it will be lounge food would be disappointed.

Unfortunately, I can't answer that question as we all look for different things in a hotel. I just posted my review, and then tried to explain what I am looking for in a hotel so that people can make their own minds. Given that I have never eaten dinner (or even breakfast) in the lounge I would not know what a point of reference would be. I only stopped by there for the purposes of the review. I saw that the selection was more limited than that in the restaurant, which is why I said that it was underwhelming but it may be excellent or OK compared to other lounges. As I said - I would not book an Exec room solely for the lounge. At any hotel. But at many hotels Exec rooms are standard rooms on a higher floor with lounge access, here Exec rooms are actually bigger and nicer.

I hope I answered your questions as clearly as I could. But please ask any other questions you have. I would be happy to answer them

Last edited by Andriyko; Oct 27, 2017 at 2:42 am
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:01 am

Given the rates, the fact you booked an Exec Room, if I was staying I would at least expect appetising food even if I didn’t want to partake.
This really depends on how much extra you have to pay for the exec room, and what you hope to get out of it. I've stayed here three times now, and as someone who does like/use lounges, I probably wouldn't pay much extra for this one. The offerings are extremely variable from day to day-- there were times that I stopped in and they had some nice offerings (apple tarts one afternoon, never to be seen again...), and other times when they had nothing except jars of candy and a coffee machine. If you're looking for a drink in the evening and don't care much about the quality, they do have red/white/sparkling wine in the evenings, but it is nothing special, and I didn't find the food quality to be compelling enough to want to hang around (the cheese selection was particularly disappointing). Like Andriyko, I looked in at breakfast and their offerings were paltry compared to the restaurant next door. Given that you can get very high quality wine and snacks easily enough in Paris, if I didn't have lounge access, I definitely wouldn't pay extra to get it-- I'd just walk out the door and use the money I saved to feed myself elsewhere...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:49 am

I'm looking and not able to find any standard room availability in June, July, August 2018. Does anyone know what's going on?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I have trip planned for 5 nights in July, trying to figure out where to stay. I have the La Defense on hold for 150k, my wife likes the Astor for 300k (will it have a Lounge when it reopens), finally does anyone have any idea what the Niepce will charge? We checked the Opera; it is showing 700k so I guess that’s out.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Gold
I stayed here the week after the OP. If you're a Gold or Diamond and have breakfast as your benefit, you get access to the lounge and the breakfast room regardless of your room type. The lounge and breakfast room are literally right next to each other and while the lounge is quieter, the selection in the breakfast room is significant but can be a bit chaotic depending on time of day. As we were traveling with family, we felt the breakfast was a very good benefit and the food to be very high quality for a hotel. We found the lounge in the evening on the weekends to be a place to read quietly as they only had peanuts, waffles, and soda but they may have more offerings during the week.

We were upgraded to a king suite with executive privileges so I can't confirm if the price differential was worth the cost. I will say we had a connecting deluxe room for our children and the bathrooms were the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines , Hilton Honors Gold
Hi dear friends, Can anyone tell me why the rate changes when I book a room for me and my wife and then try it for 3(me,my wife and my 4 year old son) Normally it is stated that 3rd person is free but is there an other rule for Hiltons in Paris?
or if I just book a room for 2 and arrive at the hotel with my 4 year old son, will they charge me extra for him? (we do not need extra bed for him)
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by hsynxshn
Hi dear friends, Can anyone tell me why the rate changes when I book a room for me and my wife and then try it for 3(me,my wife and my 4 year old son) Normally it is stated that 3rd person is free but is there an other rule for Hiltons in Paris?
or if I just book a room for 2 and arrive at the hotel with my 4 year old son, will they charge me extra for him? (we do not need extra bed for him)
put a booking for 2 and arrive straight at desk. You might have to pay city tax for your kid, but it shouldn't be more than a couple of euros per night AFAIK
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
I’m planning a 4 night stay in Paris and I’m deciding to decide whether I should book this hotel as I have Gold status, or the Marriott Opera Ambassador (also gold status) or the Intercontinental Le Grand (no status). Can anyone chime in on which of these hotels is preferable?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
I’m planning a 4 night stay in Paris and I’m deciding to decide whether I should book this hotel as I have Gold status, or the Marriott Opera Ambassador (also gold status) or the Intercontinental Le Grand (no status). Can anyone chime in on which of these hotels is preferable?
I've stayed at both the Hilton (as Diamond) and the Marriott Opera (as Gold) - between the two, it depends a bit on what you're looking for. The Hilton feels newer and in better condition -- the public spaces at the Marriott Opera felt a bit dated, though the room I had was in good condition. My non-upgraded room at the Marriott was quite spacious, and significantly bigger than the deluxe and superior rooms I had at the Hilton (though it paled compared to the junior suite into which the Hilton once upgraded me). I'm sensitive to noise when I try to sleep, and found the Marriott room to suffer from lots of hall noise and noise from the room above. My various Hilton rooms were much quieter, though if you read this thread, you'll see that some parts of the property are subject to noise from the trains. I enjoy a nice breakfast when travelling, and was very disappointed with the Marriott's restaurant breakfast. The selection was tiny compared to other European Marriott properties at which I've stayed, and the pastries were not especially good. The Hilton restaurant breakfast was much nicer, with a very large selection of offerings. I didn't experience the lounge at the Marriott, so can't weigh in there, but my colleague who is a Marriott Platinum has stayed there and wasn't overly impressed. The Hilton is adjacent to a metro stop, which is handy if you'll be taking lots of public transportation; the Marriott isn't far from one, but it is a farther walk. Between the two hotels, I'd personally pick the Hilton, mostly because of the breakfast, unless the rates are very different.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by kmandrew
My wife and I have trip planned for 5 nights in July, trying to figure out where to stay. I have the La Defense on hold for 150k, my wife likes the Astor for 300k (will it have a Lounge when it reopens), finally does anyone have any idea what the Niepce will charge? We checked the Opera; it is showing 700k so I guess that’s out.
As far as I can tell, this property has been playing games with award availability for a long time. On our most recent trip to Paris, we wanted to stay at the Hilton Paris Opera but could not find enough consecutive nights of standard award availability for any of our potential dates. We ended up staying at the WA property in Versailles. It was very nice, and now that WA properties are going to provide breakfast to diamonds, it's even more appealing.

I just checked, and it looks like there isn't a single night of standard award availability in 2018 after April 1st. @HonorsRepresentative, is there a Hilton corporate policy on properties that play games with award availability?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
They must have just opened up some award availability; I just booked July 7-12 for 278k.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
Recently booked a 5 night stay on points at the Maison Astor - but it will not be open in time (mid April). Hilton moved me to the Paris Opera (executive room) for the same amount of points Based on some of the comments here - very much looking forward to the stay - especially given I definitely didn’t have enough points to book here originally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.