Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Stayed here 2 more times in June, and was much less pleased. The Hotel was quite full, and this clearly affected the quality of my stay. Both times I had booked the lowest room type for 1 night, and both times the app showed rooms of every category (up to the largest suites) available for sale. I also called/emailed in advance to request a quiet room away from the elevators. Was told on checkin each time that no upgrade was possible as the Hotel was full. Upon showing them the available rooms on the app, was told both times that it must be a bug. The first room was tiny, even by Parisian standards, but did meet my requests. The second room was directly across from the elevators and facing a noisy street. I asked for a different room and was told there was no way to live me (again, despite rooms showing on the app). Although the property was busy, i do find it hard to believe that there were no rooms that weren't next to the elevator in the entire property... For those who don't like noise, the street facingbrooms aren't a good choice, as the bathroom window lets in quite a bit of sound. Exec lounge was a zoo, with people holding the door open while chatting as large groups wandered in and out. The staff couldn't keep up, so tables weren't cleared and the food plates were empty. Overall experience as a Diamond wasn't great- my colleagues were at one of the Marriott properties, where the staff were so nice to me when I went to check it out that I wished I had stayed there instead. During a quiet time in Paris I might give the Hilton another shot, but during busy times I'll likely stay elsewhere...
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:00 pm

Standard Award Availability 2018

Does this hotel still offer any standard award availability during the peak season? We are going to be in Paris July 5-10, 2018 and I cannot see any standard availability post April 1st, 2018. Do they release them later than other hotels or not at all?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Looking at this hotel for a stay in February 2018. The cheapest award is 58k and its for a superior room (one bed from what i can see) I am a diamond. I need two beds.

If I take a chance and book this and put in comments i need two beds, what are the odds here?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes
Looking at this hotel for a stay in February 2018. The cheapest award is 58k and its for a superior room (one bed from what i can see) I am a diamond. I need two beds.

If I take a chance and book this and put in comments i need two beds, what are the odds here?
hey, not sure what bed types you are after here.

they have a twin deluxe room which is two singles

an exec room can fit a rollaway at cost per night (70eur)
best for three persons.

or last option is a family room, which is basically two rooms connected and a queen in each. 3/4 persons

Hope this helps
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by tynmar
hey, not sure what bed types you are after here.

they have a twin deluxe room which is two singles

an exec room can fit a rollaway at cost per night (70eur)
best for three persons.

or last option is a family room, which is basically two rooms connected and a queen in each. 3/4 persons

Hope this helps
Yeah I saw their room type I am just wondering if booking a superior room which seesm to be just one bed will yield me a twin room with diamond status and a request. The twin room they have on rewards is 97k vs the superior room at 58k.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Ouch that's quite a points jump to split beds.

not sure what else I can suggest other than contact the hotel and ask if you can change the room type after booking (checking points are refundable of course)

its a great hotel and hope you manage to work it out. The GM is very welcoming and approachable here.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:53 pm

Given that there is very little difference between the superior and deluxe rooms that I've seen, my guess is that they'd accommodate your request if you book the one-bed room, and then contact the property directly with your two bed preference.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I can not reply with what this specific hotel will or might do. However, I have never had an issue at any hotel in changing the bed type on check-in, if there are the required rooms available. Of course, that sentence is what it's all about, and you (or they) will not know that until you are checking in.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by whimsey21
The second room was directly across from the elevators and facing a noisy street... For those who don't like noise, the street facing rooms aren't a good choice, as the bathroom window lets in quite a bit of sound.
Listening to this advice, I took one of the rooms facing the interior to get some quiet. They put me in a 2nd floor "deluxe" room. It's quite small. If Superior rooms are even smaller, it'd be hard to believe.

Worse than the size is the fact that I can hear the trains rumble through every few minutes from the gare next door. I may have to request a room change. Perhaps a courtyard higher up on the 4th floor will do the trick. I really hate moving rooms mid-stay. The noise at this property is really annoying.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Listening to this advice, I took one of the rooms facing the interior to get some quiet. They put me in a 2nd floor "deluxe" room. It's quite small. If Superior rooms are even smaller, it'd be hard to believe.

Worse than the size is the fact that I can hear the trains rumble through every few minutes from the gare next door. I may have to request a room change. Perhaps a courtyard higher up on the 4th floor will do the trick. I really hate moving rooms mid-stay. The noise at this property is really annoying.
I hope you were able to find a quieter room. I think on my stays, I was always on one of the top two floors,which probably helps with the train noise. For what it is worth, I noticed it most when I had the room looking onto the street, rather than the one looking out on the courtyard, which makes me think it must have to do with location within the property as well. The deluxe room I had on my last stay was smaller than the superior room I had on a previous stay, making me think that they're using some other factor to determine the room category...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I hope you were able to find a quieter room. I think on my stays, I was always on one of the top two floors,which probably helps with the train noise. For what it is worth, I noticed it most when I had the room looking onto the street, rather than the one looking out on the courtyard, which makes me think it must have to do with location within the property as well. The deluxe room I had on my last stay was smaller than the superior room I had on a previous stay, making me think that they're using some other factor to determine the room category...
I just dealt with the noise. I was actually on the courtyard corner. Anyway, I really hate moving rooms once I'm unpacked. And yes, room was tiny. They told me it was a deluxe but who knows. At least it was modern and new.

Minibar prices here are outrageous. I was charged 30 euro for 3 items (all tartine cookie packs). Insanity. Check out guy agreed that the prices were ridiculous and that he gets complaints all the time.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I just dealt with the noise. I was actually on the courtyard corner. Anyway, I really hate moving rooms once I'm unpacked. And yes, room was tiny. They told me it was a deluxe but who knows. At least it was modern and new.

Minibar prices here are outrageous. I was charged 30 euro for 3 items (all tartine cookie packs). Insanity. Check out guy agreed that the prices were ridiculous and that he gets complaints all the time.
30e for 3 cookie packs? That is crazy, even by minibar standards. For future reference if you stay there again, there are 2 Monoprix branches within a couple of minutes walk, and at least 1 of them stays open until midnight...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:59 am

30e for 3 cookie packs? That is crazy, even by minibar standards. For future reference if you stay there again, there are 2 Monoprix branches within a couple of minutes walk, and at least 1 of them stays open until midnight...
Agreed. I mentioned this via their follow up email survey and the hotel was generous enough to remove the charges from the bill. I didn't ask for them to remove the charges... but did ask them to consider lowering the egregious prices for other guests. A nice offer that I'm happy to accept
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:28 am

It's good to hear that they were responsive.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:27 pm

If I book this hotel via Chase UR portal on Chase points, do you think the hotel will allow me to receive the benefits of my Hilton Gold Status? I mainly just care about the free breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.