Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DannyDarko
First I thought: How will they ever be able to renovate all the dingy rooms in only two months? (Have a look at the TripAdvisor photos.) Then I saw the new Hilton's website: the pictures of the rooms are the same as on the former Concorde website. So they are not going to renovate? Wow. Maybe the La Défense hotel is still the better choice, then, because the Concorde Opéra rooms are really holes in the wall ...
Though Hilton Worldwide will assume management of the hotel in March, I believe it will continue to operate as "Concorde Opera Paris" for the time being. The transition to the Hilton brand won't happen until the property has been renovated to meet corporate standards sometime in 2015.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
Though Hilton Worldwide will assume management of the hotel in March, I believe it will continue to operate as "Concorde Opera Paris" for the time being. The transition to the Hilton brand won't happen until the property has been renovated to meet corporate standards sometime in 2015.
Why would the Hilton web site have the following statement on it in respect to this property unless it will start operating under the Hilton brand sometime in March?

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in March 2014."
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Not that one can tell definitely yet, but for now it seems like they will not have an Executive Lounge when you look at the Guest Rooms and Suites. No mention of Executive rooms, nor EL access when booking a suite.

I hope this is just an oversight as they prepare both the property and the web site for the launch.
Just found something to alleviate my concerns on this subject and wanted to update folks:

From http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/4063460.html

"Business and leisure facilities at the 266 bedroom Hilton Paris Opéra hotel will include an executive floor and lounge and outstanding meetings and food and beverage facilities. Hilton Worldwide will operate the hotel under a management agreement on behalf of Blackstone."
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Why would the Hilton web site have the following statement on it in respect to this property unless it will start operating under the Hilton brand sometime in March?

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in March 2014."
The boilerplate statement you cite is used for every property regardless of branding.

The name of the property as listed on Hilton's Web site is "Concorde Paris Opera"—no mention of the Hilton brand. Additionally, the Hilton Worldwide press release dated 20 December mentioned that the hotel wouldn't be re-branded until "late 2014," with the renovated property "expected to open to guests in early 2015."

Last edited by MS02113; Jan 17, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
The boilerplate statement you cite is used for every property regardless of branding.

The name of the property as listed on Hilton's Web site is "Concorde Paris Opera"—no mention of the Hilton brand. Additionally, the Hilton Worldwide press release dated 20 December mentioned that the hotel wouldn't be re-branded until "late 2014," with the renovated property "expected to open to guests in early 2015."
OK.. makes sense. I'm hoping that by sometime in March you can at least start to earn and burn HHonors points though. I can't imagine that they would allow a property at this location and of this size sit idle for a year and advertise it in any manner with a reference of this March on the web site.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lmwong1977
Says it scheduled for Mar 2014
Yes, but it's still not bookable for March, nor April.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Will be in Paris for a while in June, rooms are bookable, but all non-refundable rates!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:35 pm

there are some "Easy Cancellation" rates bookable in May
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:19 am

Location for first timer

Hi. Could someone please comment if the Concorde Opera would be a good location for a first time vacationer to Paris? We would be looking to hit most major tourist spots in town. Is it walkable or close (and easy) to use metro? Or would you suggest another location? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by gs88
Hi. Could someone please comment if the Concorde Opera would be a good location for a first time vacationer to Paris? We would be looking to hit most major tourist spots in town. Is it walkable or close (and easy) to use metro? Or would you suggest another location? Thanks in advance.
Yes- you can walk to many things (Louvre in 20 minutes) and the metro is right there.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by pevo
there are some "Easy Cancellation" rates bookable in May
Good to know, will keep an eye out, especially if there will be an EL!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Not clear yet until they actually convert the property to a true Hilton brand (i.e. Hilton Concorde Opera)
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:55 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj

Not clear yet until they actually convert the property to a true Hilton brand (i.e. Hilton Concorde Opera)
Ah. Well, still have over 3 months, La Defense more convenient for work, but if Opera all squared away, will be much more enjoyable!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
It's available for April 12-15. 80k points or 199 euro a night

I was thinking about it but I don't want an unrenovated room with crappy facilities.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:33 am

Now for my time frame in June, only getting "Diamond Guarantee" rate! All over the place...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.