Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I've stayed here many times, and yes, if you book an Executive Floor room it should come with lounge access. I wouldn't go out of my way to spend extra for the lounge access though.
jalves and krazykanuck like this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 9:23 am

Access to the ExLounge is via your room card key. If you have access to the lounge (Diamond level or booking an Executive Room) your card is already preprogrammed for access into the lounge.

As others have stated, it may not be worth it to pay extra for an Executive level room just for lounge access. If you have Hilton Gold status, via an Amex card, you'll get a free breakfast in the dining room. You also get a free breakfast in the ExLounge, but it's not as wide an offering as the dining room. The evening snacks that get put out in the ExLounge are really pretty "meh" and it can get pretty crowded..
krazykanuck and DCJoe1 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I stayed here last weekend and was once again impressed with the stay. I booked a Deluxe Room and was upgraded to a Junior Suite and then further to a Master Suite by the time I got to the hotel. I was by myself and did not really need all this room but it was nice. They also left a bottle of red wine for me in the room. I did not bother with the lounge so can't comment on that, but the food at the bar was of excellent quality (as was the service).
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:53 am

Just booked a reservation for early May in the Executive room after reading many posts about the lack of upgrades. It was only about 15 EUR more per night so seemed worth it to lock in the room. Maybe I'll get lucky and be upgraded to a suite.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Seph87
Just booked a reservation for early May in the Executive room after reading many posts about the lack of upgrades. It was only about 15 EUR more per night so seemed worth it to lock in the room. Maybe I'll get lucky and be upgraded to a suite.
I didn't think the exec rooms were much better than the regular rooms other than you get lounge access which you'[ll get anyway as a diamond.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I didn't think the exec rooms were much better than the regular rooms other than you get lounge access which you'[ll get anyway as a diamond.
Hmm, the photos made the executive look a fair amount bigger than deluxe but it could just be deceptive angles. Oh well, it's too late now since I booked a non-refundable rate. It's only 15 EUR for a few nights so no big deal.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Seph87
Hmm, the photos made the executive look a fair amount bigger than deluxe but it could just be deceptive angles. Oh well, it's too late now since I booked a non-refundable rate. It's only 15 EUR for a few nights so no big deal.
And increases your chances for a higher upgrade..
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Executive rooms are bigger, especially, the corner ones. As teemuflyer has suggested, booking one also increases the chance for a suite upgrade.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Executive rooms are bigger, especially, the corner ones. As teemuflyer has suggested, booking one also increases the chance for a suite upgrade.
I was upgraded to an exec room there once and didn't notice much difference but wasn't a corner room. Something odd I noticed at this hotel, and can't remember if it was the exec or non exec room was when I checked in it was 2 separate beds but when I returned the beds were combined into a king.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 6:27 am

The executive rooms here are all King beds, correct?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by jbandy10
The executive rooms here are all King beds, correct?
According to the Hilton website (see room description when you make a booking) 1 large bed or 2 twin beds upon availability/request.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio
According to the Hilton website (see room description when you make a booking) 1 large bed or 2 twin beds upon availability/request.
Yes, this is exactly why I asked. Wondering what a "large bed" qualifies as.
Edit - When I visit the hotel website (not the HHonors one), it lists the Executive room as having a King Bed. I guess that clears that up.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Yes, this is exactly why I asked. Wondering what a "large bed" qualifies as.
Edit - When I visit the hotel website (not the HHonors one), it lists the Executive room as having a King Bed. I guess that clears that up.

please post again how you enjoyed the trip if allowed

thinking of going XMas For 10 days after 6 or trips to PHPV and so need a little help pushing the Book Now button
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
please post again how you enjoyed the trip if allowed

thinking of going XMas For 10 days after 6 or trips to PHPV and so need a little help pushing the Book Now button
I certainly will, if I end up staying here. As of now, the plan is 5 nights at the Prince De Galles on a SNA, then 3 nights @ the Hilton Opera in an Executive King. Am Diamond, so I have my fingers crossed for a suite upgrade.

The reviews of this property are so wishy washy, even before Covid. This thread notwithstanding, the feedback on Tripadvisor ranges from "Finest hotel in the HH portfolio" to "Huge Disappointment!" The negative reviews seem to fall into 3 categories:

1. Shock at the small room (it's Paris, you fools).
2. Service complaints, mostly due to the cold nature of the staff. Honestly, when you read these reviews, the complaints mostly seem unwarranted.
3. American Diamonds who are expecting Waldorf quality. This seems pervasively common. A lot of reviews follow this general pattern, and I think this property might have a slight branding problem, promoting itself as the "premier" Hilton in Paris. I firmly believe that if a Conrad existed in this city, people would lower their expectations for this property, because it isn't a Conrad, and it isn't generally priced as such, either. People stay here expecting a bit more than what this hotel is offering.

The complaints about the lounge do seem warranted, however. Overall, the mixed reviews don't scare me much. The really bad 1 star reviews are usually written with horrible grammar and sound rambly.
EqualOpp and llfoster like this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I certainly will, if I end up staying here. As of now, the plan is 5 nights at the Prince De Galles on a SNA, then 3 nights @ the Hilton Opera in an Executive King. Am Diamond, so I have my fingers crossed for a suite upgrade.

The reviews of this property are so wishy washy, even before Covid. This thread notwithstanding, the feedback on Tripadvisor ranges from "Finest hotel in the HH portfolio" to "Huge Disappointment!" The negative reviews seem to fall into 3 categories:

1. Shock at the small room (it's Paris, you fools).
2. Service complaints, mostly due to the cold nature of the staff. Honestly, when you read these reviews, the complaints mostly seem unwarranted.
3. American Diamonds who are expecting Waldorf quality. This seems pervasively common. A lot of reviews follow this general pattern, and I think this property might have a slight branding problem, promoting itself as the "premier" Hilton in Paris. I firmly believe that if a Conrad existed in this city, people would lower their expectations for this property, because it isn't a Conrad, and it isn't generally priced as such, either. People stay here expecting a bit more than what this hotel is offering.

The complaints about the lounge do seem warranted, however. Overall, the mixed reviews don't scare me much. The really bad 1 star reviews are usually written with horrible grammar and sound rambly.
So I have stayed at this property multiple time as a Diamond, and do think that the first two points above can be warranted. I've had a variety of rooms at the property, ranging from a very spacious exec suite to the smallest room I've ever encountered in Paris. It was tiny enough that once I put my suitcase on the floor, I couldn't get around the bed to the bathroom. I've stayed in dozens of properties in Paris over the years (including several each of the Hyatts, Marriotts, and Radissons) and that room was smaller than anything I've encountered elsewhere. I think it was the second tier of room type, so in the future I'm always going to make sure to book higher. I can definitely appreciate that someone might be shocked at the room size if they received one of those rooms, even if they are used to European city hotels.
I've also encountered the cold service-- in my experience, the desk staff was consistently the least welcoming/accommodating of any property at which I've stayed in Europe (and I've stayed in quite a few). This didn't extend to the breakfast/lounge staff, who were very helpful; it was only the reception staff. Although I am an American Diamond, I have a lot of experience with Hilton properties around the world and with European hotels across the continent, so I don't think I had especially high expectations, even though they weren't met on that front.
Having said that, I do generally choose to stay at the property when in Paris, because most of the rooms that I've received were good, and I like the location and breakfast. It doesn't hurt that I've managed to earn a lot of HHonors points from my stays since the room rates are usually high. The lounge is not great by the standards of other European Hiltons, but it is perfectly adequate for a glass of (cheap) wine and some cheese in the evening, and the occasional pastry in the afternoon (selection seems to be quite random from day to day), and I generally think that having access to a lounge is better than not having access to a lounge.
I will caution you that I have found them stingy with upgrades- I've received one before, but am generally told there are no upgrades available, even when the app shows multiple classes of higher-level rooms than the one I've booked for sale during my stay. This has been true even with one-night stays, so it isn't just that they were hoping to sell some of the nights later. I'm not sure what the magic is to getting an upgrade; some flyertalkers seem to have had much more success than I have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.