Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...et=-4&filter=2
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Ours was an upgrade from deluxe to executive and it was indeed quite large for not being a suite. Larger than most rooms even in the US. Bathroom was gorgeous. Heated marble floors. It was a corner room so I dunno if that makes a difference.
Thanks! I ended up calling the hotel and they confirmed that executive rooms are larger than Deluxe rooms (and also mentioned that corner executive rooms are even larger still)..
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:40 pm

Dear Andriyko,

So glad to hear you are visiting us back!

Deluxe room is between 20-25 sqm and Executive room between 25-30 sqm. Our Executive rooms also offer a Nespresso coffee machine in the room as LCD Flat Panel TV, bathrobe & slippers are also included for a total comfort.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Sofia,
Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by SofiaNYC1
Dear Andriyko,

So glad to hear you are visiting us back!

Deluxe room is between 20-25 sqm and Executive room between 25-30 sqm. Our Executive rooms also offer a Nespresso coffee machine in the room as LCD Flat Panel TV, bathrobe & slippers are also included for a total comfort.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Sofia,
Thank you very much Sofia! I can't wait to come back. It is a very nice hotel.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
My reservation email now only mentions: As an HHonors member you'll enjoy:
Complimentary INTERNET ACCESS. It no longer mentions estandby upgrades (it previously said Executive Free) or breakfast. The button for the eStandby is gone.

I go into the reservation and it says:

Complimentary Buffet Breakfast for all guests - one more reason to choose Hilton Paris Opera!

^ for regular members but for HHonors Elites?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by airb330
My reservation email now only mentions: As an HHonors member you'll enjoy:
Complimentary INTERNET ACCESS. It no longer mentions estandby upgrades (it previously said Executive Free) or breakfast. The button for the eStandby is gone.

I go into the reservation and it says:

Complimentary Buffet Breakfast for all guests - one more reason to choose Hilton Paris Opera!

^ for regular members but for HHonors Elites?
What are you upset about exactly? You will receive free breakfast as every other guest at the hotel will. eStandby upgrade links may appear or disappear - they are never guaranteed anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Andriyko
What are you upset about exactly? You will receive free breakfast as every other guest at the hotel will. eStandby upgrade links may appear or disappear - they are never guaranteed anyway.
I can understand why Gold's would be upset at the policy. The breakfast room will be a madhouse if every guest has access.

The lounges at Hilton's that give all gold's access are usually a zoo. I can't imagine what it would be like if every guest in the hotel had access.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I can understand why Gold's would be upset at the policy. The breakfast room will be a madhouse if every guest has access.

The lounges at Hilton's that give all gold's access are usually a zoo. I can't imagine what it would be like if every guest in the hotel had access.
This doesn't mean everyone has access to the executive lounge right? Or lounge = breakfast room? I'm planning on staying at this hotel next year and haven't looked into it much, but free breakfast for all sounds like a nice perk if they can handle the crowd.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Mintycat
This doesn't mean everyone has access to the executive lounge right? Or lounge = breakfast room? I'm planning on staying at this hotel next year and haven't looked into it much, but free breakfast for all sounds like a nice perk if they can handle the crowd.
When I stayed there last year they were strict with the lounge access only being for diamonds and exec floor level guests and the dragon had a list of rooms that had access.

Seeing the breakfast room breakfast was a lot better than the lounge, I chose to eat in there instead of the lounge. IIRC the place was pretty full most mornings. If they are going to give all guests in the hotel a free buffet I can see there being a wait for a table.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:30 am

When I stayed there last year they were strict with the lounge access only being for diamonds and exec floor level guests and the dragon had a list of rooms that had access.

Seeing the breakfast room breakfast was a lot better than the lounge, I chose to eat in there instead of the lounge. IIRC the place was pretty full most mornings. If they are going to give all guests in the hotel a free buffet I can see there being a wait for a table.
Ah gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I didn't know the breakfast room and lounge breakfast have different foods.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:55 am

Nothing stops every guest at the hotel selecting a breakfast inclusive rate or paying for breakfast on the day. You can't keep guests from having breakfast at the hotel's restaurant to please Gold members...
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Nothing stops every guest at the hotel selecting a breakfast inclusive rate or paying for breakfast on the day.
Frequently, the cost of such is what stops people. And in Paris, many would prefer to eat somewhere other than their hotel. Which is why hotels don't usually have the capacity to seat every guest at once.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLisa
Frequently, the cost of such is what stops people. And in Paris, many would prefer to eat somewhere other than their hotel. Which is why hotels don't usually have the capacity to seat every guest at once.
+1. Only reason I usually breakfast at a hotel is it's free. Unless I'm at an airport property with nothing in walking distance, I'll eat someplace else if it's on my dime, better food for less. Especially in a place like Paris, I'd rather have a fresh crossiant (so) and coffee from someplace than the hotel breakfast
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by PHLisa
That is beyond the point. The idea of denying someone a service or a perk just so that you can have it or feel superior is selfish and obnoxious at the very least... If the hotel decided to extend free breakfast to every guest they probably know whether or not they can accommodate them. Given that breakfast is served for about three hours and guests wake up and go to breakfast at different times (some don't if they have to leave early or they order room service) I am sure that nobody is going to 'steal' a Gold member's table and breakfast, and everyone can enjoy it...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

First, I think that a breakfast room is not the same as the Lounge as the breakfast room is open to everyone with the difference being that Diamonds (and in some case Golds) are comped the breakfast.

In Europe, and especially Paris, the cost of a breakfast at a hotel is often high, and in some case absurdly expensive, ranging anywhere from 20 euros to as much as 45 euros (for a buffet) per person. So the free breakfast is indeed a nice benefit of being a HHONORS Elite.

Second, let us not confuse access to the breakfast room with access to the Lounge. Here, a line has to be drawn (as per the T&C of HHONORS) and Lounge access should only be granted to Diamond or to any guest staying at a hotel floor which offers access to the Lounge. As such, Golds do have have Lounge access as part of their benefits and if a particular property choose to not comp Golds for breakfast in their breakfast ROOM, then so it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.