Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Arrow Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah {ARE}

Hi all! Considering to spend some days in this new hotel.
Anyone knows if you get complementary breakfast as Diamond member choosing a rate with no breakfast included or with points?
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless the hotel is oferring above the brand standard, the answer will be no. No free breakfast at W-A.

Otherwise you should email/ring them to find out.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

I did as suggested. Got the answer: No Breakfast.
Just as info: breakfast @ 150 AED per person.
Any other report? Thanks in advance
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
Received free breakfast as Gold on a miles & points stay last month.
Also free Internet.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:28 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, LH SEN, Hertz Presidents Circle
inquired about diamond amenities directly with hotel and got the info that breakfast is NOT included...only wifi and maybe an upgrade...
any recent stays and info on restaurants?are they all up and running since its a fairly new hotel?thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:20 am

hi purdey,can you confirm you got free breakfast?thought about getting the halfboard option for aed 300(+service charge). do you remember the prices in the restaurants? homepage shows menues but no prices at all. thanks
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond
We did get free breakfast but no-one was very clued up on gold/diamond benefits and we had a problem (which was resolved by the front desk) so they may have given the breakfast as a sort of compensation although they didn't mention that. I did ask at the breakfast restaurant for confirmation and they did so. Think I'd assume no free brekkie!

Prices at the Lexington grill are at the AED 250-300 level for steak but the wine is a killer - min price for red was around AED 250 and we had a decent French for AED 330. As is usual in UAE the (alcoholic) drinks cost more than the food!

At the pool bar I think club sandwich/burgers are around AED90 and a draft beer Peroni was 33 I think.

It's a great hotel, golf course right opposite, temperatures now and for the next few months will be good. Not much else to do other than pool/beach and golf though....
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:18 am

thanks for your reply purdey-much appreciated!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:16 am

Anybody been to both theRAK Waldorf and the Waldorf Palm that can offer a comparison, or indeed anyone else with opinions of how the two compare?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:16 pm

Confirm that no breakfast is offered (unless on a rate that includes breakfast). Golds/Diamonds get excellent upgrades though - base room upgrades to Tower Suite.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: UA
Any new information? Planning to go there for a couple days middle of October with my family (wife and 10 year old) to relax. Based on feedback will book the breakfast rate.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by German Expat
Any new information? Planning to go there for a couple days middle of October with my family (wife and 10 year old) to relax. Based on feedback will book the breakfast rate.
Honestly, I don't find the breakfast rates to be worth it. The breakfast buffet (at least on popular weekends) is crowded and full of screaming kids making it quite unpleasant. For around the same price, I find it better value to order a-la-carte room service - especially if I'm upgraded to a spacious suite.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:03 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Any recent HH Diamond experiences here? Thanks.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:11 am

Just stayed using a free night from a credit card. Receive an incredible upgrade to a king royal suite room with free breakfast.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

This thread is remarkably lacking in stay experiences at this hotel. Yet @kryten22uk posted just today in a thread about the nearby Ritz Carlton:

If I were to go back to the region, I'd stay all week in the phenomenal Waldorf-Astoria in RAK

Who can tell me about their stay? What did you like? What did you dislike?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.