Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport {POL}

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport {POL}

Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Firstly the hotel is now 10k points night, but still good value.

I like it overall. Airport walkable, but shuttle on the hour and half hour complimentary. I agree rooms did seem a little smaller for a Hampton, but were very clean and well kept.
Breakfast seemed more varied than usual, did have a waffle machine! Front desk staff I found helpful, were prepared to give a later (2pm) checkout with no fuss.
Food in the hotel reasonable/ good value.
From the hotel you can cross to the main road, walk for 10-15 mins and be at a station, which for 44zl gets a ticket that lets you travel anywhere in Warsaw for 75 mins. this was plenty of time to get to the centre and connect to the metro or a bus etc.
Under 16s are half price on public transport, but you may be asked to prove it with ID. Under 5s free I think.
Along this road there are also a couple of small supermarkets, which were cheap.
My only moan would be we were given a room on the 2nd floor with little view. There are only 5 floors I think, but further up would have given more of a view (although probably not spectacular!).
Good value, would stay again. If the price is good, its quite easy to get to the centre.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has Diamond recognition improved here? Not sure if European Hamptons do drink vouchers for Diamonds or something instead of breakfast, which is free for all.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has Diamond recognition improved here? Not sure if European Hamptons do drink vouchers for Diamonds or something instead of breakfast, which is free for all.
Nothing in this property in my 4/5 stays(over 3/4 years)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No drinks voucher but a welcome letter from management.

Warsaw City Centre gives a drinks voucher and a little setup depending on loyalty to brand.

In what may be a world's first, at least a first for me-"premium" sofa bed rooms here have a Nespresso machine. Yes, a Nespresso in a Hampton. I think thats wonderful. I can only commend the management for this. Two capsules are given, the other two hold the creamer.

If only they made this the standard at Hilton and DT, at least in Exec rooms. You can pickup the machines for only 160zl, which is nothing.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hugolover

No drinks voucher but a welcome letter from management.

Warsaw City Centre gives a drinks voucher and a little setup depending on loyalty to brand.

In what may be a world's first, at least a first for me-"premium" sofa bed rooms here have a Nespresso machine. Yes, a Nespresso in a Hampton. I think thats wonderful. I can only commend the management for this. Two capsules are given, the other two hold the creamer.

If only they made this the standard at Hilton and DT, at least in Exec rooms. You can pickup the machines for only 160zl, which is nothing.
Maybe I will just stick around in one of the airport lounges upon landing using my Priority Pass to grab a drink or three. Does anyone know if the lounge dragons are strict in asking for a boarding pass when entering WAW airport lounges with PP?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe I will just stick around in one of the airport lounges upon landing using my Priority Pass to grab a drink or three. Does anyone know if the lounge dragons are strict in asking for a boarding pass when entering WAW airport lounges with PP?
Ive no clue. However Ryanair domestic flights are as little as 1 EUR. Have a look.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:38 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Not sure if this was "recognition" but I was apparently the "guest of the day" on my stay last week, which won the grand prize of 4 toffee sweets, branded Hampton. They disintegrated upon placement in my mouth.

On the plus side, the bed was comfy and they did have the coffee machine mentioned. The 175 bus brought us directly to the hotel from the old town (well there is a 3 minute walk) and continues to the airport, if you just missed the next free shuttle and don't want to wait.

There was no seal between the shower glass panel and the floor, so the flooding was even worse than you usually get in Slavic countries.

My wife was not impressed by the breakfast, though I realised she rarely joins me when I stay at Hamptons so maybe her expectations were higher than mine. At least I found the bacon to be better than what is offered in UK Hamptons, and as far as I could tell they used real eggs.

Nonetheless, even with the not-so-recent increase in points from 5000 to 10000 this was still the ideal choice for our 16-hour transit of Warsaw.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now 20k!

Dont think the hotel will be happy with this, it was a good way to fill rooms and recently I saw they had loaded rates as low as 3k.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:36 am

Isn't it the hotel that asks Hilton to change category?

And aren't points amounts now based on the flexible rate? It's available for 14k on some dates, works out to about 14zl per 1000 points or 0.38 US cents per point which is broadly the same as other properties when the points needed is lower than the max. So if it was 3k points the flexible rate would have had to be around 10 euros

Gdansk Airport and Krakow Airport Hamptons also 20k now
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It's 15-20K now. With cash rates commonly available for $45-$50 the new rate makes no sense. You also earn points on the cash bookings.

This place was prime mattress run territory for me, but now I'm more likely to book a day rate at the Hilton in Grzybowska.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
It's 15-20K now. With cash rates commonly available for $45-$50 the new rate makes no sense. You also earn points on the cash bookings.

This place was prime mattress run territory for me, but now I'm more likely to book a day rate at the Hilton in Grzybowska.
Yeah. This one makes no sense to me. This hotel always had cash rates much lower than the Hampton near Dworzec Centralna. And ironically now, that hotel is costing fewer points than the WAW property for a reward stay on many dates I've checked.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by more4less
I stayed for 1 night at this property, on points(thanks to FT ^).

Shuttle departs from the airport at +15 and +45 and from the hotel at the hour and +30 minutes. Do not know from which time to which time.
Can anyone reconfirm that these are still the times the shuttle runs

Will be blowing 16K I know on the night I will be there its cheap but Im only overpaying by $20 (in pts imo),and its hard for me to find award stays that are arent a rip-off eg a $79 rate or 40 to 50K in pts (no way) I book elsewhere at another chain when that happens. So with a stash to use up at decent value Im happy to blow the 16K
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just had a two-night stay at this property. My flight was late and I managed to catch what turned out to be the last shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I had difficulty finding where the shuttle went from and had to call the hotel. Here are some photos for the benefit of those arriving for the first time at night.

Hotel shuttle stops are outside Terminal A Arrivals 2. Cross taxi lanes on the pedestrian crossing and the shuttle stop for the Hampton is third or fourth on the left.

According to the schedule posted at the bus stop shuttles from the airport run between 4:15 and 10:45 in the morning and 16:15 and 22:45 in the afternoon/evening.

Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Just had a two-night stay at this property. My flight was late and I managed to catch what turned out to be the last shuttle from the airport to the hotel.
If you missed the last shuttle, or if you just missed one and don't fancy waiting 25 minutes, buses 175, 188 and N32 (providing 30-min service all night) can also bring you to the hotel. It's 4 stops then you will need to cross a big intersection diagonally.

Most buses have ticket machines in the back, it's an honour system and you board by the back doors (not sure if night buses are different). If you don't need a 24-hour ticket then it's PLN 3.40 to the hotel (less than $1/1/1)
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
If you missed the last shuttle, or if you just missed one and don't fancy waiting 25 minutes, buses 175, 188 and N32 (providing 30-min service all night) can also bring you to the hotel. It's 4 stops then you will need to cross a big intersection diagonally.

Most buses have ticket machines in the back, it's an honour system and you board by the back doors (not sure if night buses are different). If you don't need a 24-hour ticket then it's PLN 3.40 to the hotel (less than $1/1/1)
I did use the 175 bus to get into the Old Town and back. The ticket machine on the first bus was not very responsive and I had to try contactless as well as PIN before it spat out a ticket. The second ticket machine was more responsive. I see two transactions of 0.89 each on my credit card statement, so it must have worked ok.
:D! likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.