Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi {VNM}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by khkchan
Stayed at HGI Hanoi on points for 2 nights. 10k points per night.

Uber to old quarter costs 15k and to Lotte Centre for 52k.
The dates Im looking at The Hilton is cheaper $$ wise but 19K more pts wise. It will for a Thurs night and then the next Tues night

I dont Uber and prefer to walk, any idea how far the old quarter is walking wise, and is The hilton that much closer ?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Technically the HGI is in the old quarter but to the heart of the action North of the lake your are looking at 20-25 minutes. Around 8-10 minutes to Hilton.

Recently I have used HGI over Hilton. Newer room, good suite upgrades, arguably better breakfast and in a place like Vietnam I don't really care for a lounge.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Technically the HGI is in the old quarter but to the heart of the action North of the lake your are looking at 20-25 minutes. Around 8-10 minutes to Hilton.

Recently I have used HGI over Hilton. Newer room, good suite upgrades, arguably better breakfast and in a place like Vietnam I don't really care for a lounge.
Well if The Hilton is only apx an 8 min shorter walk, and Im there for 2 single nights , I just booked the HGI. All I need is a place to sleep,shower and stash my stuff so for 10k I cant beat it, thx I too dont need a lounge or care about an upgrade since I will be using the room to sleep and shower and not hang out in
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Stayed one night here on points. Agreed with posters that it is amazing value. Was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. It is On the outskirts of old quarters, but everything is just a cheap uber ride away.

Breakfast is so so. Try the amazing pho at pho thin just 200m away. Toothpaste and toothbrush are on request.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by kt85
Breakfast is so so. Try the amazing pho at pho thin just 200m away. Toothpaste and toothbrush are on request.
Agreed on pho thin, which is literally 50m away... Amazing
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by moa999
Agreed on pho thin, which is literally 50m away... Amazing
hear hear... the banh quay just makes it even better.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:26 am

Diamond Upgraded to a 1 Bed Room Suite - Declined needed 2 beds.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:24 am
Suspended

Anyone have any recent feedback on this property?

We have a night booked at the Hilton nearby but need a room the night before....so debating on using points or just paying cash.

Also, what is the best way to get to the property if arriving late in the evening? How much did a taxi cost?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SgtRyan

We have a night booked at the Hilton nearby but need a room the night before....so debating on using points or just paying cash.

Also, what is the best way to get to the property if arriving late in the evening? How much did a taxi cost?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30617713-post7.html

I used pts but it depends on what the ca$h rate is. When I was there it was 10k per night that equals $50 according to HH so if the rate is < $50 all in Id pay with ca$h, > $50 pts make sense. A recent res I ended CXing was 30k in pts or $99 in cash why waste the pts another was $379 cash or 30k why pay cash
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SgtRyan

Arriving where? To the airport? I arrived late at night in Hanoi and scheduled an airport transport for a four seater card for $16 to take me from airport to HGI that was in the Spring of 2017. Not sure what the fees are now but it worked well for me. https://www.hanoitransferservice.com/ This is who I used.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: BD AB CO
Should I use points or cash? Hanoi in june

Sorry for posting but I can't get my head around the maths on this. I'm planning five nights at the Hilton Garden Inn, Hanoi which would be 40,000 points with the free night. Cash rates are pretty low though at $68 (non refundable) or $75 semi flex.

So basicly it's a choice of using 40,000 points or paying $340 (or $375 semi flex).

Which would be the best value?

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Honors points are roughly worth 0.5 cents. Ergo you can use $200 worth of points or $375.

Pretty straightforward decision unless you need a cash rate for some reason...
andymac66 and barracuda93 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Honors points are roughly worth 0.5 cents. Ergo you can use $200 worth of points or $375.

Pretty straightforward decision unless you need a cash rate for some reason...
Thanks a lot Craig, points it is then. The extra flexibility will be useful as well.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Any recommendation for cheap good massage nearby?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by italdesign
Any recommendation for cheap good massage nearby?
I went to Orchard spa nearby. About $19 for a 75 minute hot stone massage and they take credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.