Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exec lounge changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
With lounges that have stopped serving spirits... would they turn a blind eye perhaps, unofficially of course, to a guest bringing on some spirits and mixing with the soft drinks, ice etc. in the lounge?
Class it UP!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Class it UP!
Not in the lounge, but at the Conrad Singapore after the bar was closed a group of about six of us (who met that evening at the bar, a couple were very regular guests at the hotel) polished off a bottle of rum and a bottle of Baileys!

The barman left us a whole load of mixers and an ice bucket.

Had a great night and no one bothered us at all. To be fair we weren't causing any disruption to anyone...
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Not in the lounge, but at the Conrad Singapore after the bar was closed a group of about six of us (who met that evening at the bar, a couple were very regular guests at the hotel) polished off a bottle of rum and a bottle of Baileys!

The barman left us a whole load of mixers and an ice bucket.

Had a great night and no one bothered us at all. To be fair we weren't causing any disruption to anyone...
Yeah "after hours" is a little different - I was envisioning people spiking cans of coke in the middle evening hors d'oeuvres...sounds like you got the VIP treatment!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
THE WALDORF HILTON - Cocktail hour in lounge is 6 - 8:30, I'm sure it used to be 6 - 9......... Anyone remember?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by wizla
THE WALDORF HILTON - Cocktail hour in lounge is 6 - 8:30, I'm sure it used to be 6 - 9......... Anyone remember?
Last time I was there was July, 2014 but I thought it was 6 to 8. Most lounges I have been at are 6 to 8. I'm just happy the Waldorf still has free spirits
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Last time I was there was July, 2014 but I thought it was 6 to 8. Most lounges I have been at are 6 to 8. I'm just happy the Waldorf still has free spirits
It's deffo 6 -8:30 and yes still has spirits, when I was there last March im fairly sure it was until 9pm........could be wrong?.......maybe after a few prossecos time becomes a bit of a blur.....haha.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by wizla
It's deffo 6 -8:30 and yes still has spirits, when I was there last March im fairly sure it was until 9pm........could be wrong?.......maybe after a few prossecos time becomes a bit of a blur.....haha.
I'm back there New Years eve weekend for three nights. Do they still have the good egg salad finger sandwiches between 3 and 6? Between those and the happy hour I didn't need to eat dinner
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'm back there New Years eve weekend for three nights. Do they still have the good egg salad finger sandwiches between 3 and 6? Between those and the happy hour I didn't need to eat dinner
I'm there again around that time too ( 27-28 dec)....... it was egg and Mayo ( see my review on relevant thread) sandwiches and a great selection too........when we arrived at lounge for the evening @ 17-50 the sandwiches were still out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.