Parking Ticket on Valet Car

Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Elliott
There would be no administrative fee from the car rental company if you pay the fine yourself within the due time, in fact I highly doubt they would even know you got a parking ticket if you paid it on time and if they did why would they charge a fee if you had already paid it.

It’s only when the parking ticket is ignored that the car rental company receives the payment notice and they pay the fine and then they take action against the renter to recover the cost of the fine and add their administrative fee.
this is NOT true; you clearly have not dealt with rental car companies in this regard. they find out about the ticket because the ticketing agency sends a notice to the car owner regardless of whether the ticket has been paid.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
He wasn't charged with Grand Theft Auto? Why not?

Uh ... Because it wasn't grand theft auto. (BTW, it's not capitalized, unless you're talking about the 1977 Ron Howard "vehicle.")

For the last time, unless you don't intend to return the car, it's joyriding (unauthorized use) at most. Since you handed over the keys, it's not even that. A minor civil case maybe.

Last edited by Podcat; Jul 23, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.