Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Do you stop staying at Hilton after Diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), AS MVPG, DL DM, HH Dia(life), Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat
I used to be very very loyal to Hilton - Diamond for 13 years running and snagged some killer upgrades (Cavaleri). Then they devalued my loyalty. I'm fortunate that my stay pattern is such that I am able to maintain status in three programs (considering a fourth) so it works for me to be loyal, but not "too" loyal. I enjoy the benefits when I stay but don't go out of my way to do so. As others have pointed out, there is no "perfect hotel chain" that has a hotel everywhere I want (or need) to go... so I bit the bullet a few years ago an grabbed status in three programs.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Im a hilton fangirl,( I like the hampton inn and the hilton garden inn) but the points deval hurts a bit--as soon as I hit diamond I always go for a second status, this year Im priority club as well. I travel enough that I can get a decent amount of points in both. if I was actively planning a vacation, I would switch my stay to that hotel brand.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by diver858
Why spend the time and $$ to earn status and not take full advantage of it?

We are loyal to Hilton because of the Diamond bennies - free breakfast, internet, chance at upgrades, etc.
Exactly!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: MU/CZ/A3/TK/UA
Smile

Originally Posted by harryhv
Not even striving to retain Diamond, but will try to plan just enough stays to stay Gold. Haven't noticed any appreciable benefit of Diamond over Gold actually.

[And in any case winding down Hhonors, was hut very hard by the most recent devaluation.]
There are many Gold member coming..... I don't think Hhonors will keep same benefit for Gold next year.

Anyway, let's wait and see~~~ I am still thinking about if I need reach to the Diamond.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stevensymsha
There are many Gold member coming..... I don't think Hhonors will keep same benefit for Gold next year.

Anyway, let's wait and see~~~ I am still thinking about if I need reach to the Diamond.
I disagree, all it's costing Hilton is a breakfast and internet access. What they should do is beef up diamond perks.

I've been Diamond for 8 years and currently have 21 stays.....and the sad part is that I don't care if I make Diamond again because they devalued my million + points so much that I could never forgive them.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by stevensymsha

Yes one thing's for sure, you can't trust them to keep the same benefits they were promising you while you were striving to reach that status. And if you can't trust them, why bother?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by holtju2
It makes sense to have status with multiple chains to take advantage of promotions and none of the chains have truly worldwide coverage everywhere.
I agree I have shifted more of my stays to spg because of the higher/ sub platinum categories. But at the end of the day Hilton has properties were I need them. I still will give them 125 - 150 nights this year and SPG will get 50 - 75 so it is not even close.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM+, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum

As a Diamond for last 8 consecutive years, I've finally given up on the program for appreciable upgrades. They've never happened and likely never will. So I've just switched to Marriott and am completing their platinum challenge. I've already enjoyed an incredible upgrade in rooms at a Renaissance and Marriott Marquis. The lounge is great. So I will significantly reduce my Hilton stays and also my teams as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.