Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Great Getaway Sale, Up to 40% off UK and Europe

Old Jun 21, 13, 10:41 am
cjd
Original Poster

The Great Getaway Sale has now been extended to the UK and Europe. See:
http://www.hiltonsummersale.com/getaway/
Up to 40% off UK, Europe. For Europe properties, book between June 21, 2013 and September 2, 2013 and stay between June 28, 2013 and December 30, 2013. Subject to availability. Full non-refundable prepayment required at time of booking. Your credit card will be charged immediately for the total amount quoted for the entire stay as reserved and refunds or credits will not be issued except in Germany where 10% refund applies to cancellations. Charges cannot be applied to other stays, services or merchandise. Booking cannot be changed. Must book at least five (5) days in advance of arrival for Middle East & Africa properties and at least seven (7) days in advance of arrival for Europe properties, except where noted. Discount is 25% off Best Available Rate and Bed & Breakfast Rate for Middle East & Africa properties and up to 40% off Best Available Rate and Bed & Breakfast Rate for Europe properties Blackout dates may apply and vary by property. Additional restrictions apply
Old Jun 21, 13, 11:51 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
The "from rates" are difficult to find making this not that great an offer as usual.
Old Jun 21, 13, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat, BA Silver
Thank you cjd, ^^

Very timely info as I need to book several stays and was about to book Accor as their sale ends today.

That's diamond sorted for another year now then.
Old Jun 21, 13, 2:01 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Can't see any discount for Hilton Diagonal Mar (Barcelona) for late December; rates the same as what I booked pre-sale.
Old Jun 21, 13, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Thanks OP, Just booked 2 nights
Old Jun 21, 13, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Nice ! ... booked some nice rates at Rome Cavalieri. Was on the fence about using points, but this rate made the decision easy.
Old Jun 21, 13, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Yes - I'm looking at Sicily (Naxos & Palermo) in early December and I'm not seeing pricing any different than I saw before they announced the "sale". Is there a code for this?
Old Jun 21, 13, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JMN57 View Post
Yes - I'm looking at Sicily (Naxos & Palermo) in early December and I'm not seeing pricing any different than I saw before they announced the "sale". Is there a code for this?
No code ... for me it just showed up as a rate option - the usual "Easy Cancellation ... ", "Advance Purchase ... ", and there was a "Great Getaway Rate ... "
Old Jun 21, 13, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Buggy site!
See the 40% discounted rates but web site would not allow it to book. Call CSR, he says can't find same rates.
Old Jun 22, 13, 1:48 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Buggy site!
See the 40% discounted rates but web site would not allow it to book. Call CSR, he says can't find same rates.
I had the same problem.
Old Jun 24, 13, 2:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Conrad Istanbul

I was just looking at the Conrad Istanbul, and this rate is coming up until at least June 2014 for all rooms there. Haven't tried to book yet.
Old Jun 24, 13, 4:16 pm
cjd
Original Poster

I've made a couple of UK bookings for September and they're both 40% off the Best Available Rates. Rate details also state that they earn Hhonors points.
Old Jun 24, 13, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

since this seems to be available via travelocity you can book there using additional discount (i used loyal15 for 15% off yesterday) and combine with amex (if you registered) travelocity 50 rebate on 200+ purchase and whatever cashback.
I think i ended up shaving another 30-40% of the discounted rate - who cares about hilton points...

Search this Thread