Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi {ARE} (no longer Honors)

Old Jun 19, 13, 9:25 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: BA Emerald, EY Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire Ambassador, QR & TAP bye bye

A welcome (& much needed) addition for Hilton in Abu Dhabi. It was the short-lived Rocco Forte Hotel & is due to re-open some time this summer. Location (at ADNEC) is not as good as the original (corniche location) of the Abu Dhabi Hilton (which is still there of course) but it is shiny & new. Looking forward to this one.

http://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/17.../#.UcHLpBZT89c
Old Nov 5, 13, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Hilton Abu Dhabi Capital Grand Trip Reports and Reviews

Just completed a 4 day stay here. Upgraded to a suite with a huge ground floor balcony. Staff bends over backwards to help in every way. Nice pool. Very near the Grand Mosque. I had to work down south so was much more convenient driving out of the city than the Hilton Abu Dhabi. Very nice EL with a staff that keeps on top of service. I will stay here again when I return. The only issue I had was my own fault. I returned from a day out and my room had not been made up. Come to find out one of the buttons on the AC control also illuminates a DO NOT DISTURB indicator on the door. They were quick to respond when I called though.
Old May 16, 14, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond / SPG Plat100 / MR Plat
Just had a one night stay here. Automatically upgraded to a Executive room, directly next to the lounge, at the 8th floor. Asked about a suite upgrade, and was told that it was possible but they didn't have any available at that time (1pm). Later on in the afternoon I was shown a couple of suites, and they are very nice.

The room is excellent, with a lot of wardrobe and storage space. Comfortable desk area, and a nice view. The bathroom is very large, with separate bath and shower.

As a Gold, breakfast can be either at the lounge or the restaurant downstairs. I tried the latter, and it was a mistake. The restaurant was very crowded, and had only one waiter. She was extremely busy, and the service wasn't great. I tried a couple of hot items, which were not so hot anymore. I checked the lounge later on, and it was empty and they had the same itens - including a chef to cook eggs to order. Will eat there next time.

The location is between Abu Dhabi downtown and the airport area, which is convenient to me.
Old Dec 28, 14, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Great to hear that you got an upgrade to a suite as a HH Gold. Hoping for a lucky upgrade next October too! Great fares for this hotel right now so I had to jump on it.

Is the Mosque within walking distance? We are only spending 2 nights here (the other 4 days will be spent in Dubai). So hoping to make the most out of it.
Old Dec 29, 14, 5:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by NYCflip View Post
Is the Mosque within walking distance?
Yes.

Enjoy the Hilton Abu Dhabi Capital Grand, a very nice property IMHO.
Old Jun 8, 15, 7:00 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I was upgraded to a suite at this hotel property as well.
Old Jun 10, 15, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
So, would you recommend this hotel over hilton abu dhabi. We are spending two days in Dubai and then a night here with a late flight out. Leisure and first time visitors in February. Interested in culture not shopping or beach
Old Jun 10, 15, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide View Post
So, would you recommend this hotel over hilton abu dhabi. We are spending two days in Dubai and then a night here with a late flight out. Leisure and first time visitors in February. Interested in culture not shopping or beach
This hotel property is less expensive and newer than the Hilton Abu Dhabi; and it is also closer to the airport.

If you are driving a car, I might choose this hotel property for the reasons listed above — but you cannot go wrong with either hotel property, by my experience.

The Hilton Abu Dhabi is at the corniche in Abu Dhabi and is closer to culture — but it is also closer to shopping and has its own beach, which are not within your criteria. This hotel property, however, is literally a five-minute drive from the mosque.
Old Jun 11, 15, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for your advice.. much appreciated
Old Sep 19, 15, 8:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt Ist-iest
I had a 1 night stay here last week on my way to South Africa as I had a 1 night layover in Abu Dhabi. If you're interested you can find a full Trip Report in that forum...

Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi

Room booked: Standard King
Room received: Superior Suite, room 901
Price paid: 325 AED ($89)

I arrived at the Hilton, which to my surprise had an Aston Martin DB9 just sitting in the lobby for no apparent reason. At check in, I was told they had upgraded me to a Superior 1 br suite and hoped I would enjoy it. Breakfast would be in the lounge in the morning.

Not bad at all for one night...

Exec lounge closes at 9 pm, so I just missed checking it out. Spent the couple hours in the evening catching up on emails/the internet and had a couple cups of tea courtesy of the electric kettle in the room.

After a good 5 hrs of sleep (and trying to adjust to the time) I was up around 5am. Went for breakfast in the lounge at 6:30 and it was empty. The lounge attendant made me a cappuccino and said I could order an omelet in addition to the full buffet. Given the really sad looking scrambled eggs I took him up on his offer and the omelet was pretty good. Selection definitely was decent for a lounge breakfast.

Post breakfast - checked out and took a cab back to the airport. Cab fare to the airport was 40 AED. For cab fare from the airport, add 20 AED, because the meter base fare from the airport is 25 AED vs. 3.50 anywhere else.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Sep 20, 15 at 7:58 am
Old Sep 19, 15, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
I had a 1 night stay here last week on my way to South Africa as I had a 1 night layover in Abu Dhabi. If you're interested you can find a full Trip Report in that forum...

Room booked: Standard King
Room received: Superior Suite, room 901
Price paid: 325 AED ($89)

At check in, I was told they had upgraded me to a Superior 1 br suite and hoped I would enjoy it. Breakfast would be in the lounge in the morning.
None of your pictures came through. At least I can't see them. Just have small blue boxes with ? in them.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jan 10, 16 at 1:45 pm Reason: No need to quote all of the content, as one image should do as an example.
Old Sep 19, 15, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Baze View Post
None of your pictures came through. At least I can't see them. Just have small blue boxes with ? in them.
I am having the same issue; although all I see are grey “do not enter” symbols.
Old Sep 20, 15, 7:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt Ist-iest
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
I am having the same issue; although all I see are grey “do not enter” symbols.
Sorry about that - Something went wrong with the original upload to google photos. Should be fixed now.
Old Sep 20, 15, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
Sorry about that - Something went wrong with the original upload to google photos. Should be fixed now.
It is fixed. Thank you.

I rented a car and drove to the hotel. There was always a parking spot out front — perhaps I lucked out.

I remember that car being on display in the lobby. I also have no idea why it was there.

Your suite initially seems similar to the one I had.
Old Jan 10, 16, 11:27 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Does anyone know if this hotel gives free late checkouts until 6pm to elites/Golds in low season?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: