FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   can i give my free weekend night certificate to my friend? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1473239-can-i-give-my-free-weekend-night-certificate-my-friend.html)

flyertea Jun 5, 2013 9:12 am

can i give my free weekend night certificate to my friend?

which comes from the hilton reserve card

fozziedoggie Jun 5, 2013 9:36 am

Originally Posted by flyertea (Post 20870316)
which comes from the hilton reserve card

Yes.

You will need to make the booking on their behalf through the HHonors program phone number and provide them with your friend's information. The certificate is transmitted to the hotel electronically, but always good to confirm with them directly as the date approaches.

flyertea Jun 5, 2013 9:51 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 20870431)
Yes.

You will need to make the booking on their behalf through the HHonors program phone number and provide them with your friend's information. The certificate is transmitted to the hotel electronically, but always good to confirm with them directly as the date approaches.

so I can use my certificate to book a room under another person without my check-in in person?

fozziedoggie Jun 5, 2013 9:55 am

Originally Posted by flyertea (Post 20870516)
so I can use my certificate to book a room under another person without my check-in in person?

Yes, just as you can use HHonors points and book a room for someone else. People do this all of the time. Just have the reservation placed under the name of your friend. They will have to bring and present their own credit card at check-in for use with essentials/room-service/incidentals/potential damage, etc.

lisa2926 Jun 5, 2013 1:15 pm

it is easy, just specify the guest name by telling the agent

obs Jun 5, 2013 2:48 pm

Also the friend would get the same benefits as the honours member who gifted the certificate. In other words if you are Gold or Diamond then the friend would get free breakfast/ lounge access.

geoggirl Jun 7, 2013 7:12 am

I tried to do this and was denied as the certificate is non-transferable. I was able to book for them using points. Let us know if they let you do it!

tkelvin69 Jun 7, 2013 8:06 am

I think there is a fair amount of inaccurate information in this thread:

1. My certificates are non-transferable.
2. Elite benefits do not automatically follow stays given to others. They may at some properties but it is not a guarantee.

fozziedoggie Jun 7, 2013 8:55 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69 (Post 20881805)

1. My certificates are non-transferable.
2. Elite benefits do not automatically follow stays given to others. They may at some properties but it is not a guarantee.

Yes there is....

OP is speaking of the two free nights from the Citibank Visa Reserve card, not a "we're sorry" Be Our Guest corporate apology certificate sent out by HHonrs.

There is nothing listed under the Citibank T&C's that prohibit you from making a reservation in someone else name when redeeming the free night certificate (footnote #1):

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...8111883A1EC91D

Once Citibank transfers the free night(s) certificates over to HHonors, they leave the rules about using the cert up to HHonors.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Proces...uis0vKwpC+WVQ=

From the HHonors T&C website regarding "Reward Stays":

The Reward may be issued to the HHonors member, or to any other person, as directed by the Member. Once issued, the Reward is not transferable and may be used only by the individual named on the Reward. If a person other than the individual named on the Reward documentation attempts to redeem the Reward, the Reward will be deemed void and accommodations and/or transportation will be denied.

I have no knowledge regarding point number 2 of your post, so I'll let someone else confirm/deny that point.

flyertea Dec 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by geoggirl (Post 20881503)
I tried to do this and was denied as the certificate is non-transferable. I was able to book for them using points. Let us know if they let you do it!

so still someone got denied...:(

frudd38 Jan 5, 2014 11:47 pm

any clear answer on this?

Need Jan 6, 2014 9:11 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69 (Post 20881805)

One of the Hilton employee who used to be in this forum had said otherwise. One of his posts had indicated that the computer system will show the benefits of the person where the points were originated, not the guests. And I have experienced the same thing every time I have reserved award rooms for other people. They were all treated as Diamond members. Even the confirmation email will show HHonors Status: Diamond above the person's name.

trekker954 Jan 6, 2014 1:30 pm

You cannot

I have the two Reward Certificates for the Citi Hilton Hhonors Reserve Card for weekend nights.

right under Hotel Reward Terms and Conditions #1: Reward certificate is NOT transferable after issued and may be redeemed ONLY by the individual names thereon. If a person other than the individual names on the Rewards Certificate attempts to redeem it, the certificate will be deemed void and accommodations will be DENIED.

mrstraveler Aug 14, 2015 10:16 am

Originally Posted by trekker954 (Post 22097283)
I have the two Reward Certificates for the Citi Hilton Hhonors Reserve Card for weekend nights.

right under Hotel Reward Terms and Conditions #1: Reward certificate is NOT transferable after issued and may be redeemed ONLY by the individual names thereon. If a person other than the individual names on the Rewards Certificate attempts to redeem it, the certificate will be deemed void and accommodations will be DENIED.

Is this a YMMV scenario or just DEAD don't even make an attempt?

rsqrott Aug 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler (Post 25270825)
Is this a YMMV scenario or just DEAD don't even make an attempt?

I was just on the phone with Hilton the other night trying to use my certificate to book a room and was unable to do so because it's only good for standard rooms on weekend nights. However, the representative told me that I could let somebody else use the certificate.

I suggest calling the # on the certificate and speaking with a representative. Good luck!