Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

can i give my free weekend night certificate to my friend?

can i give my free weekend night certificate to my friend?

Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by rsqrott
I was just on the phone with Hilton the other night trying to use my certificate to book a room and was unable to do so because it's only good for standard rooms on weekend nights. However, the representative told me that I could let somebody else use the certificate.

I suggest calling the # on the certificate and speaking with a representative. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Yes, I ran in to a similar scenario when trying to redeem my certificates at the Grand Wailea, had to wait for a standard room to become available.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Hello, this is an old thread so can I get confirmation from someone as to whether I can still do this - use my weekend night certificates from the reserve card for a family member or friend without me actually being with them? Thanks!
Old May 19, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
Hello, this is an old thread so can I get confirmation from someone as to whether I can still do this - use my weekend night certificates from the reserve card for a family member or friend without me actually being with them? Thanks!
I was able to cash in on a BMG (Be My Guest) voucher that was under my father in law's name. I did the following:

Called as my in law (with his approval) - book a night using the BMG voucher. Add myself as an additional guest. Also asked the rep to note that I (the guest) was going to arrive first and is authorized to check in. Also used my personal card for any incidental charges or pre-authorization.

Come the day of check in, i provided them with the voucher and I was able to check in . No further question was asked.

GOOD LUCK!
Old May 19, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by ponickka
I was able to cash in on a BMG (Be My Guest) voucher that was under my father in law's name. I did the following:

Called as my in law (with his approval) - book a night using the BMG voucher. Add myself as an additional guest.
So, it's okay to call and lie if your relative gives you approval? Tired of people exploiting things and then complain when companies reduce benefits.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
So, it's okay to call and lie if your relative gives you approval? Tired of people exploiting things and then complain when companies reduce benefits.
I'm sorry Saint - please hand down the punishment to me
Old May 4, 2021, 4:37 pm

Is there anyone booking fn for some else and not showing up, causing the fn been cancelled? Seems I haven't seen any dp.
Old May 4, 2021, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Is this a YMMV scenario or just DEAD don't even make an attempt?
“Reward Certificate may be issued to the Hilton Honors Member, any person in the Member’s family, or to any other person, as directed by the Member. Once issued, rewards are not transferable and may be used only by the individual named on the reward. If a person other than the individual named on the reward documentation attempts to redeem the reward, the reward will be deemed void and accommodations and/or transportation will be denied”

My understanding is, say A has the cert, he can issue it to B, ie book a reservation in B's name. However, once that was done, C or anyone other than B cannot try to use it.

Otherwise there is no way to interpret "issued to the Hilton Honors Member, any person in the Member’s family, or to any other person". It is highly unlikely that before AMEX send the email to A issuing the cert, A can call AMEX or Hilton asking the cert directly to be sent to B's account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.