Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Great Service from the Honors desk

Old May 27, 13, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

My feeling is if you want to complain when things are bad you need to acknowledge when they are good!
Situation- One night stay at a Homewood, 4 rooms. Desk there said they could not put the rooms on the same folio even after I showed them it is required to get credit for 2 of the rooms (max under hhonors policy)
Sent an email to the help desk at 9:30 pm expecting, with the holiday that they would get back to me in a day or two. At 10:25 received email, points awarded.
Awesome!
Old May 27, 13, 10:24 pm

It's sad that this can be considered great service. There continues to be an epic fail in the HH system re multiple room credit, and a phone call or email is always required; even if the FD had combined into one folio, you still would have had an issue. That said, I've always had it handled immediately and without question...but I shouldn't have to waste my time in the first place.
Old May 27, 13, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
The Diamond desk can do great things, when they want to. Had a bad experience at a Garden Inn property 3 weeks ago. Loud party going on in the hotel two nights in a row. My across the hall neighbor and I both complained Friday and Saturday night, nothing happened. Complained to front desk manager when checking out on Sunday morning who replied, "you should have complained." Wouldn't stand behind their 100% guarantee policy. Sent a polite e-mail to the diamond desk, got an e-mail from the property's general manager two days later apologizing and issuing refunds for 2 nights (I was there for 4 nights, and I complimented them for the outstanding service and friendliness on the other nights). I credit the diamond desk for intervening and taking care of the issue. They are truly fantastic (sometimes)!
Old May 28, 13, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
It's sad that this can be considered great service. There continues to be an epic fail in the HH system re multiple room credit, and a phone call or email is always required; even if the FD had combined into one folio, you still would have had an issue. That said, I've always had it handled immediately and without question...but I shouldn't have to waste my time in the first place.
You must be unlucky. I have never had one to fail to post when placing them on the same folio. However, I have never had 2 rooms to post with separate folios.

The issue is sometimes trying to get the hotel to truly place it on one singular folio (even after requested).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: