Was not given the room I booked

Old May 25, 13, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Was not given the room I booked

This placed has "standard" king rooms and larger king with a balcony... I paid for a balcony room ($7 more a night ) was put in a normal room...hotel is sold out.. should I complain?
Old May 25, 13, 7:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Complain? Not sure. Ask for my money back on the upgrade? Definitely.
Old May 25, 13, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by poser View Post
This placed has "standard" king rooms and larger king with a balcony... I paid for a balcony room ($7 more a night ) was put in a normal room...hotel is sold out.. should I complain?
The decision is yours, but you should get the room you booked.
You confirmed reservation was 'Confirmed' you would get the room you paid for.
Old May 25, 13, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by poser View Post
I hope you write this not after you already left the hotel.

If it is me I would have showed my reservation right there at the counter and demand the refund right away, who knows you may get more than $7 back, and sometimes they lie too if you don't have any proof that you actually booked and paid for a king with a balcony.

Btw, where did you book this ? And you have any status with Hilton ? That will affect the outcome too.
Old May 25, 13, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Like 99% of problems, these things are best dealt with on the spot. Does OP really want the $7 refund. Or might the property comp him a meal or at the bar instead.

OP can certainly complain after the fact and he's entitled to his $7, but seeks kinda silly not to have dealt with this when he's spent the time to start a thread....
Old May 25, 13, 10:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The way to handle it was once you realized you were in the wrong room type, go back down and ask for either a rate reduction (assuming there is one duee) or the room class you booked.

After the fact it's just too late to expect anything.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: