Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Colombia {COL}

Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JohnnyColombia
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Colombia {COL}

Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:55 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Medellin Hampton had full breakfast even back in December 2020 and the location was superb, next to two shopping malls with lots of restaurants or places open for breakfast and lunch.

Last edited by ovacikar; Jun 11, 2023 at 5:32 am
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hey guys, any updates on the Tax situation for the hotels?

Doubletree Saltire AR, Hilton Bogota doesnt show tax in the rates, while Hilton Conferias and Doubletree Parque 93 all shows tax.

Will Saltire AR/Hilton Bogota charge tax on arrival to foreiner? Will any of the other hotels like Conferias or DT Parque 93 exempt hotel tax on arrival?

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:24 pm

Read further upthread. Hilton Bogota has charged a lot of people IVA.

I have never paid IVA at any Colombian hotel; specifically in BOG at HIX, 4 Points, CP Tequendama, Sheraton, ES, various GHLs, ....
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by medellinfein
Read further upthread. Hilton Bogota has charged a lot of people IVA.

I have never paid IVA at any Colombian hotel; specifically in BOG at HIX, 4 Points, CP Tequendama, Sheraton, ES, various GHLs, ....
Ah that sucks. Thanks for responding. Wondering if there's data points on the other three hotels I listed for Hilton if anyone knows...

So dumb because the other brands, it says right on the booking "NO IVA FOR BOOKINGS UNTIL DEC 31ST" or some other wordings like that.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:34 am
R2

How do I find out the email address of Hilton Garden Inn Bogota Airport? This hotel does not offer any fully flex rates (i.e. cancellable until 6pm day of arrival), is this normal for Hilton?
Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hey guys, any updates on the Tax situation for the hotels?

Doubletree Saltire AR, Hilton Bogota doesnt show tax in the rates, while Hilton Conferias and Doubletree Parque 93 all shows tax.

Will Saltire AR/Hilton Bogota charge tax on arrival to foreiner? Will any of the other hotels like Conferias or DT Parque 93 exempt hotel tax on arrival?
As long as you don't book a prepaid rate, the hotel will not charge the VAT after you show up and show your ID/passport. Obviously, you have to check when you pay that there is no VAT included in the invoice. So even if you book a (non-prepaid) rate that suggests that VAT will added, it should not be at the end of the day.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Hampton Hotel Medellin

Just had a 5 night stay on points.

Very good location by 2 malls, lots of dining options nearby, from McD’s on up.

I avoid Hamptons in the US because of the bad breakfasts, but I the few I have stayed at in Europe have really good breakfasts. The Hampton Medellin has a really good breakfast, 4 hot items, 3 of which changed each day of my stay, plus soup, fruit etc.

Restaurant has happy hour from 6 to 7 with reduced priced beers (I did not get to this) and food is good as is the service too. Multiple English tv channels to pick from when relaxing after being out all day.

I would definitely stay here again
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:19 pm

Doubletree Bogota Parque 93

Stayed 2 nights, and would not stay again.

Booked basic king room and received same on 8th floor (top floor with rooms), lounge and spa on 9th floor.

Okay Breakfast - 3 hot items, appetizer empanadas each day, a variation on a rice dish each day and scrambled eggs each day. Pineapple, watermelon, papaya and cantaloupe, cereals and some bread/pastries.

Housekeeping - first morning returned from breakfast at 8:15 and lady was already in room. Second (checkout day) was knocking on door at 9:00. No “do not disturb” tags provided to hang on door knob to tell them to keep out.

Noisy fridge in room with glass door and a light that stays on all the time, ended up unplugging it.

Executive lounge with free drinks and 2 lame appetizers from 5 to 7, now I have never seen this at any Hilton chains outside North America, but you have to sign an invoice when you leave the lounge but you are not supposed to be charged, but when I checked out this morning they tried to charge me for a drink because the invoice was issued at 7:12 pm even though the drink was ordered and delivered before 6:55. The charge was reversed but still an annoyance.

Don’t bother using the HVAC, it only blasts cold air, when I got to the room it was 24C, turned on the AC which had 21.5C setting, later the room was 17C even with the 21.5C setting, only way to fix it was to turn off the AC.

Plumbing issues, water faucet was spitting out water like there was air in the pipes at checkin, a few hours later when I returned it just sprayed all over the bathroom and me. Called front desk and they sent up plumber and housekeeping to clean up, never did get an apology.

10 minute walk to Parque 93.

They will only call the expensive white taxis, will not call the yellow taxis. Poor customer service.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:21 pm

Hilton Garden Inn Bogota Airport

Stayed 1 night as I had a morning flight. As a Diamond I was given 2 free drink vouchers good for house wine, national beer or gin & tonic. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was quite good. Airport shuttle departs hotel on the hour starting at 5 am and took 15 minutes to get to the airport at 7 am. Breakfast was okay.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 5:28 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
As long as you don't book a prepaid rate, the hotel will not charge the VAT after you show up and show your ID/passport. Obviously, you have to check when you pay that there is no VAT included in the invoice. So even if you book a (non-prepaid) rate that suggests that VAT will added, it should not be at the end of the day.
I have noticed some Hamptons in Colombia still quote prices with 19% IVA on Hilton web site, Likely operated by the same owner (Metro Group). I have notified them by email that they are potentially losing business (Hampton Barranquilla is priced higher than nearby Garden Inn), their email response was that the hotel will adjust the price during check in.

Last edited by ovacikar; Jun 11, 2023 at 6:26 pm
Old Jun 11, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes this is the way higher end hotels do it in Colombia. Nothing surprising in the that response.

The Hampton Inn is Barranquilla is indeed operated by METRO OPERACIÓN INMOBILIARIA SAS and is a nice property; good location.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Any recent stays at the Hilton Cartagena? We're going this winter and would love to get thoughts.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
DT Parque 93, BOG

Originally Posted by jmanrunner
I only know about the Doubletree Parque 93 location. I have stayed there half a dozen times and really enjoyed the property. It has been two years since my last visit but there was a lounge on the top floor that was indoor/outdoor and only available to elites so I am not sure why your information shows there is no lounge. I spent a lot of time in the lounge with friends and co-workers. It is a delightful lounge.

The rooms are spacious and quiet. The neighborhood borders some fun restaurants and shops just a few minutes walk away near Parque 93. There are so many accessible areas within a 10 minute walk from the hotel for example La Zona Rosa which has popular and high-end shops and restaurants. I never felt unsafe in a small group or even by myself, but it is also my opinion that being by yourself in a foreign country should be minimized, use the buddy system if you can. I had ample access to Uber and Taxis from Parque 93. I never had a bad experience at this location and prefer it over the Bogota JW Marriott for example.
Originally Posted by tobegold
Stayed 2 nights, and would not stay again.

Booked basic king room and received same on 8th floor (top floor with rooms), lounge and spa on 9th floor.

Okay Breakfast - 3 hot items, appetizer empanadas each day, a variation on a rice dish each day and scrambled eggs each day. Pineapple, watermelon, papaya and cantaloupe, cereals and some bread/pastries.

Housekeeping - first morning returned from breakfast at 8:15 and lady was already in room. Second (checkout day) was knocking on door at 9:00. No “do not disturb” tags provided to hang on door knob to tell them to keep out.

Noisy fridge in room with glass door and a light that stays on all the time, ended up unplugging it.

Executive lounge with free drinks and 2 lame appetizers from 5 to 7, now I have never seen this at any Hilton chains outside North America, but you have to sign an invoice when you leave the lounge but you are not supposed to be charged, but when I checked out this morning they tried to charge me for a drink because the invoice was issued at 7:12 pm even though the drink was ordered and delivered before 6:55. The charge was reversed but still an annoyance.

Don’t bother using the HVAC, it only blasts cold air, when I got to the room it was 24C, turned on the AC which had 21.5C setting, later the room was 17C even with the 21.5C setting, only way to fix it was to turn off the AC.

Plumbing issues, water faucet was spitting out water like there was air in the pipes at checkin, a few hours later when I returned it just sprayed all over the bathroom and me. Called front desk and they sent up plumber and housekeeping to clean up, never did get an apology.

10 minute walk to Parque 93.

They will only call the expensive white taxis, will not call the yellow taxis. Poor customer service.
There are 2 opposing reviews, anybody else to add? Jmanrunner posted in 2021, noted the last visit was 2 years prior.

Negativities noted by tobegold are more consistent with recent comments on Google: unpolished service, poor food at the executive lounge, cold rooms.

It's priced similar to Hamptons, definitely the cheapest in BOG with a lounge. I started wondering if I should stay elsewhere.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc
There are 2 opposing reviews, anybody else to add? Jmanrunner posted in 2021, noted the last visit was 2 years prior.

Negativities noted by tobegold are more consistent with recent comments on Google: unpolished service, poor food at the executive lounge, cold rooms.

It's priced similar to Hamptons, definitely the cheapest in BOG with a lounge. I started wondering if I should stay elsewhere.
Stay at the Hilton Bogota, very good lounge offerings in evening and large selection at breakfast in restaurant.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by tobegold
Stay at the Hilton Bogota, very good lounge offerings in evening and large selection at breakfast in restaurant.
Thanks for your quick reply and recommendation. However, Hilton costs more than double for my dates. If I spend so much more for a better lounge and better breakfast, I'd rather dine out, especially when I'm staying there solo.

I haven't done much research yet, but I'm thinking about Holiday Inn Express Bogota DC instead. Or maybe other hotels where I have no status, such as NH Collection Bogota Terra 100, not far from the DT.

Last edited by maverikbc; Jan 7, 2024 at 11:27 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.