Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam / Arena Boulevard {NLD}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam / Arena Boulevard {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 8:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam / Arena Boulevard {NLD}

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Arena Boulevard
Hoekenrode 1, Amsterdam, 1102 BR, Netherlands TEL: 31-020-8203200 FAX: 31-020-8203201

HHonors Reward Category: 5

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival May 30, 2013 and beyond.

Located in the center of Amsterdam Zuidoost - the most dynamic entertainment area of Amsterdam, the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Arena Boulevard hotel is within walking distance of the Amsterdam ArenA (home to AFC Ajax), The RAI Convention Centre, Ziggo Dome and one of the biggest IMAX cinemas in the Netherlands and many cosmopolitan restaurants and bars. Enjoy easy access to popular attractions including the famous canals, the Anne Frank House and the Van Gogh Museum. The train station is located just opposite the hotel and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is just a 10 minute train ride from the hotel.

Each of the welcoming guest rooms at this Amsterdam hotel offer thoughtful touches and contemporary amenities, including a comfy bed, a 32-inch flat screen TV, free WiFi, an ergonomic work area, coffee and tea making facilities and an iron and ironing board. Accessible guest rooms and suites are also available. Energize with a workout in the free fitness center, featuring the latest exercise equipment. Every morning of your stay, join us for Hampton’s free hot breakfast buffet. Buy a snack or beverage from the convenient Suite Shop, 24-hours a day. Hold an event for up to 15 people in the Board Room of this Amsterdam hotel and stay connected with a range of services in the free business center.
This will be joining the recently owned Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Neptunusstraat 1, Hoofddorp, 2132 JA, Netherlands TEL: 31-023-8200940 FAX: 31-023-8200941 (covered in its own thread)

Last edited by JDiver; May 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm Reason: add rewards category
Old May 10, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Hilton seems to be bulking up in Holland of late. Would be nice to see the same in France and Belgium.
Old May 11, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Hopefully this will give us lower point options.
Old May 11, 2013, 5:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Man oh man, I'd love to see a DoubleTree Brussels, and whilst I am dreaming how about an HGI Brugge? Antwerp?

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Hilton seems to be bulking up in Holland of late. Would be nice to see the same in France and Belgium.
Old May 18, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: HH D
The Arena Hampton will open tomorrow, Whitsunday, May 19.

AAA / AARP rates at the moment are 89 euro on weekends, 107 on weekdays. Reward rates are either 40000 points or 16000 + 48 euro.

Rates may climb in the near future. The area has many large corporate headquarters nearby and the hotel is next to the Metro/Railway station, as well as close to the Arena soccer stadium, Heineken Music Hall and Ziggo Dome.

Trips by rail to the center of Amsterdam or to AMS airport take fifteen minutes and will cost about four euro.

Last edited by Sisosig; Mar 9, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:40 pm

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam / Arena Boulevard

I was hoping someone has a e-mail contact for this hotel or GM ? Any recent stay info would also be appreciated ?

Thanks

Scott Garfinkel
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
I don't have an email for them, but I have stayed at the hotel. This hampton inn is the best hampton inn I have ever stayed in. It has a breakfast quality that is really good, and not trypical of a Hamptonn inn. As well as the rooms: much better than the standard hamptonn inn. If I recall, it even had a hotel bar. I really liked the location and how close it was to the train, very easy access to the city and airport.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:57 am

Could be found very easily. Go to Tripadvisor. Lookup the hotel. On top of the description page for the hotel, there's an 'E-mail hotel' link. This doesn't work with every hotel, but it does with this one. (It's something like "Amsterdam Zuidoost at Hilton dot com").

If a general manager is the least person you need to communicate with, look at the Tripadvisor reviews. His name will be in the comments. Then google "name" + @hilton.com. You'll find his Hilton-address on a travel employment website.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Smile Hampton Inn Amsterdam Arena

Very clean hotel, this Hampton Inn is doing everything right
Clean Hotel, Great breakfast with good coffee and fresh products. Great area with Heineken Music Hall, Ziggo Doom, Soccer Stadion, movie theater and a lot off restaurants and shopping-mall. 15 minutes by subway or train to downtown Amsterdam.

Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:12 pm

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Arena {NLD}

Some trivia about this Hampton by Hilton:
  • Very large and comfortable lounge area, highly popular with guests.
  • Real pottery dishes and mugs at breakfast.
  • Coffee at breakfast is only so-so.
  • Bedrooms also have real mugs and drinking glasses.
  • Modern bathroom, luxury items like heated mirror, toilet has a soft close lid.
  • In room-safe (it's hard to find, hidden inside of nightstand).
  • No in-room fridges or microwaves though.
  • On-site bar, with Heineken Beer now Grolsch on tap. Hilton-like pricing though. Also serves some food (like pizza, wraps and lasagna, at less than 10 euro).
  • Nearby Arena railway station has a grab and go supermarket, with fresh bakery items. Open until 11pm (10pm Sun), subject to change.
  • Sixth floor rooms have windows full width of the room. Views are best on the station side.
  • Queen rooms are on the back side of the building (except one), Twin rooms are on front, slightly larger.
  • Many American franchise brand fast-food restaurants nearby, even a Cinnabon. Besides, also a number of regular restaurants are present.
  • Many regular shops nearby, but most close before dinner time. Thursday night has late night shopping (late = 9 pm). Large sports+outdoors / large electronics store are open every weeknight and on Sundays though.
  • Very disappointing Now fair 10 Mbit internet speed even more so because one of the world's primary internet backbones is located less then a mile from here.
  • Nearby Ziggo Dome, AFAS Live (formerly Heineken Music Hall) and Arena stadium. All can be reached on foot.

Last edited by Sisosig; Feb 7, 2017 at 11:56 pm Reason: updated info
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Just completed a two night stay here (daughter was attending a concert at the Heineken Music Hall).
Loved it -
easy to get to/from (15 mins) from Schipol - direct Sprint Train every 15 mins
direct metro (15 mins again) to Central Station (metro 54)
Breakfast was good and plenty of eating places around the hotel.
Room was fine with comfortable beds - wifi was good
checked in an hour early no problem.

Agree with above we grabbed a 6th floor twin room overlooking the plaza - quiet and ideal for people watching (in the rain!) - full width windows.

Would stay there again anytime I am in AMS without hesitation.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 3:31 pm

Having had the dubious experience this evening of the nearby Holiday Inn for somewhere around 2.5 times the nightly rate, my appreciation of basically the same room and service (+ breakfast) at the Hampton has grown.

One small thing. It's Intercity trains that go to the Arena in two stops. Platform 3 when you get into the airport.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
With ridiculously high weekend rates at the Amsterdam hotels this summer (Euro 300+ for this property for my dates in Sept) 40,000 points/nt at this property seems to be a steal. However, keep in mind that HH point rates at this property (and also at the Hampton Amsterdam Airport) are non-refundable/non-changeable.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Friendly staff - typical European Hampton Inn concept

Hoekenrode 1 Amsterdam, NL 1102 BR

Friendly staff - typical European Hampton Inn concept (8 Photos)

I had a relative visiting and wanted to visit some of the museums in Amsterdam, so with the currently very reasonable rate (for Amsterdam), I decided to make a staycation out of it and try out this property (which I pass very often on my way to Schiphol).

IMG_20200730_121911052_HDR.jpg

This property is situated just couple of minutes walk away from the Amsterdam Arena train/metro station.  The area is a combination of residential, business/office, shopping and the main Arena/Ajax/Johan Cruiff stadium.  During the weekdays, the area around the hotel is lively and weekend slightly less (since offices are closed) - but often you do still see quite a lot of people around due to the shopping area close to the hotel.  

The area in general is a safe area - although this can be a point not every one will always agree.  For me, I did not feel unsafe at any time of the day outside of the hotel.  

Check In

I did an online check-in and selected my room.  The hotel still does not have a digital key facility, so I still had to pass by the front desk to check in.  I arrived just before noon, and was happy that I could already get a room which is greatly appreciated.  I was informed about the current "rules" of the hotel due to ongoing situation - especially changes in the breakfast format.

As an elite member, I was given my 2 bottles of water and welcome drinks voucher - which is very much appreciated.  

IMG_20200730_113530200.jpgIMG_20200730_113536430_HDR.jpgIMG_20200730_113526481.jpg

Room

I selected this room during online check-in via the app (I was originally assigned a room on a lower floor, but I selected for a higher floor).  The room was a typical Hampton Inn room.  From size point, it was the same like all other ones, on the smaller side in my opinion.  [I understand that they do have some larger rooms, but was not upgraded to them]  Anyway, for a couple of night it was ok.

The room did have tea/coffee making which was very much appreciated (as I have read that quite a number of hotels have used the current situation to remove this).  TV was on the smaller side, but as usual there was a mix of local and international channels available.  Wifi speed was stable and good speed (although you need to relogin after 24 hours).

The climate control in the room was good - on one of the days, it was on the hotter side outside, but the room did cool down well.  Setting it to the highest fan speed was on the louder side, but on the low speed it was quiet (and did manage to maintain the room temperature).  

Bathroom was again your typical Hampton Inn style - with the exact same brand for the toiletries (which are the wall mounted bottles) as at the Hampton Inn Schiphol (the only other one which I've stayed before).  However I did discover later that they were empty - because I guess due to them leaking, so most probably it leaked out over time.  Informing the front desk, it was refilled promptly.

Sleep quality was good - there was minimal noise intrusion from both outside and inside.  Bed was not too hard or soft.

IMG_20200730_171307238.jpgIMG_20200730_171319950.jpgIMG_20200730_120826013_HDR.jpg

Breakfast

Normally at Hampton Inns, the breakfast buffet is good (in Europe at least) which includes hot items.  However due to the change in current situation, the concept was changed.  At this property, you will have to collect your breakfast from associates manning the breakfast area - which consisted of mainly continental breakfast items.  

For me under circumstances, I thought that it was sufficient.  

Only negative (not only for this property but for quite a number of hotels) - there are lots of plastic waste generated as everything comes in packaging.  Hopefully the necessary steps are taken to turn this into a circular usage.

IMG_20200731_084933391.jpg

Overall

All in all, for the price paid, I was very satisfied with the property.  Will certainly return to this property if the price remains reasonable (even after current situation changes).  

Friendly staff - typical European Hampton Inn concept

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam / Arena Boulevard?

No, thank you.
Yes
fransknorge, Aselwyn and MatJarosz like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.