Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Panama {PAN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I actually booked this via Visa Signature Hotels, was given an upgrade, breakfast +25USD to spend on F&B, and got all the Gold benefits, at the best available rate.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Right now you can get a room there $103. Pretty cheap for a WA.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:40 am
Suspended

Any recent experiences here? Booked a Jr. Suite....over the weekend it's only 58k points. Not bad in my book, no matter how cheap this place can get.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I'm staying here now. Will report back. Asked for an upgrade. HH Gold. Also a continental breakfast included.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
I'm staying here now. Will report back. Asked for an upgrade. HH Gold. Also a continental breakfast included.
How did it work out?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Yes, wondering the same.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I'm here now. Nice hotel but is a victim of its location. There used to be beach views from one side of the building but a new high rise is now blocking it. See attached view from 7th floor pool.
The room is fine, nice toiletries, service has been great. As a gold I was told there is a free continental breakfast in the morning and had a plate of 3 macarons in my room as a welcome gift. I did a cash and points which is $71.50 (with tax) + 16,000 points.

I'll be at the Hilton next week to compare.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
How are the e.g. restaurants/spa services? Contemplating booking through AmexPlat services which would come with a 100$ resort credit for ~30 dollars extra rate, which seems like a good deal but of course only if the facilities warrant spending those 100 in resort credit. (and especially since the resort credit can't be used towards the room itself)
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Two night stay as HHD on points.

Pre-arrival. Contact with personal concierge. Discussion about airport pickup (in the end, we decided not to use it) and day trip (canal & old town). We booked the day trip that was arranged very flexibly. E-mail response time very exemplary.

Arrival. $30 taxi from airport. Taxi driver (claimed that he) couldn't change $40, so we needed to break a $20 bill at the reception. Check-in was a little chaotic since the concierge had noticed that we had booked the trip earlier and interfered with the check-in process. In addition to that, the welcome drinks arrived at the same time. Given upgrade to a nice room with sofa. The elevators had two sets of buttons, one with card access and the other without; the one with card access seems to be out of order (but no signs). Many floors are labelled with letters rather than numbers (P for Pool, R for Restaurant, LB for Lobby, ...).

Room. Shower and bath, bathrobes, but no slippers, scales (that didn't work), no iron and ironing board (that seems to be standard in W=A). Welcome gift: three macarones and large bar of chocolate. As mentioned in the earlier review, the view of the ocean is obstructed by other buildings. From our room, we had a small glimpse of the ocean.

Pool & gym. Very nice with a bar next to the outdoor pool. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Ginger restaurant. FD gave us a menu for the ginger restaurant. On the basis of the menu, we decided to go, only to realise that the menu had changed and all of the dishes we'd been interested in were not on the menu anymore. We want to the cafe instead.

Breakfast. Not very impressive for a W=A, but OK. On the first day, we had breakfast at 6:30am and the set-up was not completed until 7am: serving utensils were missing, egg station wasn't manned, no butter, etc. If I compare the breakfast to the HGI La Sabana, I'd say that the HGI breakfast was better. The $35 F&B credit that was given to me as HHD covered roughly breakfast for two for one day.

Tour. Arranged tour of Panama Canal and Old Panama was leisurely and nice with a competent and friendly guide. It was, however, seriously overpriced (we paid $135 p.p. including lunch).

Check-out. We were offered a 4pm late checkout without any problem. Hotel arranged transfer to the airport and allowed payment of the car via the room bill.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Originally Posted by Smiley90
How are the e.g. restaurants/spa services? Contemplating booking through AmexPlat services which would come with a 100$ resort credit for ~30 dollars extra rate, which seems like a good deal but of course only if the facilities warrant spending those 100 in resort credit. (and especially since the resort credit can't be used towards the room itself)
This.

I'm staying in Panama for a 26 hour layover. Debating if i should stay here with my $100 credit or at the Hyatt Place.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
We stayed in this hotel for 1 night last month, rate was about 190 USD including breakfast. As a Diamond member, got upgraded to a Junior Suite. Got macarons and dark chocolate as welcome gift as well as 35 USD credit to use for F&B consumptions excluding alcohol. Strangely, there were no slippers in the room so I had to ask for it. As we did the tour of Panama Canal early Saturday morning, we missed the breakfast. We couldn't choose another day to do the Panama Canal Tour as they only do it on Saturdays and we only stayed for 4 nights in Panama. The Panama Canal tour is highly recommended
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Waldorf Astoria Panama City, PA - $115

I stumbled across this property while looking for a weekend getaway in December. This might be the cheapest I've ever seen a Waldorf property go for. Has anyone stayed here. Is it safe? Would be a comfortable way to explore Panama City, Panama for a few days.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by MCI777
I stumbled across this property while looking for a weekend getaway in December. This might be the cheapest I've ever seen a Waldorf property go for. Has anyone stayed here. Is it safe? Would be a comfortable way to explore Panama City, Panama for a few days.
Neighborhood is safe, property is smaller than the nearby Hilton. Mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. Your about a 15-20 minute walk to the old historic areas. Due to recent construction all around, this property doesn't have ocean views anymore.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by MCI777
Is it safe?
You know how WA is, always building properties in those super dangerous areas. Don't cross the tracks in Boca Raton, trust me.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thread for the property here:
Waldorf Astoria Panama {PAN}
Also some discussion of the WA and the area here:
Hilton Panama {PAN}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.