Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

"The reservation selected cannot be managed online."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2013, 1:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

When clicking on View/Edit, that's the message I get for my next reservation.

I called the Diamond Desk and had the agent look at the reservation. She said all was well and she couldn't understand why I couldn't view it either.

I can View/Edit all my other reservations with no problem.

Any wisdom? Or is this just another example of Hilton's crack IT efforts?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Any wisdom? Or is this just another example of Hilton's crack IT efforts?
Where did you book this? Through the Hilton website or a travel agency/3rd party?

I use a travel agency and this is the message I see on all my reservations at Hilton. If I need to make changes, I generally make a call to the hotel I am booked at.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJTim
Where did you book this? Through the Hilton website or a travel agency/3rd party?
Hilton website, per usual.

The only "change" I have made is emailed a request to the Diamond Desk to add a "Request early check-in if available" line to the comments section which they emailed back almost immediately to say that that had been done.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
This has happen to me a few times and it is very frustrating. Normally I want to cancel the room and I end up sending a mail to the Diamond Desk and they do it for me. Extra work for having poor IT.

I do all my bookings through the Hilton web.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I've got one, too. It was made through the website, nothing fancy, just an advance purchase room for one night. The one thing I did was to do the free NOR-1 upgrade. But, they are two separate software programs, so doing that shouldn't affect the other.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:16 pm
Suspended

I think the Hilton computer learned to do its job by mimicking HAL9000 from 2001 A Space Odyssey.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IcHot
I think the Hilton computer learned to do its job by mimicking HAL9000 from 2001 A Space Odyssey.
Are you sure? I did not think an MITS Altair 8800 or TRS 80 was capable of artificial intelligence.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I have seen this happen to reservations when the property does an update to the record (room upgrade, date change, etc.). I'm not sure what else they may have touched but the record is locked out to me. Still a valid booking but I need to call to make any changes or to cancel.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Well, I'll hope it's because of an upgrade
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:21 pm

THat happened to me earlier in the week on a Diamond only reservation. The next day it was fine.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: HH D
That happened with me too. I think it's a web-site error.
You can find your confirmation e-mail and go with link "Modify Reservation" in your reservation detail.
So I had changed my reservation and had canceled too.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Garina
You can find your confirmation e-mail and go with link "Modify Reservation" in your reservation detail.
Thanks for the @:-) Garina, I will try to remember this possibility next time I have the problem.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
That happened with me too. I think it's a web-site error.
So I had changed my reservation and had canceled too.
This happens to me regularly -- following the link from the email confirmation just brings me the same error response that the OP mentions.

Although most of my stays are booked on hilton.com, this problem occurs most every time the property in question accesses my reservation (for whatever reason they choose, and seldom an upgrade !).
Old Apr 7, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: HH D
I'm same situation just now.
I was checking this five minuts ago. One of my reservation is going from link View/Edit to technical error, but when I'm going from confirmation e-mail, I can see my reservation and change it.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 6:31 am
Original Poster

...when I'm going from confirmation e-mail, I can see my reservation and change it.
Doesn't work for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.