Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can you still book into late 2014/2015 with points or did they fix it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you still book into late 2014/2015 with points or did they fix it?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
HH acutally emailed you the certs? Strange, I thought other than the AXON booking (4-night award at reduced rate for HH AMEX cardholders), HH no longer email certs to the customers.

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
3 nights 2 rooms 300000 points
Old May 23, 2013, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Absolutely need to call the property. Cash, points, certs -- they're all the same to the property. If the cert isn't honored, it's like a bounced check. If they won't take the cert when you arrive, what's Plan B?
Old May 23, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Anyway, you should email the hotel directly using the template provided by Deepd1ver7. Once they confirmed they'll honor your reservation & cert, then you should be in the clear.

3 nights 2 rooms 300000 points
Old May 23, 2013, 8:57 pm

Just found this thread. I don't know what a GLON or AXON is. I just make HHonors point reservations. So what is a reservation that you make with your points called? I don't know, is it a GLON or AXON? My reservations are next summer over 15 months away. Will they be honored in Koh Samui? I am concerned.
1) GLON/AXON:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hing-else.html

Also see the recent threads on the devaluation's impact on GLON/AXON.

2) Based on the other thread you started, it appears you booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each for a total of 300,000 points. That sounds like neither a GLON nor an AXON award; GLON/AXON are references to discount rates for 4+ night stays.

3) Re: Koh Samui -- no guarantees. But if you read the prior posts on this thread, people have gotten extra reassurances by messaging now regarding the situation. My situation last month at the Conrad Maldives is probably most analogous to your situation; while YMMV, hopefully you'll be OK as I was.

Best of luck!
Old May 24, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: QR Plat, EK Plat, EY Plat, HH Diamond
I have multiple bookings that is more than 12 months ahead , booked with just points before devaluation. Should I be worried?

What are those certs you're talking about? I don't get any certs at all for my point stays? I just receive normal booking confirmations that says;

Rate Type:
DIA STANDARD RM RWD
Rate per night: Confidential Rate

There is nothing in the email that states that I can't check-in on those days.

It does however says;

Please review the following important Reward Redemption Terms & Conditions:
General Terms and Conditions
Reward Reservation Terms and Conditions

In the terms and conditions for reward reservation I can't see any text at all that the reservation must be within 12 months.

If it was a glitch in their system, well I can't see Hilton refusing me to check-in when I'm finally there with my printed reservation as proof.

Any Hilton representative that can confirm ?
Old May 24, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imniclas

If it was a glitch in their system, well I can't see Hilton refusing me to check-in when I'm finally there with my printed reservation as proof.
There was no glitch - if you go to hilton site and enter a date beyond 12 mo you won't be able to book. IME a couple agents refused to book a stay beyond 1 yr therefore i expressed my concerns on the other thread. Certificate expiration is discussed on the other thread - check there; the number is listed on your reward reservation - you can call and check if it's valid for the dates of your stay or you can gamble an show up at the property as long as you understand the consequences.
How did you book your award?
Old May 24, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Honestly if the HH booking system had a glitch that allowed bookings to be made and confirmed more than 365 days out, then shouldnt Hilton be gracious enough to honour (no pun intended) it especially in the wake of the massive devaluation?

I did see the Conrad website able to book the rooms way into 2014 / 2015 but managed to do 7 nights at 360 days out for Tokyo.
Old May 24, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
I called HHONORS GA 2 days ago to ask about this, I have 2 reservations in 2015 using the old redemption values. He couldn't answer my question. He said he's going to open a case but I never received an email with the case #. A few things to consider tho:

1. Expired certs do not get automatically converted to hh points. You have to call and cancel the cert before it expires so the points can be re deposited to your account otherwise you lose the points.

2. In the scenario where the property refuses to honor your reservation using a more than a year old cert, you not only lose your points from the expired cert, you will also find yourself with no room. In a best case scenario, the property agrees to honor your reservation.

3. The GA rep told me that AXON reservations are the ones that have electronic certificates that indicates the # of award nights at a range of category props. The cert does not say the specific property it is linked to, it's kinda generic in this regard. However, you can match up the cert# with your emailed confirmation of reservation. I checked my own reservations and this proved to be true.

I am assuming the non AXON reservations' certs are the emailed confirmation because it does say the dates of stay, # of nights, # of points redeemed, etc. this confirmation/cert does not have any expiration date mentioned.

Any input?
Old May 24, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
As an afterthought, it might be wise to cancel the reservation but not the certificate if plans or dates change. If the AXON is a certificate that can be used at any Hilton prop, as long as it meets the stated written criteria and it's not expired, then we can use it for a different reservation at a different property at a different date?
Old May 24, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by pocahontas
As an afterthought, it might be wise to cancel the reservation but not the certificate if plans or dates change. If the AXON is a certificate that can be used at any Hilton prop, as long as it meets the stated written criteria and it's not expired, then we can use it for a different reservation at a different property at a different date?
No. The AXON IS linked to a reservation when you make it. As you said in your earlier post, your email hotel reservation confirmation is matched to the AXON code.

If the AXON were not linked to a reservation, you would be able to order an AXON w/o making any reservations (which you CAN'T do). However, you MUST make a hotel when you call to get an AXON. If you cancel your reservation and change it to another hotel AFTER June 15 you will have to pay the new AXON rate. Not only that, you have to call to have your points reinstated when you cancel the reservation.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
No. The AXON IS linked to a reservation when you make it. As you said in your earlier post, your email hotel reservation confirmation is matched to the AXON code.

If the AXON were not linked to a reservation, you would be able to order an AXON w/o making any reservations (which you CAN'T do). However, you MUST make a hotel when you call to get an AXON. If you cancel your reservation and change it to another hotel AFTER June 15 you will have to pay the new AXON rate. Not only that, you have to call to have your points reinstated when you cancel the reservation.
Thanks for the clarification. The AXON cert does not have a life of its own, so if you cancelled the underlying reservation, what happens to the axon cert? The pts don't automatically get re deposited to your account, you have to cancel b

What's with June 15?
Old May 24, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
First off, is this an AXON award or a Citibank credit card award? Neither one requires an actual certificate at check-in; it's all done electronically. If you made the reservation fifteen months ago and no one caught it at the time of booking, then the front desk won't know either. So just check-in with your existing reservation and enjoy.
Ill-advise. Hotel definitely would need to see a VALID Cert when you check in. Without a Valid Cert the hotel would not get paid by HHonor.

You then have 2 options, pay up at the cash rate or walk. The choice is yours and your own doing. That is why some of us would not take this risk.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
If you cancel your reservation and change it to another hotel AFTER June 15 you will have to pay the new AXON rate. Not only that, you have to call to have your points reinstated when you cancel the reservation.
What's with June 15?
New, much higher, AXON point requirements start June 16.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am assuming the non AXON reservations' certs are the emailed confirmation because it does say the dates of stay, # of nights, # of points redeemed, etc. this confirmation/cert does not have any expiration date mentioned.

Any input?
You do not see the date does not mean in the internal system it does not carry a date.

If you do not mind to take the risk of 1) pay the cash rate, 2) walk if you dont want to pay, AND lose all your pts since the cert is worthless to the hotel (cannot get paid from HHonor) and HHonor said too bad.

The choice is yours.
Old May 24, 2013, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rdchen
HH acutally emailed you the certs? Strange, I thought other than the AXON booking (4-night award at reduced rate for HH AMEX cardholders), HH no longer email certs to the customers.
No, no cert emailed BUT the cert is referenced on the booking. Check your reward booking carefully, there are 2 numbers - one is the reservation number, the other is presumably the cert.

Just because the cert does not show an expiration date, it does not mean it has infinite life but people wanted so desperately to book beyond 12 months they were trying to talk themselves out of the concept that cert has 1 year life and it is tracked inside HHonor system.

Whoever is brave enough to show up next year for a ressie that is made 12 months old, would either report back with big smile, or creates a thread for the sob story. I am inclined to think it would be the latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.