My way preferences

Old Mar 12, 13, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

My way preferences

I don't get the points, which I elected for, any possible reason why?

I am just not sure if something is missing.
Old Mar 12, 13, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Are you talking about the Q1 double points? Bear in mind that some properties have opted out.
Old Mar 13, 13, 7:07 am
Original Poster

no iam talking points instead of breakfast.
Old Mar 13, 13, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Which brand? I have had very bad experiences with getting the "breakfast" points from Hilton Garden Inn to post, and have given up and just eaten breakfast instead now!
Old Mar 13, 13, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Which brand? I have had very bad experiences with getting the "breakfast" points from Hilton Garden Inn to post, and have given up and just eaten breakfast instead now!
Mostly doubletrees. Ironically I get the points at the HGI
Old Mar 13, 13, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never had a problem at Doubletrees getting both the 1000 points and breakfast vouchers (as is supposed to be the case).
Old Apr 1, 13, 8:14 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, HHonors Gold
I had the opposite problem this past weekend - I received both breakfast coupons and 750 bonus points as a Gold at an HGI.

Ok, I guess that's really not a "problem".
Old Apr 1, 13, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bdheini View Post
I had the opposite problem this past weekend - I received both breakfast coupons and 750 bonus points as a Gold at an HGI.

Ok, I guess that's really not a "problem".
Same here. Stayed in an HGI in small town Texas. Got breakfast coupons plus 750 points. I also fail to see the problem here. ^

Also, the week before, I stayed at an ES where I got my water/snacks plus 500 points.
Old Aug 13, 13, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
I have typically been getting breakfast plus the 750 point at HGI, but at ES, I have the snack items selected. Without exception, over the last two years every single ES stay I'm handed two bottles of water at check in (have the diet cokes selected in my MY WAY preferences) and get no points or snack. I remember just a couple years ago checking into ES properties and the diet coke and some fruit was always sitting in my suite. What gives???
Old Aug 14, 13, 4:54 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
DoubleTree's I tend to get both the 1,000 bonus points and breakfast, which although is not a defined benefit - I do really enjoy that.
Old Aug 15, 13, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I've always got 1000 points and breakfast at a few London Hiltons, risked it on the basis that the company would pick up the breakfast tab although switched it to breakfast for a points stay this weekend with the family as I'm not risking paying for it myself!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: