Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How can we make Hilton Honors great - focus group ideas?

Old Mar 5, 13, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,

Today (Wednesday) I am taking part in a NYC focus group for Hilton Hhonors.

They're asking the question - how can they make HH great?

Obviously I've got my own ideas but I would also like to hear what others have to say.

Simple one line suggestions would be useful.

If you want you can tell me what you prefer about other loyalty programs compared to Hilton.

What do you LOVE about Hilton Hhonors?

What do you HATE about Hilton Hhonors?

I dont know how many of these groups they're running but I promise you I will make sure your points are heard.
Old Mar 5, 13, 10:41 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I would like to see HHonors require that all properties offer some standard rooms for "Points & Cash" redemption. Currently, individual properties decide if they want to offer any P&C rates. Given the recent points devaluation, this would be a good move. ^

Thanks for polling.
Old Mar 6, 13, 6:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Here are few thoughts:
- stop pushing so many Gold members via Credit Card spend. Inflation of Gold and Diamonds with little amount of points will break the balance, combined with huge redemption values will only increase the amount of available points on the market, hence a bigger burden on the balance sheet.
- Reinstate "Diamond Guarantee" reservations, for both award and cash rates.
- Come up with a redemption value chart that is either realistic when compared to the point earning structure, or realistic when compared to the average BAR for the respective properties. The recent announced devaluation is a huge step, where in average the amount of paid nights required for a 4-nights or 6-nights award stay at a Top-category property is just insane.
- communicate better with the customers the expectations regarding Executive Lounges in US. Highly inconsistent, this is damaging the brand. There is a plan for 2013, but nothing formal yet for the public.
Old Mar 6, 13, 6:29 am

Don't be taken in by the corporate spiel when you meet them, telling you how you've got greater choice etc. Remind them you're and we're not idiots.
Old Mar 6, 13, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Some nice responses so far - thanks! You've got until 5pm EST if anyone else wants to add.

Remind me what is "Diamond Guarantee" again?

Obviously I'll be talking about the devaluation which is terrible... and I already had inconsistent lounge policy on my list. I hate the fact I can't use the lounge in the NYC Hilton!
Old Mar 6, 13, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Don't be taken in by the corporate spiel when you meet them, telling you how you've got greater choice etc. Remind them you're and we're not idiots.
Apparently it's a third-party company who has been recruited by Hilton to conduct the survey so not Hilton directly but I do know the feedback is being presented verbatim back to them.
Old Mar 6, 13, 6:35 am

I see, I guess the last thing in the world corporate want is to meet a real customer!
Old Mar 6, 13, 7:43 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time ... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
Reinstate "Diamond Guarantee" reservations, for both award and cash rates.
+1, especially for points. Was a major perk.

I will probably not re-qualify as a Diamond this year, moving to gold, and without the Diamond Force I'm like, so?
Old Mar 6, 13, 7:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
"Diamond Guarantee" is when a Diamond can book a room at a sold out hotel as long as there is at least a 48 hour notice. We used to be able to do this using either cash or points. Now, we can only use cash. It would be a great benefit if we could use points again.

Also, it would be great if there could be some sort of difference between Golds & Diamonds who earn status thru credit cards vs Golds & Diamonds that earn it thru staying at the properties. I usually have between 200-250 nights with Hilton each year and it is frustrating to see benefits being taken away because there are too many elites because of credit cards!! Maybe creating a level above diamond?
Old Mar 6, 13, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
HHonors Diamond as an example:

Current: Accrue 30 stays, 60 nights, or 120,000 base points - ONE Year Diamond membership

PROPOSE:

1) Meet two of the above criteria and receive TWO Year Diamond membership
2) Meet three - THREE year Diamond Membership
Old Mar 6, 13, 8:30 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
The obvious:
Their web team needs a kick in the pants and to focus on making a functional website that doesn't crash and doesn't need you to enter your password 10 times to make a reservation

Handing out gold status so easily. I dropped from Diamond, and while I have gold through my employer... I equate it to having no status at all.
It isn't a premiere/elite/status level when everyone has it.
Old Mar 6, 13, 8:42 am

Make a 4 pm check out guaranteed for Diamonds.
Old Mar 6, 13, 8:53 am

They've been following the path of deceptive devaluations ever since Blackstone investment. This has become the culture of hhonors. It would be naive if not foolish to believe they wanted to improve anything in the program. The goal of this exercise is to identify what can be devalued next and how to present it as an enhancement.
Old Mar 6, 13, 10:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
Here are few thoughts:
- stop pushing so many Gold members via Credit Card spend. Inflation of Gold and Diamonds with little amount of points will break the balance, combined with huge redemption values will only increase the amount of available points on the market, hence a bigger burden on the balance sheet.
- Reinstate "Diamond Guarantee" reservations, for both award and cash rates.
- Come up with a redemption value chart that is either realistic when compared to the point earning structure, or realistic when compared to the average BAR for the respective properties. The recent announced devaluation is a huge step, where in average the amount of paid nights required for a 4-nights or 6-nights award stay at a Top-category property is just insane.
- communicate better with the customers the expectations regarding Executive Lounges in US. Highly inconsistent, this is damaging the brand. There is a plan for 2013, but nothing formal yet for the public.
+1 and add the 4pm late check out guarantee for HHD
Old Mar 6, 13, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Full hot breakfast free for diamonds at all properties that have a restaurant that offers hot breakfast.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: