Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by StephenW
Have a stay here booked for September, but am reconsidering my options given the recent feedback. Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah is on the list but I'm looking to see if there are other suggestions. Not many requirements other than a good night's sleep and a strong breakfast spread. I understand that getting out of the Palm would add an additional 15-30 minutes to my travel time, which is the only reason I'm really considering other properties.

Loose itinerary would be afternoon tea at La Farine @ JW Marriot (open to other suggestions as well), Mall of the Emirates, Burj Khalifa, a day trip to Abu Dhabi, and figuring out dinner for 3 nights. Too much of a hassle to stay within the Palm?
Burj al Arab for afternoon tea..its expensive but a really nice experience. Definitely do Abu dhabi..if so do dinner at one of the restaurants in the Emirates palace hotel..they take the tables outside ..if it's not too hot...we were there end of October and it a a magical setting. We had dinner at pier chic in the palm area..beautiful setting on the water with views of the burj at night..lots of changing light and colors. Ski Dubai is a lot of fun..
StephenW likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by fvn1312
Have a stay here next week, was at the Conrad many times before, never had any complaints and i would call me as demanding.

I will report on my impressions, including the actually situation with the prostitutes, security and loud music in the night.
Unfortunately i have to confirm all the bad thinks.

First I had a room on the 43th floor and the music was at 11 o´clock so loud, that i decide to change the room. I receive another room in the 26th floor, also the was loud music from the club/lounge which is placed in level 7th.

The time that diamonds get a suite upgrade is also over, all type of suites was available, but I only receive a executive room.

Breakfast is totally overcrowded and the food from bad quality. In all departments you see cost cuttings.

The fridge for soft drinks in the lounge was the must time empty and you have to order it.

It´s true too, that the hole lobby is in the evening full with girls.

I can not recommend this hotel anymore.
StephenW likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:59 pm

down to #111 on tripadvisor
Old May 7, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond

Appreciate the follow-up. Just canceled my reservation. Will probably end up booking at the JW Marriot Marquis as I decided that the WA is a bit of a hassle if leaving the property frequently.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:14 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by StephenW
Appreciate the follow-up. Just canceled my reservation. Will probably end up booking at the JW Marriot Marquis as I decided that the WA is a bit of a hassle if leaving the property frequently.
You will not go far wrong with the JW Marquis, we have had three recent stays - all pretty much faultless - great Club floor & no noise.
StephenW likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club, HHonors Diamond

First I had a room on the 43th floor and the music was at 11 o´clock so loud, that i decide to change the room. I receive another room in the 26th floor, also the was loud music from the club/lounge which is placed in level 7th.

The time that diamonds get a suite upgrade is also over, all type of suites was available, but I only receive a executive room.

Breakfast is totally overcrowded and the food from bad quality. In all departments you see cost cuttings.

The fridge for soft drinks in the lounge was the must time empty and you have to order it.

It´s true too, that the hole lobby is in the evening full with girls.

Conrad Dubai gave guarantees that they would tackle these issues immediately, yet it seems that they just issue more empty promises.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Currently staying here on a 2 night stay. I booked a "king deluxe corner room" which was the same price as the standard King Deluxe room (all of 330 AED per night!)

Upgraded prior to check-in to what I guess is a King Executive Suite, but which also has a separate kitchen which doesn't seem to be listed in the description for a normal suite.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
King Executive Suite has a full bath and kitchen area
King Deluxe Suite has no bath only has a shower and kitchen area
if you got either for 330dhs a night you got an absolute bargain, enjoy
Old May 17, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PaulH1
King Deluxe Suite has no bath only has a shower and kitchen area
if you got either for 330dhs a night you got an absolute bargain, enjoy
That's the one I got. And yes, I am enjoying it
Old May 24, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
I had a stay last Friday night and it was quite good. I visited several Hilton family properties during my trips to Dubai, but this was the first time for me at the Conrad, and I was worried reading here many recent bad reviews, expecially because I had a non refundable reservation booked during the juanuary honors sales.

Probably being the first Friday after the beginning of the Ramadan, the hotel was extremely quiet. Absolutely no loud music at night and no girls at the reception. The lounge experience was good and, in my opinion, one of the best in town: relaxed atmosphere, plenty of food, good staff and service. I had the breakfast at the almost empty Ballarň restaurant and it was good. During the check-in I also received a couple of welcome drinks, valid at Cave or Maison Rouge.

Booked the basic room (king de luxe with skyline view) and was upgraded to an executive corner room at the 43rd floor, not a big upgrade but no problem for a one day stay, with the most part of the following morning spent at the 6th floor pool.

The only disappointment was about the rate: as I said I booked many of the stays for my UAE trip during the january honors sales and for the cheapest room (the king deluxe with skyline view) I paid 412 AED plus taxes (total 538 AED) with a 25% discount compared to the standard prepaid advance booking, and the date chosen for the Conrad was one of the cheapest of the month of May, but a few days before my stay the hotel started selling rooms at 330-370 AED refundable (all non executive rooms, including corner rooms, were at the same price), and these prices are available during the Holy month of Ramadan. So if compared with the disconted rates I found during the sales the saving now is about 50%.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
That's the reason why I book flexible rate and change it when price drops and it often drops in Hilton and Marriott.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
That's the reason why I book flexible rate and change it when price drops and it often drops in Hilton and Marriott.
I perfectly know: sometimes you win sometimes you lose...

When I travel for leisure I usually prefer to book prepaid stays, expecially if I can benefit of some kind of sales, and I never had problems. For my 2 weeks trip to UAE I booked the most part of my stays in january and march, during the Honors sales.

In a total of 11 different stays in various hotels in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, I experienced a price drop only in two hotels: in one case of about 10 AED (2,4 euros) and in the second case at the Conrad with a drop of about 60-90 AED taxes included (15-22 euros) and I put a range because several categories of rooms were sold at the same price. I can esily afford a loss of 22 euros, considering that hotels in Dubai in this season are quite inexpensive, because for the other stays I saved a lot of money with the advanced bookings during the sales (more than 500 AED) so my advanced booking plan is still profitable considering my travel pattern.

What is strange, and this is the reason I ended my previous post with the comment about the rates, is that the price drop for a room at the Conrad in the last weeks of May, even if not relevant for the mere amount of money involved, is in the range of 50% and more if compared with the rates shown in juanuary or february for the same dates, and this in my experience is quite unusual.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
In the middle of my first stay here. I read a lot of concerning stuff on this thread but thought it would be ok due to it being Ramadan and was right, everywhere is very quiet.

Question: Is Maison Rouge some sort of burlesque/strip club when it is not Ramadan? I just ate there and the food was good, but there were lots of what can only be described and podiums or stages in between the tables.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:50 pm

We were looking at the Conrad for a stay in August, but this thread has made us reconsider. We then thought the WA would be a nice splurge, but the distance from town makes that hard to work with. We've finally settled on The Walk, I hope that's a good area for first time visitors!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:11 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Suzzin
We were looking at the Conrad for a stay in August, but this thread has made us reconsider. We then thought the WA would be a nice splurge, but the distance from town makes that hard to work with. We've finally settled on The Walk, I hope that's a good area for first time visitors!
Hitlon Dubai the Walk is a great hotel in a wonderful location. It's a great area for visitors with so much to do in the immediate vicinity. Loads of restaurants on the Walk and the Beach in front of the hotel and the Marina behind the hotel. Have stayed at the Conrad, the Waldorf Astoria and the Walk and definitely think the Walk is in the best location with the facilities of the adjacent Jumeirah Beach Hilton and it's pool and beach available to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.