Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by SK AAR
^

Stay away from the lounge during these hours or leave your children in the room if you are really keen on visiting the lounge.
I believe children do not belong in hotel lounges.
But as we are travelling with a couple of families I am wondering if there is an alternative venue at the hotel that we can all enjoy together and that will supply drinks and canapes.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
As part of a number of different requests, they responded as follows:

"Please be informed we can provide an early check-in as a subject to availability, it can be confirmed by our Front Office colleagues upon your arrival; as a Gold HHonors you are entitled for a space available room upgrade to the next room category, we well-noted your preference for a King-Size bed and the Corner Room, you will as well be entitled to enjoy the Executive Lounge access during your stay with us."

And on my stay last night, I was again provided lounge access without asking, on a Points and Money reward.
This is the reply I got from the hotel last week regarding Lounge access to HH Gold members

"Greetings from Conrad Dubai.

Thank you for your interest in our hotel for your upcoming trip to Dubai.

Please note that room upgrade for Gold HHonors members is a subject to a hotel availability on arrival.

In case if you were upgraded to a room type with Executive Lounge access, then you will be able to use Executive Lounge on a complimentary basis.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Conrad Dubai Reservations.

Thank you and Best Regards,"
Old May 7, 2015, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I recently stayed at this property. What a great hotel! New and very grand hotel with a huge impressive lobby. I had a big corner room and it was well maintained/equiped; I hardly noticed any wear and tear. Huge bathroom. There is a big pool with many sunbeds on 6th floor + a nice gym too. Rates are quite high - even for Dubai.

The hotel is next to a the Metro station (World Trade Center St.) which makes it very easy to connect to the airport (18 minutes only to terminal 1) and other parts in Dubai. In general, a taxi in Dubai is cheap though.

As HH Gold I was upgraded to a room on a high floor with executive lounge access (EL is on 24th floor). The staff in the lounge was great; great service. Alcohol and various hot dishes (canapeers) are served from 6PM to 8PM.

I had breakfast in the restaurant on the 6th floor. A very impressive and extensive buffet with many different hot dishes, eggs cooked to order etc. As my rate included breakfast I do not know if HH Golds or Diamonds can have breakfast in the restaurant as part of their HHonors benefits if upgraded to a room with execute lounge access.

Late check-out until 3PM was granted without problems.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
As my rate included breakfast I do not know if HH Golds or Diamonds can have breakfast in the restaurant as part of their HHonors benefits if upgraded to a room with execute lounge access.

As a Gold that was upgraded to the Executive Floor, breakfast at the restaurant was an included option.

Second this is a great hotel with a convenient location right next to the Metro. Late check-out was provided for us as well.

Old May 8, 2015, 7:08 am

Nice to hear of the positive experiences. I am going to be there for 5 nights ending on New Year's, so not really expecting an upgrade since it's busy season, but great to hear about the good F&B, service, pool, etc.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:54 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Stayed this week for 4 nights, upgraded to a King Deluxe suite from cheapest room. Being Ramadan the hotel is nowhere near full. Great little Bose sound system in room, everything still looks new in this circa 2 year old hotel.
Great property, attentive staff, will use again with no hesitation. No alcohol in lounge or anywhere else in the hotel before 8pm, so if you want food / booze use room service and your mini bar. The Marco Pierre White grill is closed until end of Ramadan.
The cave is a good spot for late night snacks / drinks and was pleasantly surprised with choice / prices.
Plenty of meeting rooms, service here though was a bit spotty.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Beano HK
Being Ramadan the hotel is nowhere near full.

No alcohol in lounge or anywhere else in the hotel before 8pm, so if you want food / booze use room service and your mini bar.
Is the 8PM normal or due to it being Ramadan?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:19 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Portolan
Is the 8PM normal or due to it being Ramadan?
Its because of Ramadan. No booze is served at hotels/restaurants anywhere in Dubai (by law) until 8pm during Ramadan.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Its because of Ramadan. No booze is served at hotels/restaurants anywhere in Dubai (by law) until 8pm during Ramadan.
Thanks. We'll be there in November, so not a problem.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I recently stayed at this property. What a great hotel! New and very grand hotel with a huge impressive lobby. I had a big corner room and it was well maintained/equiped; I hardly noticed any wear and tear. Huge bathroom. There is a big pool with many sunbeds on 6th floor + a nice gym too. Rates are quite high - even for Dubai.

The hotel is next to a the Metro station (World Trade Center St.) which makes it very easy to connect to the airport (18 minutes only to terminal 1) and other parts in Dubai. In general, a taxi in Dubai is cheap though.

As HH Gold I was upgraded to a room on a high floor with executive lounge access (EL is on 24th floor). The staff in the lounge was great; great service. Alcohol and various hot dishes (canapeers) are served from 6PM to 8PM.

I had breakfast in the restaurant on the 6th floor. A very impressive and extensive buffet with many different hot dishes, eggs cooked to order etc. As my rate included breakfast I do not know if HH Golds or Diamonds can have breakfast in the restaurant as part of their HHonors benefits if upgraded to a room with execute lounge access.

Great comments. We have a reward stay booked in February and looking forward to this property.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:48 pm

Debating staying here in October as I am a diamond. How is diamond treatment here? Do they have any laundry benefits for diamond members?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Does this property offer stuffed camels as an amenity?
I was surprised they didn't leave one in the room. was told you needed to purchase them.

I stayed for one night on a layover and was very impressed. I booked a cheap rate and was upgraded to the Conrad Suite as a HHD. I stopped in the lounge for breakfast, but ended up eating downstairs.

Would definitely be a property i will check out again.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
View from Hotel

I'm currently reserved in a Sea View room that is noted to also have a Sheikh Zayed Road view. I also noticed a Skyline room option.

Can any experienced travelers let me know their thoughts on the preferred room view plane? I assume the sea view is preferred for the view, but how about noise as an issue?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:51 pm

Noise not an issue at that sort of height.

Sea view is not actually that nice, as it's not a resort beach type of scenery - you're not missing out much vs. SZR view. And anyway the Club Lounge has the sea view where you can look.

Haven't stayed at a skyline view but if it looks directly onto SZR that might in fact be the best view.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
I'm currently reserved in a Sea View room that is noted to also have a Sheikh Zayed Road view. I also noticed a Skyline room option.

Can any experienced travelers let me know their thoughts on the preferred room view plane? I assume the sea view is preferred for the view, but how about noise as an issue?

Many thanks!
For all the things that TA is bad at, one thing that I have found it to be really fantastic for is pictures, because people dump so many of them up there. So for a big property, odds are there is literally a picture of anything you can imagine. In this case, the TA site for the property has an entire subcategory of photos titled "View from Room" with 27 pictures in it. So between those it should give you a pretty good overview of what you might expect from different vantage points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.