Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Old Jan 31, 22, 9:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by residentx View Post
It's actually the norm in Dubai, very few thermal suites/areas are mixed.
I believe this is the norm in most countries outside of the Western world/continent - especially in places where it is down to your birthday costume.
Old Feb 5, 22, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Back to Dubai

Hi,

Have booked another 4 night stay here for start of March.

Originally going to Venice but talking with my mum and she would like to go on holiday this year ( has not been for 2 years since Toronto in 2019) but does not like wearing masks for a long time so long haul is out but is interested in Venice so will go there later this year.
Decided then on Dubai to see the Expo again.
Will spend the first 2 nights in dubai at the Rove Expo ( saves on transport time) to see the Expo at night and beat some of the queues in the morning then go to the expo.

Have booked a King Deluxe Corner view ( panoramic view). This time as it is a direct booking , I should be upgraded ( my last visit was a BA Holiday deal)
Will remember to ask to buy the camel at checkin this time!

I had considered the Doubletree M hotel but decided on the Conrad again ( the JBR hotels are at least AED 500 per night more expensive)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 5, 22, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

Originally going to Venice but talking with my mum and she would like to go on holiday this year ( has not been for 2 years since Toronto in 2019) but does not like wearing masks for a long time so long haul is out but is interested in Venice so will go there later this year.
Will spend the first 2 nights in dubai at the Rove Expo ( saves on transport time) to see the Expo at night and beat some of the queues in the morning then go to the expo.

Have booked a King Deluxe Corner view ( panoramic view). This time as it is a direct booking , I should be upgraded ( my last visit was a BA Holiday deal)

I had considered the Doubletree M hotel but decided on the Conrad again ( the JBR hotels are at least AED 500 per night more expensive)

Regards

TBS
Hi TBS,

I'm also heading back to the Conrad in early March. Is the Expo really worth it as haven't made the effort yet to go but thinking might use one day this time to go?

Cheers
Old Feb 5, 22, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travellingberry View Post
Hi TBS,

I'm also heading back to the Conrad in early March. Is the Expo really worth it as haven't made the effort yet to go but thinking might use one day this time to go?

Cheers

Hi,

I was there in late November/early December and spending part of 3 days there and loved it and did not see anywhere near half of it. The architecture is amazing and a lot of the exhibits are fascinating ( ie Singapore has walkway through greenery like the Gardens in the Bay and the Netherlands gave out umbrellas onto which images were projected. A lot of the smaller pavillions had cultural displays ( ie Bhutan, Solomon islands) with citizens from those countries willing to talk about their culture ( and the smaller pavillions were less visited so they had more time to talk to you . In addition there are foods from around the world and the shows. Night time is supposed to be excellent with the pavillions and the plaza illuminated. Some pavillions are better than others ( I found Bahrain a bit of a dissappointment with a large pavillion but few displays but Singapore, France ,China, New Zealand very good) but overall it is excellent. . It is about 1 hour door to door from the Conrad using the metro ( nice views of dubai enroute) and lots of walking involved. It finishes at the end of March and worthwhile going. . I did find all the walking did tire you so by mid afternoon ( I arrivied aobut 1030am) I was getting tired so went back to the pool at the conrad so did not see it at night

There is dedicated thread in the Middle east forum for some more info.;
Expo 2020 Dubai UAE

Regards

TBS
Travellingberry likes this.
Old Feb 5, 22, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Hi,

Regards

TBS
Is there some hidden message for us in here, apart from the fact that you are going to Dubai?
Old Feb 5, 22, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbams View Post
Is there some hidden message for us in here, apart from the fact that you are going to Dubai?
Hi

Sorry . No hidden message

Regards

Tbs
NoY likes this.
Old Feb 6, 22, 5:32 pm

I see a rate of £127 here, all in. Is that bite your hand off territory or just a good deal?
Old Feb 6, 22, 6:13 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Gold/Emerald, ITA Exec/ST Elite+, EY Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
I see a rate of £127 here, all in. Is that bite your hand off territory or just a good deal?
Its a decent rate but not exceptional & I have seen (& paid lower) - very much dependant upon time of year etc etc etc.....
Old Feb 6, 22, 7:07 pm

Thanks. It's for this week?

The Curio/Canopy Al-Seef as well as the V are dirt cheap right now. Like £60 a night.
Old Feb 7, 22, 2:29 am

hugolover, not sure what room category you are looking at but from my point of view this is a very high rate, never had to pay that much during any of my stays (consistently below €100) - admittedly, booking less than a week out and the Expo still running might have an influence.

Al-Seef is not my cup of coffee - but if the Curio V is half the price, although I adore the Conrad, I would definitely opt for the former.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 11, 22, 4:05 am

Question about the Executive Lounge, in case we get upgraded.

How substantial are the food & drinks offerings? I see that there is afternoon tea, canapes from 18-20 and then late-night snacks. How substantial are they each? And particulary the last one, as we will be arriving around ~22:00. Says the executive lounge is open until 23:00. To our bodies this will be about dinner time.

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 22, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ArnoldB View Post
Question about the Executive Lounge, in case we get upgraded.

How substantial are the food & drinks offerings? I see that there is afternoon tea, canapes from 18-20 and then late-night snacks. How substantial are they each? And particulary the last one, as we will be arriving around ~22:00. Says the executive lounge is open until 23:00. To our bodies this will be about dinner time.

Thanks

hi.
I was there in early December and my experiences were

Afternoon tea from 1300 to 1500
few wraps deserts and cookies. . OK for a light snack

Evening snacks 1700 to 2000
Children are allowed until 1800.
Alcohol served from 1800 to 2000 ( with same selection of food as from 1700)

Usually a choice of three hot items but an excellent selection of cold items and a choice of maybe 5 desserts in individual pots.
soft drinks and coffee are self service
Alcohol.is provided by the attendants.
food removed promptly at 2000.
Good enough for a meal esp with a number of desserts.
Cookies available afterwards

Lounge closed at 2200 when I was there

If you are hungry when arriving at 2200 you will need to eat elsewhere. I think kimpo is open late and you can get a bit of udon noodles to take away to your room
Regards

Tbs
ArnoldB likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 11, 22 at 5:09 am
Old Feb 11, 22, 6:53 am

Thanks for the info. So I guess that means they close earlier due to covid and also not provide those late-night snacks that are advertized on the hilton page
Old Feb 11, 22, 6:54 am

Also, is the VII Dubai cocktail bar, which seems to be in the conrad building, part of the hotel as well? As in the 25% off promo applying and getting HH points
Old Feb 11, 22, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ArnoldB View Post
Also, is the VII Dubai cocktail bar, which seems to be in the conrad building, part of the hotel as well? As in the 25% off promo applying and getting HH points

Hi

Sorry . I don't know about that. However will be back at the conrad for 4 nights at the start of March so will report on my experiences after my stay

Regards

Tbs

Search this Thread