Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:54 am

Just had a three night stay here. All is as usual, I was upgraded to an Executive Suite (highest level apart from the Royal) and my room was available super early at 8am.

Current COVID caveats;

* The lounge opens at 11am - from this time it serves non-alcoholic soft drinks and tea/coffee with food options being a chocolate/date cookie.
* Evening drinks are served in the lounge from 6–8pm. The service was incredibly slow. Each night I only managed two drinks in the two hours. Choice is red/white wine, Budweiser/Henieken beer, white rum, vodka, whiskey and gin. The only food option is a small box with four canapés in. This only slightly varied each night. You are only allowed one box per person - lots of complaints about this in the lounge. Their response ‘it says on the website limited service’ and ‘local law only permits this’ - a slight untruth as is spent a week at the Ritz Carlton with four different food presentations and flowing drinks from noon to 10pm. Local law only prevents a self service buffet.
* Breakfast is only served in the 6th floor buffet restaurant which is busy busy. A reduced range of items, still pretty decent though, served from behind Perspex. Expect people stockpiling food and queues for each station at peak times.
* Pool towels are left in the room in a plastic bag. First day we only had one towel and then none the rest of the time. They give small towels out at the pool. Lifeguards put a paper topper on the lounger before you sit down.
* Diamond members get 25% off in the restaurants at the moment. This makes the pool bar and Korean restaurants a must try. Kimpo is a really cool venue with great service but we were the only ones in there on the night we tried.
kilo, englisha, arlflyer and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is still 25% off as a diamond in the restaurants?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:59 am

Yes, for all Hilton hotels in Dubai - 25% off food and drink and 500 points - through to May 2021.

https://www.hilton.com/en/p/eat-drink-save/
englisha and danieltravel like this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by 8420PR
Yes, for all Hilton hotels in Dubai - 25% off food and drink and 500 points - through to May 2021.

https://www.hilton.com/en/p/eat-drink-save/
Thanks - wish I had known this prior to being at the Sheraton for a week!

Interestingly enough, the Conrad Dubai is not on their participating hotel list. However, the hotel confirmed with me directly just there that they are running the promotion so all is good.

thanks
Old Dec 31, 2020, 2:31 am

The list of hotels for the 25% discount is at the this link and includes the conrad:: https://www.hilton.com/en/p/eat-drin...ms-conditions/

The list of hotels on the original link I posted was just for the special burger.

We stayed 2 nights at the Conrad mid December and the Conrad was the only hotel that proactively offered the discount and is the reason I know about it. We booked a half board rate, which was very good value. The service from all employees was great, but they are somewhat let down by the cost cutting mentioned here such as executive lounge food, nespresso capsule limits etc. Breakfast was good quality but incredibly poorly organised (the HGI mall of emirates managed a better breakfast service and organisation). A lot of people were very loudly complaining in the lounge and at breakfast. Overall, we had a great time (for the rate we paid) and would go back.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 8:24 am

Not entirely off-topic, but was reading this interesting article on Dubai as a destination for Jewish tourists and noted the photos showing the Conrad as the venue for some Hanukah events. Looks like they have found a unique new target customer!
shillard likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:42 am

I need to be in Dubai a few weeks time. I am HH Diamond.

The best deal I ca get is through BA Holidays.

Do you know this property will give me status benefits? I know I wont get points ( I do not think) but Lounge Access in DXB can be of some benefit (even if service is slow) and the 25% discount on F&B would be helpful.

Alternatively, do properties have the ability to do a "price match"?
Old Jan 20, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flieduk

Do you know this property will give me status benefits? I know I wont get points ( I do not think) but Lounge Access in DXB can be of some benefit (even if service is slow) and the 25% discount on F&B would be helpful.

They might offer benefits but it certainly isn't guaranteed.

Have you thought about booking via an Impresario rate? At the moment I'm sure they have 3 nights for the price of 4. Plus you get the $100 (AED350ish) hotel credit. Might work out cheaper than BA Hols.

Drop me a message if you want a rough price on how much it would be. (I can do a dummy change on an existing booking I have to get a price).

Need to book via an agent, just Google "Impresario travel agents" or I can send you the details of the one I have used before.
englisha likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond

For the 25% F&B discount part, you should be fine as the fine print states "All staying and non-staying Members are entitled to this Offer,.." so I looks like you don't even have to be staying to get the discount

https://www.hilton.com/en/p/eat-drin...ms-conditions/
Old Feb 19, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals

Did you end up staying at this property? How are they treating Diamonds w.r.t. upgrades, late check outs, etc.?

Originally Posted by residentx
Just had a three night stay here. All is as usual, I was upgraded to an Executive Suite (highest level apart from the Royal) and my room was available super early at 8am.

Current COVID caveats;

* The lounge opens at 11am - from this time it serves non-alcoholic soft drinks and tea/coffee with food options being a chocolate/date cookie.
* Evening drinks are served in the lounge from 6–8pm. The service was incredibly slow. Each night I only managed two drinks in the two hours. Choice is red/white wine, Budweiser/Henieken beer, white rum, vodka, whiskey and gin. The only food option is a small box with four canapés in. This only slightly varied each night. You are only allowed one box per person - lots of complaints about this in the lounge. Their response ‘it says on the website limited service’ and ‘local law only permits this’ - a slight untruth as is spent a week at the Ritz Carlton with four different food presentations and flowing drinks from noon to 10pm. Local law only prevents a self service buffet.
* Breakfast is only served in the 6th floor buffet restaurant which is busy busy. A reduced range of items, still pretty decent though, served from behind Perspex. Expect people stockpiling food and queues for each station at peak times.
* Pool towels are left in the room in a plastic bag. First day we only had one towel and then none the rest of the time. They give small towels out at the pool. Lifeguards put a paper topper on the lounger before you sit down.
* Diamond members get 25% off in the restaurants at the moment. This makes the pool bar and Korean restaurants a must try. Kimpo is a really cool venue with great service but we were the only ones in there on the night we tried.
Perfect! Thanks for sharing your experience. I was put off after reading a lot of the earlier comments (from about 2 years ago), but I am glad that you were treated well as a Diamond. I have a 3 night stay coming up, and I am shortlisting this property as a strong contender.

A few questions:
Did you get the upgrade from a base level room?
Did you reach out to the hotel ahead of time with your requests (if yes, any specific emails that you used)?

Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:04 am

No, I had booked a exec room, it was Vegas-style low price though ($110 a night). They are normally quite strict on the one category upgrade but this was actually two. I am a regular visitor though, and occupancy was low.

I booked on the same day, so didn’t have time to communicate with them. I have on previous stays and they have always been responsive.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:13 am

I would recommend the doubletree at business bay. It's light years better than the Conrad and they treat diamonds well. It's also a steal on points.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by saaveraward
I would recommend the doubletree at business bay. It's light years better than the Conrad and they treat diamonds well. It's also a steal on points.
It's newer, but I wouldn't say light years better. The location is also a little awkward compares to the Conrad.

But yes, I've always been treated well there.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
It's newer, but I wouldn't say light years better. The location is also a little awkward compares to the Conrad.

But yes, I've always been treated well there.
Perhaps I'm biased because the conrd was my worst hotel style worldwide in the past 5 years but YMMV.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Just got back from a 5 night reward stay at the Conrad Dubai. Check in was quick, wasn't asked about covid tests and was upgraded to an executive floor. The lounge was getting back to normal, with a limited breakfast on offer and food and drinks in the evenings. It wasn't that busy any of the nights and we had no problems getting as many drinks as we liked during the 2 hours with attentive service. The food offerings were better than the boxes described earlier in the thread, i'd say about half of what used to be on offer. There were 2 salads every evening, 2 hot 'snacks' (samosa/potato roll kind of things), a decent selection of cheese, 2 different canapes and some local offerings. Also a choice of 3 mini deserts.....As we were expecting the boxes from this thread, we were happily surprised. The pool area was much like before, with only staff wearing masks around the pool area and towels there rather than in the rooms. They also had a business lunch offering for 49 AED in Bliss restaurant for a starter, Main and desert.

We were very happy with our stay
Abidjan and 8420PR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.