Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:50 pm

Rome Cavalieri will be 70,000 - 80,000 (depending on the month)
Bora Bora will be 95,000
Koh Samui = 95,000

*vomit*
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by christianj
I love when they post these changes and make the file so user friendly. Who the hell looks for a property by its name? Why not publish the list by state/city and country/city for foreign properties? Oh wait....because that would be too easy and we would quickly be able to look up the changes.
Touche. Marriott did the same damn thing.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Coolers
Exactly the same situation. Will be moving my stays to SPG anyways just because I think they are least likely to spring these massive devaluations on us.
SPG and Marriott have both already announced devaluations in the past month or so. Both were milder than this one.

It seems that the industry-wide business model is changing a bit...moving away from the emphasis on loyalty programs and elite benefits. Maybe the brands have concluded that we (the group attracted to such programs) aren't as profitable as once thought.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by pinniped
SPG and Marriott have both already announced devaluations in the past month or so. Both were milder than this one.

It seems that the industry-wide business model is changing a bit...moving away from the emphasis on loyalty programs and elite benefits. Maybe the brands have concluded that we (the group attracted to such programs) aren't as profitable as once thought.
Actually, SPG is still due for their annual category change soon.
They announced not too long ago, they were going to have one in mid-Feb i believe.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I would agree but do believe that AXON seems to still survive by the slimmest of margins, but the GLONs are a goner.
This is my last remaining glimmer of hope that somehow, AXON will survive and its devaluation won't be as bad as the regular redemption.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
I dont understand why people are so shocked at this devaluation...

Obviously Hilton had to respond once Marriott announced their horrific changes. They cant let Marriott beat them!

I'm glad order in the world is restored and Hilton has regained their crown.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped

The move away from Marriott was only due to the gutting of Cat 4 properties and while SPG C+P changes were disappointing, I don't expect any other major programs to increase redemption rates at top properties by almost double.

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by tomy77
Actually, SPG is still due for their annual category change soon.
They announced not too long ago, they were going to have one in mid-Feb i believe.
The Priority Club devaluation is looking a lot better as well.

Maybe they will run another Luckiest Loser promotion.

David
Suspended

These changes are more like IHG's changes, just like IHG points are more like HHonors points that Marriott points.

To use the PDF, hit the search button "binoculars" and then type in the Category desired, clicking exact match -- you will pull up what hotels are in what categories.

Also, contrary to what has been stated, all inclusive hotels still seem to exist -- not sure what the rate will be, however.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Seabilly
I think their wording is clear as mud. I also read it that even if I don't modify an existing reservation the new rates will apply if I redeem after March 28th. (or am I misunderstanding "redeeming"? to me it is actually staying there, not reserving). Think I'll have to call in to see what they say.
YOU ARE MISUNDERSTANDING!!

And, unecessarily worrying readers!!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
What a load of BS. I was just about to book a few revenue stays but that isn't happening any longer. I have 400,000 points on the books right now as a gold... looks like I'll be burning through them. I've got the Hilton AMEX and Citi Visa that I use as my two exclusive credit cards. I'll be shopping for a new card tonight.

This is the kind of stuff that is pushing me towards being loyal to a reseller like Hotels.com or Priceline instead of an actual chain like Hilton. That path doesn't get me status, but that's almost worthless nowadays save for a small handful of properties that give you benefits commensurate with your status level. It also gives you infinite flexibility to book stays at any hotel you want almost anywhere.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking to spend a couple of nights in London this Fall, and was planning on either the Hilton Park Lane or Green Park (there are three of us).

Last time I checked there was plenty of availability, so I dithered while deciding.

When I got the email, I quickly hied off to hilton.com. Ugh.

Park Lane - no availability (a room for 2 is still 50K, though).

Green Park - rooms availabile, but "Premium" rate only, 72K+. Since we have to stay somewhere, I bit the bullet and booked it.

Having dumped Marriott, it's now Hilton's turn, and I'm back to Choice (who?) where we've had some very nice vacation stays in Europe at 8-10K/night.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:09 pm

And to think, I'm sitting here waiting for my new Citi HHonors card in the mail.

When I signed up, I though It would put me in line for an AXON award. Now I'll be lucky to get 2 free nights.

Time to shift more spend to the SPG card. Even with 6 points / $ - I think I'd rather have one SPG point.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Really interested on the impact to VIP awards. These are generally the only ones I cash in on..
Me to, the T&C's removed any reference to these last year and I wondered at the time whether VIP GLON's days were numbered. I think it's fair to assume they've gone.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Originally Posted by sullim4
What a load of BS. I was just about to book a few revenue stays but that isn't happening any longer. I have 400,000 points on the books right now as a gold... looks like I'll be burning through them. I've got the Hilton AMEX and Citi Visa that I use as my two exclusive credit cards. I'll be shopping for a new card tonight.

This is the kind of stuff that is pushing me towards being loyal to a reseller like Hotels.com or Priceline instead of an actual chain like Hilton. That path doesn't get me status, but that's almost worthless nowadays save for a small handful of properties that give you benefits commensurate with your status level. It also gives you infinite flexibility to book stays at any hotel you want almost anywhere.
HYATT STATUS + PRICELINE STAY = Perfect World!!!

Trust Me!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.