Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by ehallison
Well, don't I feel silly...staying in Hiltons this week after canceling all Marriott stays due to their huge devaluation.

I can move next week's stays to SPG, but they haven't announced their deval yet.
I am in your boat. Just moved to Hilton after a platinum status match/challenge. Now Diamond. Still in all, I like Hilton's properties and service much better, so I will be staying. Besides, few Starwoods or Hyatts in most of the areas I frequent...
Old Apr 8, 2013, 11:15 pm

Just noticed this. Diamond here. Glad I burned my points at the Conrad Tokyo last year. Been moving all my stays to Hyatt. Top cat(6) = 22k. 1k bonus amenity for diamonds too.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Smile Hilton HHonors Members

Guys. Guess you all know rewards are just that, rewards and redemption is only available on any scheme to suit the company offering the redemption... NOT the collector of the rewards... Brands are not loyal to you, why be loyal to them. Shop around, it is your buying power that dictates offers.. Book redemption rooms then rates go up for other punters, don't book then they will have to bring their rates /points levels down to get business,. if you are all cosy in visiting a group / company just because you get a free breakfast or drink in the lounge...just be aware YOU are paying for it one way or another... my advice, shop around, loyalty hmmmm I don't think so.... Was an ex hotelier, believe me I know.... By all means stick to one particular brand but boy do you pay for it and the recent increase in HHpoints is testament to that... PS if anyone wants to transfer their points to little ole me.... happy to receive them and try to buck the system so if you are NOT using them, do let me know.... Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by TravellingNomad
Guys. Guess you all know rewards are just that, rewards and redemption is only available on any scheme to suit the company offering the redemption... NOT the collector of the rewards... Brands are not loyal to you, why be loyal to them. Shop around, it is your buying power that dictates offers.. Book redemption rooms then rates go up for other punters, don't book then they will have to bring their rates /points levels down to get business,. if you are all cosy in visiting a group / company just because you get a free breakfast or drink in the lounge...just be aware YOU are paying for it one way or another... my advice, shop around, loyalty hmmmm I don't think so.... Was an ex hotelier, believe me I know.... By all means stick to one particular brand but boy do you pay for it and the recent increase in HHpoints is testament to that... PS if anyone wants to transfer their points to little ole me.... happy to receive them and try to buck the system so if you are NOT using them, do let me know.... Thanks
Welcome to FT TravellingNomad!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:44 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
cat 7 waldorf astorias

http://www.elconresort.com/
http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en...PWA/index.html
Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah Al Hamra Real Estate Hotel
Old May 23, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
What a Rip-Off

I've been Diamond for several years but I'm beginning to wonder if it means anything.

I just stayed at an HGI in DC and then then at a Hampton NYC - North Times Square @ 40K per night - this was just a few weeks ago.

If I read the new charts correctly they have DOUBLED the points for these properties. At first I thought it was just during vacation period so I ran a mock reservation for the exact same dates I stayed last month in 2014 and sure enough, the hotels were now 80K per night.

WHAT is going on????
Old May 23, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by coastda
I've been Diamond for several years but I'm beginning to wonder if it means anything.

I just stayed at an HGI in DC and then then at a Hampton NYC - North Times Square @ 40K per night - this was just a few weeks ago.

If I read the new charts correctly they have DOUBLED the points for these properties. At first I thought it was just during vacation period so I ran a mock reservation for the exact same dates I stayed last month in 2014 and sure enough, the hotels were now 80K per night.

WHAT is going on????
You just heard about the deval?

I should bring you up to date then. In other news, Obama got elected twice, the Red Sox finally won the world series again, and Neil Armstrong landed on the moon
Old May 23, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond / Marriott - Platinum / SPG - Platinum / Priority Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
You just heard about the deval?

I should bring you up to date then. In other news, Obama got elected twice, the Red Sox finally won the world series again, and Neil Armstrong landed on the moon

^
Old May 23, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by d20513
^
I knew there were changes but they actually doubled the points in the last four WEEKS?
Old May 23, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm staying in SLC tonight for 20k. Am I slumming it?
Old May 23, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
As a long time Hilton Honors member (since 2002), I am moving past them and considering other options. I understand that most are getting more and more devalued and they are not alone, but for our trips, we are struggling to keep up the way we used to. I have the credit card (Citi Signature), but as reward member of Marriott also, as well as a cardholder of their Chase card, we find that we are getting more bang for the buck there.

They are all so devalued now, I am starting to wonder if any of them are worth it outside of the brands like LaQuinta.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by coastda
I knew there were changes but they actually doubled the points in the last four WEEKS?
Count yourself lucky. Some have gone up more than 2x
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:35 pm

surprised at how poor hhonors redemption is.

I'm sure I'm not the only one complaining but just needed to vent. Been staying at both hampton and holiday inn properties over the last year. Earned 45k at Hilton and 50k at priority club. Decided to use some of the points to take a little vacation. Checked rates at both hotels in town and in both cases they were about $140/night. The difference is that the holiday inn cost 15k in points per night but the Hampton costs 50k per night. I was able to book 3 free nights at holiday inn but couldn't even book a single night at Hampton. The properties are very comparable. This was my first time redeeming rewards points so kinda shocked at how many honors points are required. Looks like ill choose Hilton properties in the future.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We recently experienced a huge points devaluation - your observations are quite accurate. There are several threads dealing with new award requirements, including AXON awards, etc. and I recommend looking them over - I am sure some will be found in the first few pages.

Some of us are assuming Blackstone is fattening the calf before selling it off. (They paid $26 billion - bet they want more than that.)

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 4, 2013 at 9:12 pm
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:21 pm
In Memoriam

For now, IHG Reward points are "more valuable" for the room redemption and for the casual traveler; IHG is a better deal.

I suspect the new programs with IHG will level the playing field.

A recent stay at Hampton earned me 7910 points sand 2116 Delta Miles; the casual traveler would have received 1540 points and 100 Delta Miles.

Last edited by underpressure; Jul 2, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.