FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1440180-2013-changes-hh-reward-stays-new-cat-more-pts-needed.html)

orr333 Feb 19, 13 3:36 pm

Garbage. I would encourage everyone to send emails to their corporate guys. I did once and got an IMMEDIATE response as a Diamond. Look around the net, you'll find their email addresses.

CalvaryMike Feb 19, 13 3:37 pm

So, who is the best brand to switch too? I've been a loyal Hilton Honors member since the mid 80's. I'm done here. I've loved the brand, but they went to far this time.

concordian Feb 19, 13 3:37 pm

Looks like all good/aspirational properties have increased in points. Well the bad news for the year continues.

jaynyc Feb 19, 13 3:39 pm

Hilton asked me to fill out a survey. Here is what I have to say....
:td::td::td::td::td::td::td::td::td:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kidrah Feb 19, 13 3:41 pm

I am curious to see the effect on AXON awards

travelexpert Feb 19, 13 3:41 pm

This is a massive devaluation.

For example--4 nights at the Conrad Koh Samui is now 145K points or 36K per night with an AXON.

Even in lower season, will now be 64K per night if stay five nights (80K per night with fifth night free)--an 80% increase.

The problem for the major hotel chains is the credit card points being thrown out there like candy. Now have too many points chasing too few rooms--but the chains (like the airlines) have become addicted to the revenue they make from the banks.

So we Road Warriors who stay 100+ nights per year spending $$$ with "heads on beds" are being penalized big time by the credit card junkies.

Just emailed Hyatt Gold Passport requesting a status match.....

Chapel Hill Guy Feb 19, 13 3:42 pm

Three of my favorites:

Conrad Tokyo 80,000 to 95,000
Conrad Hong Kong 80,000
Conrad Singapore 60,000

Also:

Conrad Bali 50,000 to 60,000

This 10+ year diamond is shocked at the scale of this devaluation. I wish SPG had more properties. :(

aldemar Feb 19, 13 3:43 pm

The winner is........Egypt

kchockeyfan Feb 19, 13 3:43 pm

Goodbye Hilton....Hello SPG and Hyatt!

romsdeals3 Feb 19, 13 3:43 pm

THis is terrible!!! Hilton devaluation just as I predicted

CodeAdam10 Feb 19, 13 3:44 pm

Redicolous. Hilton points will now be worth .0030 if we are lucky. I'm really speechless. Makes Hyatt look even better with their highest cat @ 22k. I hope Hyatt keeps it that way, sadly they lack the coverage that Hilton or Marriott offers, otherwise I would never stay elsewhere.

raghu455 Feb 19, 13 3:44 pm

Nooooo! This is terrible news! I hardly got a chance to use my Hilton points!! Paid for the stay in Hawaii thinking I would use points in koh samui :(. This is the worst news of the year by far! Bye bye hilton and hello Hyatt!!

musikdude Feb 19, 13 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert (Post 20278463)
This is a massive devaluation.

For example--4 nights at the Conrad Koh Samui is now 145K points or 36K per night with an AXON.

Even in lower season, will now be 64K per night if stay five nights (80K per night with fifth night free)--an 80% increase.

The problem for the major hotel chains is the credit card points being thrown out there like candy. Now have too many points chasing too few rooms--but the chains (like the airlines) have become addicted to the revenue they make from the banks.

So we Road Warriors who stay 100+ nights per year spending $$$ with "heads on beds" are being penalized big time by the credit card junkies.

Just emailed Hyatt Gold Passport requesting a status match.....

Maybe we can organize a massive "Cancel all your Hilton Credit Cards" day? Send them a message!! :)

timmy83 Feb 19, 13 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly (Post 20277643)
According to the FAQ, even if you already booked a reward stay, if this change affects it, you'll be charged the new rates.

This can't be true. Even if I don't make any modifications? That's lunacy if it is true, but I can hardly see this happening.