Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How to maximise gold with multiple room bookings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:21 am
Original Poster

I have gold HHonors and will be staying for a week with two rooms at Hilton New York, then another week with four rooms at the Capital Hilton. I'm not sure if I'll stay in the Hilton after these stays. I gather that I won't get points for all the rooms, but how can I maximise my gold benefits (upgrades/breakfast/internet etc.) during these stays?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you should get benees for one room of the 2 or 4 and that's limited to if you actually stay in one of the booked rooms........

Originally Posted by sethpwilliams
I have gold HHonors and will be staying for a week with two rooms at Hilton New York, then another week with four rooms at the Capital Hilton. I'm not sure if I'll stay in the Hilton after these stays. I gather that I won't get points for all the rooms, but how can I maximise my gold benefits (upgrades/breakfast/internet etc.) during these stays?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:54 am

BKKLEE is correct. I am certain some will appear to post shortly this is incorrect.

Therefore, you should be aware, per the T&C gold benefits are for the paying and staying member of an eligible stay. So, IF you stay in a room it is for your room only.

It should not be expected that you will receive more. If the hotel grants more, you got lucky. When you have 2 rooms, they may or may not grant bene's for both rooms (not to be expected) and when you have 4 rooms, it is very unlikely to be granted past the 1 room you are in.

Expecting bene's for all the people travelling with a gold member in different rooms is the type of behavior that causes devaluation of these reward programs. It makes me sad. [note: I did not say you are expecting it, just asking the question].
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC, KOP 305
Originally Posted by shoreline
BKKLEE is correct. I am certain some will appear to post shortly this is incorrect.

Therefore, you should be aware, per the T&C gold benefits are for the paying and staying member of an eligible stay. So, IF you stay in a room it is for your room only.

It should not be expected that you will receive more. If the hotel grants more, you got lucky. When you have 2 rooms, they may or may not grant bene's for both rooms (not to be expected) and when you have 4 rooms, it is very unlikely to be granted past the 1 room you are in.
What if a person staying in one of the other rooms is HH Gold - should he/she then expect Gold benefits even though the room is not booked in his/her name?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:15 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Rome77
What if a person staying in one of the other rooms is HH Gold - should he/she then expect Gold benefits even though the room is not booked in his/her name?
Nope. If the room is not registered in their name, it's exactly the same as if they have no status.

Benefits are for the member staying and paying for the room and one other person staying in that room.

It doesn't matter what the status is for the people in the other room, unless they book the room themselves, they are not entitled to benefits.

Many hotels however extend benefits to multiple rooms, but the terms are pretty clear:

Upgrades:
Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking.

Breakfast (depending on brand):
A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:50 am

I agree with Cordelli. The T&C state an eligible stay for the paying member.

This question arises often, and most always is very controversial. So, I guess I should state ymmv (before the onslaught occurs). But the T&C can def. give you guidance on what to expect. Anything outside these terms, you should consider yourself lucky and not expect anything more than what the T&C state.

Some may state they have received bene's for multiple rooms. This should not be misunderstood as 'gold' benefits privileges per the T&C. It is the hotel's generosity.

Unfortunately, these days soooo many people take 'advantage' of the programs that less and less generosity is likely to be seen.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's interesting that they change the terms to make it as clear as possible each time they update them.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
Nope. If the room is not registered in their name, it's exactly the same as if they have no status.

Benefits are for the member staying and paying for the room and one other person staying in that room.

Upgrades:
Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking.

Breakfast (depending on brand):
A complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Originally Posted by shoreline
I agree with Cordelli. The T&C state an eligible stay for the paying member.
Thanks for the help and pointing out these T&C. It useful to know that when several rooms are required, the rooms should be booked separately and paid for by each Gold member for benefits to apply.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Yup, when I book multiple rooms, I am always aware of this.

I booked 2 rooms today for a 6-night stay, and selected 1 room as Room Only rate and the other as a Bed & Breakfast rate. This way I know that I get all of the HH Base Points for both rooms, but I can ensure that my friends will definitely have breakfast included (because I only ever assume that the breakfats will be free for my own room).

Obviously if we all get U/G to Exec Rooms with EL access, then it is irrelevant, but better to be safe than sorry and all that .............................
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Since I have some time to kill, here is what I would do:

Have one of your co-travellers sign up for a Gold after 4 stays promo (I assume you will have at least one co-traveller coming to both trips).

For the first trip book one room under his name for the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th night, so he completes the challenge and makes Gold. Book all the rest under your name to max points.

Book 2 rooms under your name and 2 rooms under your friends name for the second trip.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Nikolaos;20283197
[B
For the first trip book one room under his name for the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th night, so he completes the challenge and makes Gold[/B]. Book all the rest under your name to max points.

Book 2 rooms under your name and 2 rooms under your friends name for the second trip.
I like your way of thinking!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
I like your way of thinking!
Just be prepared to check out every morning and check back in later. The hotel may let you keep the same room but don't have to. If you get a sympathetic manager it should work easily. But don't count on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.