Searching by categories?

Old Feb 16, 13, 11:18 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 548
Searching by categories?

Is it no longer possible to search by hotel categories like all other major chains?
joetro is offline  
Old Feb 17, 13, 12:39 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Posts: 12,685
Originally Posted by joetro View Post
Is it no longer possible to search by hotel categories like all other major chains?
It has never been possible, or at least net easily done(or with correct results). The link in this thread used to partially work sometimes:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-website.html

Also see:
http://members.shaw.ca/deercroft/download.html

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Feb 17, 13 at 12:47 am
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old Feb 17, 13, 12:19 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,689
Originally Posted by joetro View Post
Is it no longer possible to search by hotel categories like all other major chains?
no way to search by categories.

you can just go to hilton.com and search, using the button that says using points to pay, and it will tell you how many points you need for each night, but not the category of the hotel.
shoreline is offline  
Old Feb 17, 13, 3:09 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Worcester, MA, BOS, PVD, BDL, MHT, ??ORH??
Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Posts: 11,924
As BlondeBomber posted in the thead linked to by jerry a. laska above, use this link from a previous version of the HHonors website and change the RewardLevel. The Level 7 hotels show up when clicking the link below. Change the number in RewardLevel=7 to 1-6 and then you can change the country or state if desired.


http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...levels.jhtml.2

I didn't check on each property to see if the results reflect current levels but they seem pretty accurate from glancing at them. At least they will give you an idea.
OB one is offline  
Old Feb 17, 13, 5:17 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DEN
Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Plat, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 17,168
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
It has never been possible, or at least net easily done(or with correct results). The link in this thread used to partially work sometimes:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-website.html

Also see:
http://members.shaw.ca/deercroft/download.html
Anyone know the latest update to BB's XLS?
mnredfox is offline  
Old Feb 17, 13, 6:38 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,689
Originally Posted by OB one View Post
As BlondeBomber posted in the thead linked to by jerry a. laska above, use this link from a previous version of the HHonors website and change the RewardLevel. The Level 7 hotels show up when clicking the link below. Change the number in RewardLevel=7 to 1-6 and then you can change the country or state if desired.


http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...levels.jhtml.2

I didn't check on each property to see if the results reflect current levels but they seem pretty accurate from glancing at them. At least they will give you an idea.
nice. I did not know there was a way to do so. Thanks for the correction and the link.
shoreline is offline  
Old Feb 17, 13, 9:40 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 548
Thanks for that link. Astonishing just how many properties are at the highest levels compared to other chains ...
joetro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread