Hilton Los cabos Or Hilton Marco island?

Old Feb 5, 13, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Hilton Los cabos Or Hilton Marco island?

I been reading post after post and im torn between these two properties.i have a 5 year old daughter that loves the pool and i want to take her to the best place.Can anybody tell me if any of these hotels are great for kids? Which of the two properties would you recommend if you had to choose based on how great it is?
Old Feb 5, 13, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Feb 5, 13, 7:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Does you five year old fly well especially a long haul flight from NYC to Cabo? I just got back from a trip to Hawaii and also a trip to Clearwater Beach, FL with my two year old and he loved the beach but flying was kind of rough.. Granted, I have not been to the Los Cabos property the hotel, pool and ocean look brilliant. The Marco Island property is nice and the beach is nice but the ocean right now is cold. the Los Cabos prop looks like a spectaular prop and I'd be willing to bet the Pacific would be warmer than the Gulf right now.
Old Feb 5, 13, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
Does you five year old fly well especially a long haul flight from NYC to Cabo? I just got back from a trip to Hawaii and also a trip to Clearwater Beach, FL with my two year old and he loved the beach but flying was kind of rough.. Granted, I have not been to the Los Cabos property the hotel, pool and ocean look brilliant. The Marco Island property is nice and the beach is nice but the ocean right now is cold. the Los Cabos prop looks like a spectaular prop and I'd be willing to bet the Pacific would be warmer than the Gulf right now.

My daughter does just fine shes used to traveling.We travel a lot i just got into the mile game and racked up about half a million Hilton points so i was thinking of giving this place a try.I never been to Los cabos but we go often to Cancun and playa del carmen and we love it there.How is the Hilton clearwater?
Old Feb 5, 13, 10:36 pm

I really like the Hilton Clearwater but only if you get a suite. Last year I took my 1 yr old at the time to the HC and had the Shebal Suite which was on the top floor overlooking the bay and the ocean. This year I booked a normal "Clearwater room" and was upgraded thru being a Diamond to a large one room 600 sq foot oceanfront suite (#602 if I am correct) and I can't imagine with kids ever going back. I am coming back to Clearwater for a business conference in mid April and I have reserved the top Presidental Suite called the Royal Palm Suite which is a true very 1k sq foot one bedroom with two bathroom, two balcony suite. The HC just went thru a x million dollar outside reno of their Tiki hut, treed areas, play areas and has made it a much nicer area all around for kids and adults. They have two pools which is nice, one for adults and one for kids. There is a volleyball court and free use of all non motorized equipment.

We also stayed at the Hyatt down the street for two nights and three days I have to say it blows the socks off the Hilton room wise. The Hyatt was built three years ago as it is not not beachfront (across the street from the beach) like the Hilton is directly on the beach. The Hyatt does have a larger pool with cabanas, a nicer workout room and they have a pretty good spa too which the Hilton does not. Premium amenity wise the beachfront Hilton has the Hyatt beat but if you looking for more luxurious resort and williling to pay for it the Hyatt may be right for you.

The one bedroom I booked at the Hyatt had two bathrooms (one with a walk in tile shower and one with a tub), at toilet in each bathroom, partial kitchen, a dining room table with four chairs, pull out couch, and separate bedroom with balcony over looking the pool. As of this past weekend the Premium 1 bdrm suite we booked was going for $450 per night but I ony paid $139 per night on Jetsetter. They have gulf front two bedroom suites they tried to upgrade me to for a additional $100 per night (I didn't bite) but those suites are normally priced at $750 and the Premium 2 bdrm was $1000 per night.

The only problem I have with Mexico now is the violence that is grappling the country. I just read in the Latimes tonight that six women were raped in Alcapulco at their rented beach house. I am sure Los Cabos is fine but my wife and I have stopped travelling to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen due to the violence. There are so many more beach resorts in Florida and and the Caribbean that are closer plus you don't have to worry about drug violence.
Old Feb 6, 13, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
The only problem I have with Mexico now is the violence that is grappling the country. I just read in the Latimes tonight that six women were raped in Alcapulco at their rented beach house. I am sure Los Cabos is fine but my wife and I have stopped travelling to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen due to the violence. There are so many more beach resorts in Florida and and the Caribbean that are closer plus you don't have to worry about drug violence.
I was told that Los Cabos is one of the safest area in Mexico. When we were there last October, we didn't feel unsafe at any time. In fact, it actually feels safer than going to downtown LA.

But the pool at Hilton Los Cabos is not really for kids. It is a very beautiful pool though. There is the beach, but the waves are quite high. It is good for body surfing but probably not for a 5 years old.
Old Feb 6, 13, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum - SPG Platinum and HH DIA - SPG PLT
i will weigh in here.\

cabo is beautiful for kids and the pool(s) are good for them...they have kids activities as well as a kids specific pool...they can swim anywhere but you will gravitate to the pool near the kids house.

the ocean has a serious undertow but they have built a nice breakwall and my 2 and 4 year olds were able to go in. with close supervision obviously.

the rooms are nice and my preference is for a ground floor room where you can walk out the back to hit the play areas.

i have done hilton cancun and cabo is way nicer...unless you golf a lot?

i can't comment on marco or clearwater but Barbados is a nice option as well and i really want to try that one...

keep us posted on the decision
Old Feb 6, 13, 12:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold (former Platinum), Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Need View Post

But the pool at Hilton Los Cabos is not really for kids. It is a very beautiful pool though. There is the beach, but the waves are quite high. It is good for body surfing but probably not for a 5 years old.
You took away my entire post - I was going to mention that the pool and beach there, while definitely pretty, are not terribly kid friendly. We spent two days there and the kids were not impressed. I'm glad it was only two days.

Without kids - it's a great place!

Marco, on the other hand, was terrific. Our daughter was married nearby and we all stayed at that property. Kids all loved the place. Beach was great, pool was fun and the staff was outstanding.
Old Feb 6, 13, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

After reading all your helpful comments i decided on doing a road trip kinda.I will fly from JFK to Tampa and stay 2 days in clear water and St Petes area then i will head to siesta key for two days at the Hyatt then i will go to Hilton Naples for 2 days then finish off the last two days at the Hilton Marco island and take a plane back from Fort Myers to JFK.What do you guys think?
Old Feb 6, 13, 4:14 pm

I think that is a great vacation! Will you be bringing along your five year old? Either way you are going to have a ball. Enjoy the trip!
Old Feb 6, 13, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

yes i will bring my 5 year old with me hopefully she will have a blast.
Old Feb 6, 13, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

does hilton have a kids club?
Old Feb 6, 13, 7:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Plat Marriott
At least you'll keep daughter busy!

Originally Posted by jada135 View Post
After reading all your helpful comments i decided on doing a road trip kinda.I will fly from JFK to Tampa and stay 2 days in clear water and St Petes area then i will head to siesta key for two days at the Hyatt then i will go to Hilton Naples for 2 days then finish off the last two days at the Hilton Marco island and take a plane back from Fort Myers to JFK.What do you guys think?
We don't travel like that.....I actually need a nap after reading that, but your daughter will probably enjoy it because she'll be either busy packing or unpacking!

Sounds fun....not for me, but for you guys.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 6, 13, 8:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Plat Marriott
Very true....

Originally Posted by Need View Post
I was told that Los Cabos is one of the safest area in Mexico. When we were there last October, we didn't feel unsafe at any time. In fact, it actually feels safer than going to downtown LA.

Actually, you are correct! There are places in Los Angeles that I would not want to walk around and we walk all over San Jose del Cabo and Cabo at night.

And I also agree that the pools are really not for kids. That was my impression as well.

Dawn
Old Feb 6, 13, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kymbakitty View Post
We don't travel like that.....I actually need a nap after reading that, but your daughter will probably enjoy it because she'll be either busy packing or unpacking!

Sounds fun....not for me, but for you guys.

Enjoy!

What are your travels like? I came up with this idea so we could see alot of beaches but now that i think about it my wife is going to get pissed since shes the one who packs.Do you suggest a certain hotel i got 8 days to spend which originally was for Hilton los cabos but i heard most likely my daughter will be very bored.

Search this Thread