Booking with through Amex/Concur

Old Jan 30, 13, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Booking through Amex/Concur

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but Amex and Concur are not great search terms.

My company just switched travel providers to Amex Business Travel and I've noticed that none of the hotel reservations I booked through Concur this week show up in my hhonors account as upcoming stays. I've confirmed that my hhonors number is attached to my reservation by viewing the entry in Tripit.

Is this standard? Does it indicate an issue with earning credit for stays? Will I need to confirm hhonors info at check-in?

Thanks all.

Last edited by jdhowa2; Jan 30, 13 at 3:58 am
Old Jan 30, 13, 8:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Try calling AmEx travel to see what's up. I book via Concur all the time and the hotel booking are always shown on hhonors about an hour after booking. I can't actually modify/view reservation details on the hilton website, but they are listed in my upcoming reservations.

Neil
Old Jan 30, 13, 8:41 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
Same for me - I book through Concur for work all the time and the reservations would always show up in my Hhonors account.

And, unable to modify/view the reservations except via Concur.

Make sure that your Hhonors number is entered in your Concur profile in the settings and that you just didn't add it on the reservation page. That's the only thing I can think of.
Old Jan 30, 13, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks, all. That's what I wanted to know. Off to bug somebody else now...
Old Feb 3, 13, 8:52 am
Original Poster

In case anyone else ever has this problem... This ended up being a name issue. I go by my middle name which is how my Hhonors account was set up. Concur was booking under my passport (first) name. So my Hhonors number was in the reservation but it wouldn't show up under my account on the website because the name didn't match.
Old Jan 10, 21, 10:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
A super old thread but it seems the best match for my query.

Are reservations booked through Concur eligible for elite recognition and credit?
Old Jan 11, 21, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by danger View Post
A super old thread but it seems the best match for my query.

Are reservations booked through Concur eligible for elite recognition and credit?
Generally, yes, as Concur is treated like a travel agent. Some people have had problems with their Concur reservations visible on the Hilton website.
See for example these threads:
Can I still get hilton honors points if I book my hotels from hotels.com?
Question: Do Corporate Rates accrue benefits
New Corporate TA bookings not earning
Old Jan 12, 21, 12:12 am

Concur is just a travel booking tool that shows the booking options your company has made available. When I book a hilton hotel in concur I see rate options for booking via SABRE, HRS and also hotels.com - if I book the SABRE rate then the booking shows up in the hilton app and I get points. I haven't tried booking the HRS or hotels.com rate in Concur, as I doubt I will get points.
Old Jan 12, 21, 12:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Thank you both. Very helpful.
Old Jan 30, 22, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
Originally Posted by marinedjp View Post
Same for me - I book through Concur for work all the time and the reservations would always show up in my Hhonors account.

And, unable to modify/view the reservations except via Concur.

Make sure that your Hhonors number is entered in your Concur profile in the settings and that you just didn't add it on the reservation page. That's the only thing I can think of.
I was told today via email from the Hilton Honors Diamond representative that bookings made on Concur will not earn elite credit or points. I guess its back to Marriott for me.
Old Jan 30, 22, 11:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ringer909 View Post
I was told today via email from the Hilton Honors Diamond representative that bookings made on Concur will not earn elite credit or points. I guess its back to Marriott for me.
That's nonsense and the Diamond rep is wrong.
Old Jan 30, 22, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Uh, no. Not true. If you've booked a Hilton property with Concur and Concur sends your HH account info, it will show up in your HH bookings and you will get credit and points.

David
Old Jan 30, 22, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Uh, no. Not true. If you've booked a Hilton property with Concur and Concur sends your HH account info, it will show up in your HH bookings and you will get credit and points.

David
True. It used to work that way but now they are telling me Concur is a 3rd party and no points.
Old Jan 30, 22, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True. It used to work that way but now they are telling me Concur is a 3rd party and no points.
So have any of your recent Hilton property stays been refused nights and points that were booked through Concur? If so, have you previously gotten credit and points for Hilton stays booked through Concur?

David
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Feb 1, 22, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So as a followup, the Hilton property bookings made through Concur are properly showing up in my HH account and am receiving e-mails from Hilton on details of each stay a week in advance as has been their standard procedure that include my HH status, account, etc.

David

Search this Thread