Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

When are miles for award reservations pulled?

Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold

I have an award reservation for a night in London that I made several months ago. I called the Diamond desk last week to add a second room to the reservation, as we'll be meeting a friend in London. Rather than add a room to the existing reservation, the agent made a separate reservation for the second room. This was last week and as of yet, no points have been pulled from my account for the second room.

I was under the impression that points were pulled immediately at booking, is that no longer the case? Pretty sure they were when I booked the other rooms for this trip.

Last edited by jzoz01; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:59 am
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:01 pm

Miles?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
In my experience it is immediately upon booking. You might want to look into the booking of the 2nd room to make sure it went through.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
The booking is showing in my upcoming reservations and I did receive an email confirming the booking, but no points have been pulled.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by jzoz01
I have an award reservation for a night in London that I made several months ago. I called the Diamond desk last week to add a second room to the reservation, as we'll be meeting a friend in London. Rather than add a room to the existing reservation, the agent made a separate reservation for the second room. This was last week and as of yet, no points have been pulled from my account for the second room.

I was under the impression that points were pulled immediately at booking, is that no longer the case? Pretty sure they were when I booked the other rooms for this trip.

If you are certain no points have been pulled from the account you should call immediately.

It may be that room was booked as 'cash pay' and not a reward, in which case your CC on file will be billed at the time of checkout. (better to correct before arrival).

Reward stays remove the points from the account the second the confirmation button is hit.

You should also receive an email confirmation, which would show if it was a reward stay or cash pay.

Quite often they add reward stays as a separate reservation so the first one does not get messed up. It's better that way (especially if you decide you need to cancel it).
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jzoz01
The booking is showing in my upcoming reservations and I did receive an email confirming the booking, but no points have been pulled.

If showing in your account as a separate reservation confirmation number, is there a reward cert number listed? or do the details of the reservation show it's $XX?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
At booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.